New Browns fan from Aggieland
-
Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
I could be wrong, he could be a bust, but I think if Johnny ever plays in a real game, you'll be happy with the results. He's just getting better learning the pro game. Hoyer looks great, though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
-
1. Snickers commercial. Who here would turn down that money? That's not about attention, that's about making money while you can. If he's the bust some of you think he is, he's doing the smart thing.
2. "Johnny might not play a down". He will play many downs, just maybe not for the Browns. If Hoyer continues his path, and the run game and defense stays strong Johnny might have to be traded. Which is weird, because a lot of you guys in here talk so much trash about him, it's like you want him to suck. If he sucks, his trade value drops, which hurts the Browns.
3. Mallett. He beat the Aggies twice at Arkansas. He was a pretty good college qb. He's really big, lik 6' 8", and has a cannon, but he's not known as the smartest guy around. His mobility was not great either, so hopefully pressure will cause him to make some bad decisions. I think he'll have a rough day against the Cleveland defense.
-
Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
I could be wrong, he could be a bust, but I think if Johnny ever plays in a real game, you'll be happy with the results. He's just getting better learning the pro game. Hoyer looks great, though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
He isn't being a diva, or complaining about his role everybody else is doing it for him.Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
I could be wrong, he could be a bust, but I think if Johnny ever plays in a real game, you'll be happy with the results. He's just getting better learning the pro game. Hoyer looks great, though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
The problem is, Johnny may never be a starter for the browns so would you become a fan of whatever team hes on or the browns

-
He isn't being a diva, or complaining about his role everybody else is doing it for him.Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
I could be wrong, he could be a bust, but I think if Johnny ever plays in a real game, you'll be happy with the results. He's just getting better learning the pro game. Hoyer looks great, though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
The problem is, Johnny may never be a starter for the browns so would you become a fan of whatever team hes on or the browns

Fair question. My money is on whatever team he plays for. Nothing wrong with that, I don't care really.He isn't being a diva, or complaining about his role everybody else is doing it for him.
The problem is, Johnny may never be a starter for the browns so would you become a fan of whatever team hes on or the browns

-
Good question. I'm a Johnny fan and he's a Brown, so I'm a Browns fan. Just being honest.
I will say that as a teenager I was rooting for the Kosar-led Browns and was pretty depressed both times they lost to Denver. It would be really cool if Johnny could become a great player for Cleveland.
-
-
Good question. I'm a Johnny fan and he's a Brown, so I'm a Browns fan. Just being honest.
I will say that as a teenager I was rooting for the Kosar-led Browns and was pretty depressed both times they lost to Denver. It would be really cool if Johnny could become a great player for Cleveland.
Good question. I'm a Johnny fan and he's a Brown, so I'm a Browns fan. Just being honest.
I will say that as a teenager I was rooting for the Kosar-led Browns and was pretty depressed both times they lost to Denver. It would be really cool if Johnny could become a great player for Cleveland.
And it'd be cool if Obama became a great president.. Obama can contract ebola then have an orgy with Johnny Manziel, and Paul and Larry Dolan for all I care
-
the thing that soured a lot of us (not all, not a majority, just some) on manziel is the JF fanboys that just continue this love fest drivel ad nauseam. we know the whole manziel story by now. everything. at this point unless he becomes a hall of famer this whole process of drafting him, the media circus post draft/preseason, the fan and media disappointment that he wasn't chosen to start, the continued JF fan bashing of hoyer. not worth it in my book.
no one hates the kid or wishes him ill-will (at least i don't anyways) but each mention of how great he is, how great he'll be just shoves another nail in the imaginary coffin of his tenure in cleveland in my dream world. i could really do without it, but it is america and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
-
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
-
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
HA!
alright man. i get you. don't get me wrong there are some really cool aggie/tx fans here for manziel. there is one bad apple who has spoiled the whole batch. if you stick around long enough i'm sure you'll bump into him, lol.
-
Brian Hoyer has started 12 games for us and we have won 9 of them.
During this same time period, other QBs have started 13 games for us and we won 1 of them.
So we are really happy with our starting Qb. Your obsession with our backup seems odd and out of place.
Like if the Cowboys/Texans drafted an Ohio St. Qb and we were all obsessing about him on your board while the undisputed starter was winning every week.
It is mancrushish and it is weird.
Z
-
Brian Hoyer has started 12 games for us and we have won 9 of them.
During this same time period, other QBs have started 13 games for us and we won 1 of them.
So we are really happy with our starting Qb. Your obsession with our backup seems odd and out of place.
Like if the Cowboys/Texans drafted an Ohio St. Qb and we were all obsessing about him on your board while the undisputed starter was winning every week.
