Skip to content

firearm question

Political Discussion
152 12 4.6k
  • I would never pay anywhere near $800 bucks for a Taurus.

  • I would never pay anywhere near $800 bucks for a Taurus.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I would never pay anywhere near $800 bucks for a Taurus.

    Taurus makes an excellent revolver. And that particular model you would never fire. If you pulled it out the other guy would shit himself and pass out.

  • It might sound kind of petty but I prefer to buy American when I can. That was why I bought a Ruger over a glock or something else at that price point.

  • When I get a revolver it will be an s&w

  • Nah I know lots of people who lean American when purchasing firearms. I don't get hung up on it. Most of the foreign owned gun companies manufacture their guns in the U.S.

  • There is a store around Cleveland called Fin Feather and Fur. They sell a wide variety of handguns. And the prices are almost always the lowest. They also buy and sell used guns.

    http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

  • Yeah I'm well familiar with fin feather and fur. Will be making a trip to the middleberg location this weekend

  • That's the store my ccw instructor advised as generally having the best prices...

  • There is a store around Cleveland called Fin Feather and Fur. They sell a wide variety of handguns. And the prices are almost always the lowest. They also buy and sell used guns.

    http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

    @browns149 said:

    There is a store around Cleveland called Fin Feather and Fur. They sell a wide variety of handguns. And the prices are almost always the lowest. They also buy and sell used guns.

    http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

    Thats not to far from where I live. Going to have to go and check it out.

  • Cysko - you're a vet correct? Still have a DOD card? Pretty sure you can get any of th 9mm Glocks for $398. Google the Glock "LE" or "Blue Label " program. $150-200 off regular price depending on the model. Sig sauer and smith&wesson have similar programs.

    If you're carrying (as large as you are) you should have no trouble conceal carrying a Glock 19. Top 3 reliable weapon IMO. Reliability is paramount IMO for a self defense handgun. If you're getting something for your wife:

    1) let her pick it out/ try it out

    2) Glock 42 is a great tiny gun in .380acp for the wife. Not my ideal self defense caliber, but better than nothing. (Made in USA too)

    Echoing what logic said, stay away from the hi-point. Even if it's just for plinking paper. You'll have more enjoyable trips to the range/back yard if you're not clearing jams 50% of the time.

  • I forgot that Cysko served. Yeah the Glock discount is pretty nice for police, fire, and military.

  • I just submitted mine. You have to be either Active Duty, National Guard, Reservist, or Retired military. Just being a vet won't get you the discount.

  • Right. I wasn't sure how long he'd served. And the 20yr/Ret is what I was going for when I said "vet"

    Worth looking into though

    I'm dying to find a Sig p320 (their striker fired pistol) - nobody has them though.

  • Yeah I was honorably discharged in 09 After 7 years so I probably don't qualify

  • Yeah I was honorably discharged in 09 After 7 years so I probably don't qualify

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah I was honorably discharged in 09 After 7 years so I probably don't qualify

    Right on. Thanks for your time in.

    I'd even look at used Glock's. If you're comfortable enough with checking for slide wear, and internals (striker pin, trigger assy, etc) a used Gen 3 19 is hard to beat. I would. Most "used" handguns have less than 5000 rounds through them unless they're police trade ins. Even those are still worth a look.

  • I hope you guys had a chance at a free lunch at the Texas Roadhouse

    on veterans day.

    That is great fun.

  • Check out this little beauty of a concealed carry .380 made by taurus. It's not quite out yet so no msrp but I'm highly interested in it

    Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

  • Check out this little beauty of a concealed carry .380 made by taurus. It's not quite out yet so no msrp but I'm highly interested in it

    Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Check out this little beauty of a concealed carry .380 made by taurus. It's not quite out yet so no msrp but I'm highly interested in it

    Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

    It's definitely intriguing. MSRP around $390 from what I'm reading. Dealer/retail probably 300ish. I'm interested in

    A.) performance/reliability

    B.) a lefty version

  • That is nice. Even has a belt clip. Would be great for extreme close in use, kid of a last resort weapon.

  • That is nice. Even has a belt clip. Would be great for extreme close in use, kid of a last resort weapon.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That is nice. Even has a belt clip. Would be great for extreme close in use, kid of a last resort weapon.

    Well that's sort of what a concealed carry weapon is supposed to be, no? I like that it has the light and laser built into the frame