New Browns fan from Aggieland
-
Johnny football is a little boy in a mans world. He could very well be the greatest thing since nipples on titties, but I'll bet he'll be mediocre at best. Now this is MY opinion of which I'M entitled to. I think Johnny is a spoiled punk ass bitch. He will never be a relative QB, let alone a superstar in the NFL. He better make his money doing commercials because once the cat's out of the bag and he's found to be the poser that I believe he is, he will be kicked to the curb like a two dollar hooker.
-
I guess my only question for the OP is this, will you still be a Browns fan when Clipboard is traded to the Cowboys?
If not, you can't pretty much copy/paste your intro for future forum use.
-
Tour2ma, I meant to say his effort, dedication and competitiveness will never disappoint. If you're disappointed that the media and social networking like to point out every time he has a drink in the off-season, then you're just gonna be disappointed. Johnny never asked for all the attention, but he won't let fear of bad press rule his life. This fearlessness translates to the field, by the way, and makes him the great player he is.
Can I prove he has helped get the team to 6-3? I don't have to, it's fact. He's on the team, the team is 6-3. Again, please find me a teammate or coach of Johnny that has anything bad to say about him. All the negativity about him comes from people that have never spent a second with him. He is a great teammate and leader, and that can do nothing but help the Browns, where admittedly, he May never play a down of football.
Tour2ma, ...Johnny never asked for all the attention...
Can I prove he has helped get the team to 6-3? I don't have to, it's fact.
Damn, but you are funny...
Ugh, I thought this might get taken out of context. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Johnny to be a diva, sulk because he's not playing, and be a divusive cancer in the locker room, it's not going to happen. He will be a positive force on the team. His former teammates and coaches love him and only have good things to say about him.
First, he won for his formers... so there's that...
Second, true enough that it does not appear that he has been a distraction in the locker room... but the absence of a negative does not equate to a positive, unless the bar of your expectations is very, very low...
2. Which is weird, because a lot of you guys in here talk so much trash about him, it's like you want him to suck.
... and clue the defense mechanism.
There are a very few here for which that may be true, but if your lurking started over 4 weeks ago, then you should know most JM-fans have called anyone not praising JM "haters". Don't go there and you have a chance of actually enjoying this forum.
And I forgot my manners earlier... I owe you a "Howdy"... the best of A&M's many traditions.
-
JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.
He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
-
JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.
He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.
Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.
^^This.
My daughter played softball and represented the West in the Big League World Series with Davon House's (CB, GB Packers) sister, Vanessa. Even though he is from my home town, you won't find me on a Packers' forum any time soon.................... It's just really weird and creepy to me, and reminds me of the tweenie girls who cry when they see their favorite boy band in person.
-
Warning... This might be a long post.
1. Golf Digest? Hes on the cover of golf digest? I had no idea, but that's pretty cool. He was evidently a scratch golfer in high school, so I know he can play. The kid is a special athlete, no matter if he busts at Cleveland or not.
2. Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche.. Ah yes, the Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche photo. Not one of my favorites. And the swan. But as I said before, he doesn't care what anyone thinks, on his time, he's gonna do what he wants. Did he post those pics? Pretty sure he didnt post the swan pic. The pic of him in the bathroom with the rolled-up 20 really concerned me, and I hope that's not what everyone assumed it was. I agree, I wish he was smarter about that stuff, it makes it hard for fans of him, but I truly believe he's just living his life the way he wants. He doesn't mean any harm.
3. "spoiled punk-ass bitch". Well, get in line with countless others who share your opinion. I have to say, I don't get it. "Spoiled". This adjective, to me, means that someone gets a lot of stuff they didn't work to earn. Is his family rich? Yes. Did he benefit from that? Yes. Has he been given anything in football he didn't deserve? No, he worked his ass off to become the first-round pick he became. "Punk ass bitch". This to me means someone who acts tough but is the first one to run from a fight. I'm sure you guys have heard that Johnny got arrested because his friend called someone the n-word. When Johnny tried to be peacemaker to save his drunk friend, the guy decided to fight Johnny instead. He almost lost his scholarship defending a friend. I don't think a punk ass bitch would do that.
4. Heisman busts. I know all about Cleveland's busts at qb and Heisman busts and Joe Montana and Tom Brady. Nobody knows yet. I don't know. I'll tell you why Aggies might be so adamant in our belief that Johnny won't be a bust. Going into the Bama game in 2012, "johnny's been good but Alabama's gonna kill him". Going into OU Cotton Bowl, "johnny's been partying too much... Heisman jinx...OU and Bob Stoops are gonna destroy him". Going into year 2 at A&M, "SEC teams had a year to prepare for Johnny, they are gonna kill him". Going into Bama 2013, Colin Cowherd said, "Bama is gonna win by 30, it won't even be close".