It is mancrushish and it is weird.
Z
It's not even that he's won games, it's just his overall ability to lead a team and be a good quarterback. He goes through his progressions, knows how to read the field, makes quick decisions, can spread the ball around, has great touch and knows how to switch up the velocity on his ball, acceptable footwork, makes his teammates better, and has phenomenal accuracy and will consistently fit the ball into tight windows. And his overall leadership and how he gets the team to rally around him says a lot. How the team responded with hoyer compare to weeden and Campbell last year says it all. 2 completely different teams. And let's not forget how he always comes through when we need him most. Dudes just a winner.Zombo said:
Brian Hoyer has started 12 games for us and we have won 9 of them.
During this same time period, other QBs have started 13 games for us and we won 1 of them.
So we are really happy with our starting Qb. Your obsession with our backup seems odd and out of place.
Like if the Cowboys/Texans drafted an Ohio St. Qb and we were all obsessing about him on your board while the undisputed starter was winning every week.
It is mancrushish and it is weird.
Z
Our record is a product of hoyer's play, but using that as your only basis is stupid. When Derek Anderson was winning I don't think anyone with a brain thought he was the real deal. Hoyer just has it. He's going to be a successful QB for the next 10+ years. Hopefully for us.
And btw, hoyer should be 10-2, we totally beat Baltimore week 3
-
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
It never really occurred to me there would be an anti-johnny faction within the Aggie community. How substantial is that group? Is it to the point that it's wrecking chatroom threads and beaten to death in talk radio, even still?
I kinda think our Johnny media coverage is manageable right now. Seems all team reporters get a Johnny question of the week, and there's an article here and a commercial there.
-
1. Mancrush. No mancrush. I tried to explain it in my prior posts, not gonna try again.
2.Hoyer. I agree to a point. He has been really impressive, and it would be inconceivable to remove him if he keeps his current pace.. Having seen Johnny play in college, I believe his ceiling is higher than Hoyer's as he showed every quality you mentioned, plus insane mobility that he uses to make huge plays, plus an ability to avoid big hits. Granted, that was college, but he's still young and learning. But again, if Hoyer keeps playing well and winning, you can't remove him, gotta stay with what's working.
3. Aggie backlash against Johnny. A&M is a huge university and has lots of former students and fans. Many of them were not happy with all his publicity during the runup to his Heisman win. He was just all over the place, concerts, NBA games, casinos. Harmless stuff that anyone would do if they were in his position, I thought, but many Ags weren't happy about it and thought all that would cause a poor showing in our bowl game. Then he just obliterated OU in the Cotton Bowl, and all was seemingly forgiven.
Then of course came more Johnny-drama over the summer ending with the autograph stuff, and that sent some Aggies over the edge, hoping he'd be gone after his second season. I think a lot of the reason Johnny left college was that the scrutiny of a college qb is too much for a guy that lives his lifestyle. Actually, his insistence on living his life his way no matter what people say is one of the things I admire about him, but some Aggies didn't share that admiration. During both seasons, though, not 1 bad thing came out. When it's time to work, Johnny works hard.
To this day, some Aggies on message boards get irritated when Johnny threads are started, because basically, "he gone". I guess those guys feel your pain.
-
Yes yes another Aggie fan and Johnny Football follower, exactly what you all wanted. I've been lurking for a while now, and I understand how I'll be looked at by most on this board. Before you jump to conclusions, though, hear me out while I try to explain my, and other Aggies, point of view.
Most on here probably don't know or care what an Aggie is, totally understandable. Well, we love football. We love it so much that we used to build a 60-70 foot bonfire every Fall and would light it just before we played our hated rivals, the Texas Longhorns.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonfire was built solely by students, willing to work on weekends chopping down trees, carrying them out of the woods and loading them onto trucks to be transported onto campus. Then on campus, round-the-clock work would start transporting the logs to the stack site. Guys in harnesses wired in the logs on the higher stacks, sometimes 60 feet up on the 5th tier of logs.
I had the priveledge of working on bonfire in the 80's, and I could never fully communicate the depth of that experience on me, the feeling of exhilaration after lifting and carrying a felled tree with your buddies that you never thought could be lifted, and the intense heat given off when bonfire was lit, even when standing hundreds of feet away. All this work done to represent "the burning desire to beat the hell outta" the Longhorns.
Sadly, in 1999, the bonfire stack fell while being worked on, and 12 Aggies died.
Fast forward to 2012. The Aggies are moving to the SEC, leaving behind our rivalry game with the Longhorns to battle the giants of the college football world-Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn. Many predicted the Aggies, 7-6 the year before with Ryan Tannehill, would fail resoundingly with a new qb, a new coach and a new powerful conference. Out of this negativity and onto the field then stepped Johnny Manziel.
