Why do people want Braxton Miller back?
-
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
-
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
If RRod or Mullen goes to UF, I go there
-
Denard only had 351 yards his freshman year. He was the backup and only ran some gimmicky WildDawg plays. So that's over 4,000 rushing yards in three seasons. ... Oh, and Funchess is a Jr...Robinson had 4495 yards rushing in his career as a QB at Mich. Miller has 3054 in 3 seasons. In a good season Miller could come close to that number.
But as far as 6'2" 215 not translating to RB.....poppycock. You say if he put on 15-20 pounds he could be better.
Gee....I can think of a guy that was 6'2 232 pounds who played RB........guy named Jim Brown. Ever hear of him? Greatest RB of all time. OJ was also about that same size.
Size isn't the issue...skill/aptitude are.
I say he needs to bulk up not so he can be better, but so he can be more durable. 6'2" 215 is not your average HB for a reason, and Braxton has a lanky build. You can look at his build vs HBs of close height and weights, and he looks lankier.
I'm not sure why the Jim Brown comment matters. Besides the fact that the NFL has changed since then, that's also the weight I'm talking about.
I watched some of his highlights yesterday, there are a lot of scrambles out of the pocket for yards. He also had a very, very good team around him.
Size is an issue because durability is an issue. Yes, he'd have to commit to the change. I think he pretty much has all of the running skills needed. Call me biased if you want, but its just not the same situation as Denard. He clearly looked like he could be a HB based on his size, what we gave him, and how he ran.
Again, I think he could be a very good back, but not top 5. Not better than Gordon, Abdullah, Cobb, Coleman, Gurley, Johnson, etc.
Denard only had 351 yards his freshman year. He was the backup and only ran some gimmicky WildDawg plays. So that's over 4,000 rushing yards in three seasons. ... Oh, and Funchess is a Jr...
Well, if you are saying that Robinson was a RB...and not really a QB, I would agree...and his play would tend to prove that.
I say he needs to bulk up not so he can be better, but so he can be more durable. 6'2" 215 is not your average HB for a reason, and Braxton has a lanky build. You can look at his build vs HBs of close height and weights, and he looks lankier.
If he gained those 15 pounds he wouldn't be so lanky......and as for 6'2" 215 not being the average size of a HB, sure.....but 6'2" 230 is the size of some of the very best to ever play RB. : Jim Brown as noted. OJ as noted. Eric Dickerson was 6'3 220. Marcus Allen 6'2" 220. Franco Harris 6'2 230. Corey Dillon 6'1" 225. Stephen Jackson 6'2 240. Eddie George 6'3 235. It is not his height/weight that would be a big issue. Sure, put on a few pounds of muscle would help.
I'm not sure why the Jim Brown comment matters. Besides the fact that the NFL has changed since then, that's also the weight I'm talking about.
In any era, a 6'2" 232 pound RB like JB is a beast.
I watched some of his highlights yesterday, there are a lot of scrambles out of the pocket for yards.
Yea? Well, that is how QBs get there yards. How many scrambles out of the pocket did Robinson have? Most of his yards were gotten that way.
He also had a very, very good team around him.
Size is an issue because durability is an issue. Yes, he'd have to commit to the change. I think he pretty much has all of the running skills needed. Call me biased if you want, but its just not the same situation as Denard. He clearly looked like he could be a HB based on his size, what we gave him, and how he ran.
OK, sure.....Denard should have never been playing QB. Because he wasn't good enough. HB is his natural position. Braxton was/is a far more accomplished QB than Robinson ever could be.
Again, I think he could be a very good back, but not top 5. Not better than Gordon, Abdullah, Cobb, Coleman, Gurley, Johnson, etc.
Well, I am looking at his 1271 and 1068 yard figures, and believe that with a bit more muscle and a bit more training at the position he could do pretty darn good if he were a featured RB. But he may never get that chance.
-
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping. The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
-
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping. The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping.
I think you are paranoid. All I did was agree with you that Denard Robinson made a better HB than QB. Are you now disagreeing with yourself?
The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
You are the one that claimed that 6'2" was too "lanky:" for a RB. All I did was show you that with about 15 pounds of weight/muscle that Miller would be the same height/weight as JB and others. In other words....it is perfectly relevent to show that a guy that size is perfectly capable of being a good RB.