See, as much as you've heard how great Johnny is from Aggie fans, we've heard how Johnny is gonna fail over and over again. He's heard it, too. So far, the predictions of failure have all been wrong. Why would we expect this time to be different? We might be wrong, we'll see.
5. Cowboys. I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, been a Cowboy fan all my life. I would love for Johnny to play for the Cowboys, but I was torn about them drafting him because I knew he would sit behind Romo for years, and I selfishly would rather see him play for a different team than sit the bench for "my" team. I was hoping Houston would draft him, then I could root for both Texas teams but that didn't happen. Btw, Houston fans HATE the cowboys. HATE. Ironically, he's now sitting the bench for the Browns and would have probably gotten some playing time behind Romo.
If the Cowboys played the Browns in the super bowl with Johnny as qb, I would be pulling for the Browns. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but I think it really means my Aggie blood runs deeper than my Cowboy blood. If Hoyer was qb but Johnny was the backup, I'm not sure who I'd pull for.
-
Warning... This might be a long post.
1. Golf Digest? Hes on the cover of golf digest? I had no idea, but that's pretty cool. He was evidently a scratch golfer in high school, so I know he can play. The kid is a special athlete, no matter if he busts at Cleveland or not.
2. Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche.. Ah yes, the Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche photo. Not one of my favorites. And the swan. But as I said before, he doesn't care what anyone thinks, on his time, he's gonna do what he wants. Did he post those pics? Pretty sure he didnt post the swan pic. The pic of him in the bathroom with the rolled-up 20 really concerned me, and I hope that's not what everyone assumed it was. I agree, I wish he was smarter about that stuff, it makes it hard for fans of him, but I truly believe he's just living his life the way he wants. He doesn't mean any harm.
3. "spoiled punk-ass bitch". Well, get in line with countless others who share your opinion. I have to say, I don't get it. "Spoiled". This adjective, to me, means that someone gets a lot of stuff they didn't work to earn. Is his family rich? Yes. Did he benefit from that? Yes. Has he been given anything in football he didn't deserve? No, he worked his ass off to become the first-round pick he became. "Punk ass bitch". This to me means someone who acts tough but is the first one to run from a fight. I'm sure you guys have heard that Johnny got arrested because his friend called someone the n-word. When Johnny tried to be peacemaker to save his drunk friend, the guy decided to fight Johnny instead. He almost lost his scholarship defending a friend. I don't think a punk ass bitch would do that.
4. Heisman busts. I know all about Cleveland's busts at qb and Heisman busts and Joe Montana and Tom Brady. Nobody knows yet. I don't know. I'll tell you why Aggies might be so adamant in our belief that Johnny won't be a bust. Going into the Bama game in 2012, "johnny's been good but Alabama's gonna kill him". Going into OU Cotton Bowl, "johnny's been partying too much... Heisman jinx...OU and Bob Stoops are gonna destroy him". Going into year 2 at A&M, "SEC teams had a year to prepare for Johnny, they are gonna kill him". Going into Bama 2013, Colin Cowherd said, "Bama is gonna win by 30, it won't even be close".
See, as much as you've heard how great Johnny is from Aggie fans, we've heard how Johnny is gonna fail over and over again. He's heard it, too. So far, the predictions of failure have all been wrong. Why would we expect this time to be different? We might be wrong, we'll see.
5. Cowboys. I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, been a Cowboy fan all my life. I would love for Johnny to play for the Cowboys, but I was torn about them drafting him because I knew he would sit behind Romo for years, and I selfishly would rather see him play for a different team than sit the bench for "my" team. I was hoping Houston would draft him, then I could root for both Texas teams but that didn't happen. Btw, Houston fans HATE the cowboys. HATE. Ironically, he's now sitting the bench for the Browns and would have probably gotten some playing time behind Romo.
If the Cowboys played the Browns in the super bowl with Johnny as qb, I would be pulling for the Browns. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but I think it really means my Aggie blood runs deeper than my Cowboy blood. If Hoyer was qb but Johnny was the backup, I'm not sure who I'd pull for.
If the Cowboys played the Browns in the super bowl with Johnny as qb, I would be pulling for the Browns. Maybe that makes me a bad fan...
....yes, it does. Say's it all, really(Johnny fanboi)
-
Howdy, tour2ma.
-
Warning... This might be a long post.