Many down here in TX knew who Johnny was from his amazing high school exploits, where he had already earned the nickname Johnny Football, because he did everything-- quarterback, receiver, running back, punt and kick returner, kicker. Famously, even with his amazing offensive numbers, Mack Brown recruited him to play safety for the Longhorns. Thank God, because Johnny grew up a Longhorn fan and surely would have played there had he been given the opportunity.
I had never heard of Johnny until he took the field against Florida his first game ever in college and drove the Ags right down the field for a touchdown. The Ags lost that game to a very good Florida team, but Johnny would go on to have the greatest season ever as an Aggie, leading the Aggies to the best end-of-year ranking in my lifetime, fifth, and of course, winning the Heisman.
For Johnny and the team to do what they did when immense failure was predicted and expected even by Aggies made it the greatest football season of my life, so he and the team will always be dear to me. I'm psyched that Mike Evans is doing well in Tampa. Christine Michael had some great runs for Seattle last week. But Johnny is on another level. I've never seen anything like him, and I doubt I will anytime soon. I mean, he lead the sec in rushing as a qb, for God sakes.
Fast forward to the Browns. I admit, I was hoping Hoyer would lose the starting job and I would continue to get to watch Johnny be Johnny, but that hasn't happened. Hoyer has been very good, I've been quite impressed at his play, and there's no way he should be replaced by Johnny this year, and I think Johnny would say the same thing. Yes, he would say the same thing.
Johnny wants to play, yes, its what he loves and what he's best at, but above all, he wants to win, and you should not discount the positive effect that I believe he's having on the team. By no means am I suggesting he is directly responsible for 6-4, but I guarantee he is working his ass off and being the best teammate he can be, which is probably surprising to many Browns players who expected "Johnny prima Donna" or "Johnny me me me". How do I know this? Because every teammate or coach he's ever had says the same thing about him.
Sorry this has been so long, but I'll end with this. I think Johnny is gonna tear it up in rhe NFL, and I hope it's with the Browns. I could be wrong, maybe Johnny won't be as good in the NFL, maybe he's too small, too quick to take off from the pocket, and not fast enough compared to NFL speed. My money is on Johnny Football. Whether he is Johnny Clipboard the rest of this year, or something happens and he gets on the field, he will never disappoint you on the field or in the locker room.
Many down here in TX knew who Johnny was from his amazing high school exploits, where he had already earned the nickname Johnny Football, because he did everything-- quarterback, receiver, running back, punt and kick returner, kicker. Famously, even with his amazing offensive numbers, Mack Brown recruited him to play safety for the Longhorns. Thank God, because Johnny grew up a Longhorn fan and surely would have played there had he been given the opportunity.
Fast forward to the Browns. I admit, I was hoping Hoyer would lose the starting job and I would continue to get to watch Johnny be Johnny, but that hasn't happened. Hoyer has been very good, I've been quite impressed at his play, and there's no way he should be replaced by Johnny this year, and I think Johnny would say the same thing. Yes, he would say the same thing.
Johnny wants to play, yes, its what he loves and what he's best at, but above all, he wants to win, and you should not discount the positive effect that I believe he's having on the team. By no means am I suggesting he is directly responsible for 6-4, but I guarantee he is working his ass off and being the best teammate he can be, which is probably surprising to many Browns players who expected "Johnny prima Donna" or "Johnny me me me". How do I know this? Because every teammate or coach he's ever had says the same thing about him.
Sorry this has been so long, but I'll end with this. I think Johnny is gonna tear it up in rhe NFL, and I hope it's with the Browns. I could be wrong, maybe Johnny won't be as good in the NFL, maybe he's too small, too quick to take off from the pocket, and not fast enough compared to NFL speed. My money is on Johnny Football. Whether he is Johnny Clipboard the rest of this year, or something happens and he gets on the field, he will never disappoint you on the field or in the locker room.
Oh welcome- though Zombo might think it weird, but I don't. . We've had a long line of "fans" of a particular player, it's an impressive list. Had an Oregon State Alum on here for years who was Derek Anderson's #1 fan. If you want a laugh, head over to Walter Football and catch his weekly power rankings (which I totally disagree with BTW) and catch the adventures of Derek Anderson's Magic Flask. Brandon Wee-Done had a heavy swig of it the week he started for the Cowboys.
1. Snickers commercial. Who here would turn down that money? That's not about attention, that's about making money while you can. If he's the bust some of you think he is, he's doing the smart thing.