(or do you still think no on that tall makes a good RB.....if so....go tell that to JB)
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
Braxton: taller, stronger arm, more accurate, better all around QB.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
Height and weight are not an issue....but durability is. Again, if Miller had 15 more pounds he would be same height/weight as JB. JB never missed a game.
With just like 5 more pounds he would be same height/weight as Marcus Allen. Allen was very durable. Durability alone is the issue....and yes, with Miller it is an issue. Not whether or not he could gain a few pounds. And Miller's shoulder was hurt as a result of his arm being hit on a pass. That had nothing to do with his height/weight.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
Maybe so, you never know until he does it.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
I don't think it is going to matter, I don't think Miller will want to "transition" to RB. He will want to remain a QB. Whether or not he could make a good NFL QB is speculative. He could probably do very well in Canada. Not sure what he will want.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
-
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
Your wish is my command. Here are some QB stats. Tell me which set belongs to whom:
139/227 1557 yds. 61.2% 6.86 ypa 8 TDs 13 Ints.
150/233 2156 yds 64.4% 9.25 ypa 26 TDs 7 Ints.
-
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into. You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan. It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not. Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree. You've talked about Jim Brown.
-
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into. You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan. It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not. Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree. You've talked about Jim Brown.
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into.
No, it is YOU that turns it into that. You cannot go a single thread without propping up some average Michigan player. YOU are the one that brought Denard Robinson into this. You are the one that argues with everything that may be said on here about Ohio St. ....and try to disrespect their players and program. Don't bring up fucking Michigan in every single one of your posts,.....and we won't talk about them or their players. Are you really to fatuous to realize that this ALL comes from your actions, not mine?
You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan.
First off, none of my info is incorrect....you may not like the infor because it does not prop up your delusions....but it is correct.
And I am not the one who turns these conversation into a rip Michigan session. QUIT bringing up fucking Michigan players to compare them to Ohio State players and no one will talk about their sorry asses. YOU are the one that brought silly little Denard into a conversation about Braxton Miller. I simply carried on with the comparison.
Take responsibility for your own actions son. Don't try to pawn off blame if you will onto others for your own action.
You reap what you sow....and if you want to bring comparisons of everything that is said and done on here to some Michigan guy....so be it. Don't Whine about the actions you brought upon yourself.
It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It isn't for you to decide what is or is not an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not.
I don't care either. And I don't care that you don't care. But you are talking about it. If you don't care, quit talking.
Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
No one would know the answer to that until he actually does it. You think you know....but you don't know. I think he would be pretty good at is just as he is. He already gained over 1200 yards at QB. He might be able to do the same at HB...or better. Or he may need those few extra pounds. Or he may not. No one really knows. I think he could do fine as is, maybe better with a little more muscle. You think the worse of any Ohio State player. So you have no credibility.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
Why do you think a running back is back there? To prune tulips? Of course yardage translates to how good a back you are. You gain a lot of yards, you are considered a good RB. You don't, you aren't. There have been ALL types of runners with all types of builds that have been good, from 6'4" Brandon Jacobs and 6'3" Eric Dickerson to the Darren Sproles 5'5 5'6 types.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree.
Yea, you said because of his build. And now we have debunked the fact that build per se would be an automatic qualifier as all kinds of guys with all kinds of builds have been successful runners.
http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjacobs/2506448/profile
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SproDa00.htm
You've talked about Jim Brown.
Yes, because he is the best RB ever....and this IS a conversation about Running Backs.....and because....going back to build, he is very similar in build to Miller.
-
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into.
No, it is YOU that turns it into that. You cannot go a single thread without propping up some average Michigan player. YOU are the one that brought Denard Robinson into this. You are the one that argues with everything that may be said on here about Ohio St. ....and try to disrespect their players and program. Don't bring up fucking Michigan in every single one of your posts,.....and we won't talk about them or their players. Are you really to fatuous to realize that this ALL comes from your actions, not mine?
You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan.
First off, none of my info is incorrect....you may not like the infor because it does not prop up your delusions....but it is correct.
And I am not the one who turns these conversation into a rip Michigan session. QUIT bringing up fucking Michigan players to compare them to Ohio State players and no one will talk about their sorry asses. YOU are the one that brought silly little Denard into a conversation about Braxton Miller. I simply carried on with the comparison.
Take responsibility for your own actions son. Don't try to pawn off blame if you will onto others for your own action.
You reap what you sow....and if you want to bring comparisons of everything that is said and done on here to some Michigan guy....so be it. Don't Whine about the actions you brought upon yourself.
It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It isn't for you to decide what is or is not an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not.
I don't care either. And I don't care that you don't care. But you are talking about it. If you don't care, quit talking.
Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
No one would know the answer to that until he actually does it. You think you know....but you don't know. I think he would be pretty good at is just as he is. He already gained over 1200 yards at QB. He might be able to do the same at HB...or better. Or he may need those few extra pounds. Or he may not. No one really knows. I think he could do fine as is, maybe better with a little more muscle. You think the worse of any Ohio State player. So you have no credibility.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
Why do you think a running back is back there? To prune tulips? Of course yardage translates to how good a back you are. You gain a lot of yards, you are considered a good RB. You don't, you aren't. There have been ALL types of runners with all types of builds that have been good, from 6'4" Brandon Jacobs and 6'3" Eric Dickerson to the Darren Sproles 5'5 5'6 types.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree.
Yea, you said because of his build. And now we have debunked the fact that build per se would be an automatic qualifier as all kinds of guys with all kinds of builds have been successful runners.
http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjacobs/2506448/profile
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SproDa00.htm
You've talked about Jim Brown.
Yes, because he is the best RB ever....and this IS a conversation about Running Backs.....and because....going back to build, he is very similar in build to Miller.
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into.
No, it is YOU that turns it into that. You cannot go a single thread without propping up some average Michigan player. YOU are the one that brought Denard Robinson into this. You are the one that argues with everything that may be said on here about Ohio St. ....and try to disrespect their players and program. Don't bring up fucking Michigan in every single one of your posts,.....and we won't talk about them or their players. Are you really to fatuous to realize that this ALL comes from your actions, not mine?
You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan.
First off, none of my info is incorrect....you may not like the infor because it does not prop up your delusions....but it is correct.
And I am not the one who turns these conversation into a rip Michigan session. QUIT bringing up fucking Michigan players to compare them to Ohio State players and no one will talk about their sorry asses. YOU are the one that brought silly little Denard into a conversation about Braxton Miller. I simply carried on with the comparison.
Take responsibility for your own actions son. Don't try to pawn off blame if you will onto others for your own action.
You reap what you sow....and if you want to bring comparisons of everything that is said and done on here to some Michigan guy....so be it. Don't Whine about the actions you brought upon yourself.
It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It isn't for you to decide what is or is not an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not.
I don't care either. And I don't care that you don't care. But you are talking about it. If you don't care, quit talking.
Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
No one would know the answer to that until he actually does it. You think you know....but you don't know. I think he would be pretty good at is just as he is. He already gained over 1200 yards at QB. He might be able to do the same at HB...or better. Or he may need those few extra pounds. Or he may not. No one really knows. I think he could do fine as is, maybe better with a little more muscle. You think the worse of any Ohio State player. So you have no credibility.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
Why do you think a running back is back there? To prune tulips? Of course yardage translates to how good a back you are. You gain a lot of yards, you are considered a good RB. You don't, you aren't. There have been ALL types of runners with all types of builds that have been good, from 6'4" Brandon Jacobs and 6'3" Eric Dickerson to the Darren Sproles 5'5 5'6 types.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree.
Yea, you said because of his build. And now we have debunked the fact that build per se would be an automatic qualifier as all kinds of guys with all kinds of builds have been successful runners.
http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjacobs/2506448/profile
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SproDa00.htm
You've talked about Jim Brown.
Yes, because he is the best RB ever....and this IS a conversation about Running Backs.....and because....going back to build, he is very similar in build to Miller.
Alright, I am going to try to go through this one more time. I'll go slowly. I'll try to be thorough. We'll see what happens. If you come back with more of your biased OSU crap, then it is clear I just wasted my time.