2. "Johnny might not play a down". He will play many downs, just maybe not for the Browns. If Hoyer continues his path, and the run game and defense stays strong Johnny might have to be traded. Which is weird, because a lot of you guys in here talk so much trash about him, it's like you want him to suck. If he sucks, his trade value drops, which hurts the Browns.
RE: #1, None of us peons would turn down that kind of money, but a guy by the name of Andrew Luck sure as hell has. Johnny has done a couple local commercials for a Nissan dealership, and Hoyer has done the same on a local level. But cover of Golf Digest? Give me a break.MHO is when he gets to the Aaron Rodgers level (State Farm, very funny) or Peyton Manning with Papa John's (sorry Peyton that pizza is generally pretty lousy) then you can go National.
RE: #2 No true Browns fans wants Manziel to fail. We've had a litany of qb failures. What we don't like, and have legitimately bashed Manziel for- is his glaring lack of maturity- on a lot of fronts. At least before training camp started. If you've been lurking- it's not so much Manziel bashing- but his A&M homers who think he should have been starting right off the bat, based on his COLLEGE production. I follow the college game to an extent, yup count me as an Ohio State homer- but I know enough that college production doesn't mean diddly doo in the pros. Heismans don't either- if you want me to regurgitate the Heisman QB mega-busts in the pros I can- with Gino Torretta and Eric Crouch for starters off the top of my head. I thought Dan Wilkinson was going to be the next Bruce Smith, well, wrong about that one. The Browns (who took Spurgon Winn instead) and every other NFL team thought so little of Tom Brady, they passed on him, so you never know.
And, just once in a Blue Moon, the local kid comes out of nowhere and leads his hometown team to first place in the AFCN. Damn, if they make the playoffs, there's a movie coming out of it- guaranteed.
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
Here's the difference Ag- and I hope Johnnys been paying attention to the sage advice offered by Joe Haden. If you don't want Media Coverage- there's ways to avoid it. JFF(at least previously) was sucking it up like a dry sponge. Want to avoid it- well, don't be a dumb ass posting selfies of you and Bee-ber on Instagram. Ditto the A&M pics with the cheerleaders. Don't go swilling booze on a swan in Vegas, with the cameras rolling. Got it? Hate to tell ya JFF but on the Pro level Peyton Manning has around 100 times your clout and you don't ever see HIM doing the same juvenile shit- ever.
-
Johnny football is a little boy in a mans world. He could very well be the greatest thing since nipples on titties, but I'll bet he'll be mediocre at best. Now this is MY opinion of which I'M entitled to. I think Johnny is a spoiled punk ass bitch. He will never be a relative QB, let alone a superstar in the NFL. He better make his money doing commercials because once the cat's out of the bag and he's found to be the poser that I believe he is, he will be kicked to the curb like a two dollar hooker.
-
I guess my only question for the OP is this, will you still be a Browns fan when Clipboard is traded to the Cowboys?
If not, you can't pretty much copy/paste your intro for future forum use.
-
Tour2ma, I meant to say his effort, dedication and competitiveness will never disappoint. If you're disappointed that the media and social networking like to point out every time he has a drink in the off-season, then you're just gonna be disappointed. Johnny never asked for all the attention, but he won't let fear of bad press rule his life. This fearlessness translates to the field, by the way, and makes him the great player he is.
Can I prove he has helped get the team to 6-3? I don't have to, it's fact. He's on the team, the team is 6-3. Again, please find me a teammate or coach of Johnny that has anything bad to say about him. All the negativity about him comes from people that have never spent a second with him. He is a great teammate and leader, and that can do nothing but help the Browns, where admittedly, he May never play a down of football.
Tour2ma, ...Johnny never asked for all the attention...
Can I prove he has helped get the team to 6-3? I don't have to, it's fact.
Damn, but you are funny...
Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
First, he won for his formers... so there's that...
Second, true enough that it does not appear that he has been a distraction in the locker room... but the absence of a negative does not equate to a positive, unless the bar of your expectations is very, very low...
2. Which is weird, because a lot of you guys in here talk so much trash about him, it's like you want him to suck.
... and clue the defense mechanism.
There are a very few here for which that may be true, but if your lurking started over 4 weeks ago, then you should know most JM-fans have called anyone not praising JM "haters". Don't go there and you have a chance of actually enjoying this forum.
And I forgot my manners earlier... I owe you a "Howdy"... the best of A&M's many traditions.
-
JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.
He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
-
JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.
He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
^^This.
My daughter played softball and represented the West in the Big League World Series with Davon House's (CB, GB Packers) sister, Vanessa. Even though he is from my home town, you won't find me on a Packers' forum any time soon.................... It's just really weird and creepy to me, and reminds me of the tweenie girls who cry when they see their favorite boy band in person.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login