Let's remember the premise here, since one of your "tactics" seems to be arguing something I never disagreed with in an attempt to look like your right. The post I originally questioned, was you saying Braxton Miller would be a Top 5 or better HB in college football if he made the transition. I said that was ridiculous. I mentioned his current build and his injury history as reasoning against this. You told me he ran for a lot of yards as a QB, and I pointed out to you that these yards do not always translate to HB yardage. Much of his yards came off of scrambles, which he wouldn't get as a HB. There are also many QBs with a lot of rushing yards that would not translate to HBs. Terrelle Pyor was averaging about 5 yards a carry and 750 yards a season at OSU, but no one would tell you he could be a great HB, because there is more to it than numbers.
Also, take note of the fact I agreed Braxton would be a pretty good HB. You are talking about elite level, and that's ridiculous to say.
Now, let's go through all of your comments in the last post:
"I can't go a single thread without bringing up a Michigan player". Well that's just not true. Recently I can think of this one, a draft one where I mentioned Funchess (and you proceeded to post incorrect information about him that I correct for you) and then probably the Jags game, where, ya know, a Michigan player killed us on the ground. Now why would I bring up Denard Robinson in a thread about a mobile QB taking a possible transition to HB. Huh, now why would that be. Hmmm... let me think.... hmmm.... Oh ya, cuz he fucking went though that change, and successfully. I've seen all of his games and a ton of Braxton's. I can tell you there is a distinct difference in their build, their running style, and how those yards were gained. That's the point. Denard is here as an example because he is literally the best example you can come up with for the exact purpose of this "debate". So ya, I'm gonna fucking mention him. Try not to get your panties in a bunch when I mention him, unless you're still sour about the Jags lost (we did just shit the bed though). You might be though, since your next post was full of shots at Denard and details I had never even brought up, was not debating, and added nothing to the current convo.
I'm not disrespecting anyone on OSU. You are saying Braxton would be an elite level CFB HB (well, you did, you're backtracking now). I disagreed with that, and explained my sound reasoning. That's all I've said. If you're bent out of shape of any past mentioning of shady Tressel or something, get over it. I don't do it all the time and I say negative things about OSU and OSU players way less than you do abou Michigan....
I enjoy you trying to play the victim though, that's funny. Any third party could read our series of posts and see the one where you made it "OSU vs Michigan" "anti Michigan" etc. It is very obvious to an unbiased observer (then they can look through the previous times your anti Michigan sentiments have come up, and they'll get a clear pattern).
On your info being incorrect, off of the top of my head you thought Denard started for 4 years and he got those yards over 4 full years, that's incorrect. You also stated he got most of those yard son scrambles, that's also incorrect.
"Quit bringing up Michigan players"... you really need to not get so bent out of shape when a Michigan player comes up in conversation. Your bias clouds your mind, for sure. Again, who would be a better comparison for a mobile QB making a successful transition to HB recently? Denard is the perfect reference here for Braxton. I'm sorry you get so bent out of shape over anything Michigan. Grow up.
I want to bring comparisons to Michigan players to EVERYTHING, oh god... I made a comparison to THIS. Why? Because it fucking makes sense. It is literally the best fucking example to pick. If Denard went to Wisco, or Iowa, or UF.... I'd be saying the same thing. You're the one that goes on the offensive and starts ripping on Michigan just because a plyer from there was brought up. Get some self control. Its not my fault you're a 12 year old when it comes to this stuff.
When you combined his height + weight, his build, and his injury history.... it becomes an issue. That would be a major concern if he is changing to a position that is going to take a beating, example, HB.
I said I don't care whether or not he "wants" to make the transition or not, because that is not what this topic is about. We are trying to discuss whether or not he would be a elite back, and I am saying no. I am making the assumption he will work at the transition and not Tim Tebow it. (If he Tim Tebow's it going forward, his chances in the NFL drop considerably. Hopefully someone in his inner circle tells him this.)
"I think he would be pretty good as he is". I agree with you (though, again, "as is" presents an injury concern). I didn't disagree with a comment that said "pretty good" though, I disagreed with a comment saying he'd be top 5 or better.
"He already gained over 1200 yards as a QB". Again, this really doesn't mean as muh as you are making it seem. If this yards on scrambles, they aren't between the tackles, they're a lot of yards before contact, etc etc etc, that doesn't add up to being HB yardage. Not to mention the build and size stuff I mentioned earlier.
"You think the worse[sic] of any OSU player" LOL, really? That is what I do? Are you fucking kidding me... do you read your comments about Michigan players? HAHAHA. I already stated I think Braxton would be a pretty good HB. Apparently thinking he wont be a Top 5 HB means I am "thinking the worst" of him. I also said that Bosa will be a very good DL, but he's not Watt. Does that mean I am "thinking the worst" of Bosa too because I don't think he's the same as arguably the best defensive player in the NFL? No, I am not as biased and all in on OSU players as you. No, I don't think they are all super elite like you. But no, that does NOT mean I think the worst of them. I think a much less biased opinion than you do. That is all.
I was saying the yardage gained as a QB does not directly translate to how good of a HB you will be. Again, this is because in a lot of instances the runs arent the same, the situations arent the same, etc etc.
Here is an interesting analysis of HB heights in the NFL https://www.bsports.com/statsinsights/nfl/why-have-nfl-running-backs-gotten-shorter-a-statistical-investigation#.VGbcJvnF9-4 the average coming out to between 5'10" and 5'11". I never said tall HBs didn't exist, but they are less common. These tall HBs also usually have more weight on them than Braxton. Again, this is just a general thing for anyone with his build, and then its amplified by his injury history.
I am happy you love Jim Brown so much, but again, he doesnt add a ton to this "debate" for you. 1) How long ago did he play? Please remind me... then try to think about how much the game has changed since then. 2) Brown had at least 15 pounds on where Braxton is now. You can look at pictures of both. They may be the same height, but not the same build. I was already saying he'd have t put on weight, this is just agreeing with what I already said. 3) So, mentioning a HB from 50+ years ago makes sense because "this is a conversation about HBs"... but mentioning a similar college QB that very recently made the successful transition from QB to NFL HB is completely off base... because he's a Michigan player and you can't stand Michigan... ya... ok. That isn't full of BS bias at all...
Was that clear enough for you? Was your ridiculous bias and flat out incorrect statements pointed out enough for you? God I fucking hop so. But, based on my past experience with you... I highly doubt it...
-
Do all Michigan graduates chase their tails the way you do? You have repeated your "arguments" now for about the 3rd or 4th time. They are no more valid now than they were the first 3 times you posted them. Go back to doing something like humping a Michigan helmet...as all you are acting like now is a muskrat trying to chew its own leg off.
-
I accept your surrender. It is clear you can't look through your bias, and like every other "debate" we've had, you've applied the same tactics. It was the same old BS. No different than the colege rankings "debate".
-
I accept your surrender. It is clear you can't look through your bias, and like every other "debate" we've had, you've applied the same tactics. It was the same old BS. No different than the colege rankings "debate".
I accept your surrender. It is clear you can't look through your bias, and like every other "debate" we've had, you've applied the same tactics. It was the same old BS. No different than the colege rankings "debate".
No surrender. You just repeated the same thing over and over ad nauseum. I didn't think I was obligated to reply to the same thing for the 4th/5th time.
-
Lol woody is getting schooled
-
TO the OP: JP is a very good quarterback, especially being thrown to the wolves like he was. Much better passer than Braxton. (Actually, I think Kenny Guyton was a much better passer than Braxton)
It seems that fewer and fewer college offenses (oh no, here comes examples to prove me wrong) have "pro style" quarterback. Post Craig Krenzel, it seems that the Buckeyes have went to the run more, pass when needed qb or a more run oriented quarterback. It's nice to see JT Barret sling the football. It's good to have a pass first QB, even if he is a very effective dual threat.
If Braxton stays for another year at OSU I'd like to see him moved to WR or bulk up to be a TE.
As far as him transfering, I don't know about the NCAA mechanics of that. He has been granted another year, but would this year count as his "sit out" year, or if he transfered to another Div I college would he have to sit another year? If he had to sit a year to tranfer, he would be better off staying at OSU and changing positions. After what JT has done, a two headed qb monster is the best Braxton could hope for. I think he would make a good WR
-
Well it's official, he's returning
-
I thought we already knew he was returning?
-
Hmmm... TE. That's... Interesting. He could be a dangerous slot WR though
-
Miller has never been able to throw a consistently good football. Obviously as a runner Miller is better than J.T. But Barrett has that special ability to throw a great football and do what he needs to to escape. I really hope Meyer doesn't cave to pressure and realizes Barrett is clearly the better QB.
-
Sooo.... Could miller be back by January?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login