1. Golf Digest? Hes on the cover of golf digest? I had no idea, but that's pretty cool. He was evidently a scratch golfer in high school, so I know he can play. The kid is a special athlete, no matter if he busts at Cleveland or not.
2. Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche.. Ah yes, the Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche photo. Not one of my favorites. And the swan. But as I said before, he doesn't care what anyone thinks, on his time, he's gonna do what he wants. Did he post those pics? Pretty sure he didnt post the swan pic. The pic of him in the bathroom with the rolled-up 20 really concerned me, and I hope that's not what everyone assumed it was. I agree, I wish he was smarter about that stuff, it makes it hard for fans of him, but I truly believe he's just living his life the way he wants. He doesn't mean any harm.
3. "spoiled punk-ass bitch". Well, get in line with countless others who share your opinion. I have to say, I don't get it. "Spoiled". This adjective, to me, means that someone gets a lot of stuff they didn't work to earn. Is his family rich? Yes. Did he benefit from that? Yes. Has he been given anything in football he didn't deserve? No, he worked his ass off to become the first-round pick he became. "Punk ass bitch". This to me means someone who acts tough but is the first one to run from a fight. I'm sure you guys have heard that Johnny got arrested because his friend called someone the n-word. When Johnny tried to be peacemaker to save his drunk friend, the guy decided to fight Johnny instead. He almost lost his scholarship defending a friend. I don't think a punk ass bitch would do that.
4. Heisman busts. I know all about Cleveland's busts at qb and Heisman busts and Joe Montana and Tom Brady. Nobody knows yet. I don't know. I'll tell you why Aggies might be so adamant in our belief that Johnny won't be a bust. Going into the Bama game in 2012, "johnny's been good but Alabama's gonna kill him". Going into OU Cotton Bowl, "johnny's been partying too much... Heisman jinx...OU and Bob Stoops are gonna destroy him". Going into year 2 at A&M, "SEC teams had a year to prepare for Johnny, they are gonna kill him". Going into Bama 2013, Colin Cowherd said, "Bama is gonna win by 30, it won't even be close".
See, as much as you've heard how great Johnny is from Aggie fans, we've heard how Johnny is gonna fail over and over again. He's heard it, too. So far, the predictions of failure have all been wrong. Why would we expect this time to be different? We might be wrong, we'll see.
5. Cowboys. I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, been a Cowboy fan all my life. I would love for Johnny to play for the Cowboys, but I was torn about them drafting him because I knew he would sit behind Romo for years, and I selfishly would rather see him play for a different team than sit the bench for "my" team. I was hoping Houston would draft him, then I could root for both Texas teams but that didn't happen. Btw, Houston fans HATE the cowboys. HATE. Ironically, he's now sitting the bench for the Browns and would have probably gotten some playing time behind Romo.
If the Cowboys played the Browns in the super bowl with Johnny as qb, I would be pulling for the Browns. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but I think it really means my Aggie blood runs deeper than my Cowboy blood. If Hoyer was qb but Johnny was the backup, I'm not sure who I'd pull for.
Warning... This might be a long post.
I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, been a Cowboy fan all my life.
If the Cowboys played the Browns in the super bowl with Johnny as qb, I would be pulling for the Browns. If Hoyer was qb but Johnny was the backup, I'm not sure who I'd pull for.
See could have been a lot shorter...
-
You Johnny people are just weirdos. I wish you'd guys just leave. I'm sick if seeing you all over social media and the internet.
-
Manzier,, so be it. I only brought Johnny up to explain why I'm here. You guys would make assumptions anyway, so I figured full disclosure was best.
This is a Browns board, though, and I actually am hoping for them to keep kicking ass. I won't mention Johnny in another thread unless he's relevant.
As for Ohio State, they have enjoyed success forever, had tons of superstars hit the NFL. Johnny came along when the Aggies were down and out, expected to fail miserably, and became the best player to ever wear an Aggie uniform, making A&M relevant overnight, admittedly with help from a good 2012 team and a great new coach. I watched Tannehill last night and he did ok. I'm glad he won but I don't really give a shit for the Dolphins.
I can't explain it any better than I've already tried to, but my hope is that he will get to play for the Browns someday and make the same unbelievable plays for them as he did for the Aggies. Don't let yourself get so jaded by all the Johnny Football bullshit that you can't fully appreciate him if he becomes the player he was for the Ags.
-
I see its too late for upper lip.
-
Manzier,, so be it. I only brought Johnny up to explain why I'm here. You guys would make assumptions anyway, so I figured full disclosure was best.
This is a Browns board, though, and I actually am hoping for them to keep kicking ass. I won't mention Johnny in another thread unless he's relevant.
As for Ohio State, they have enjoyed success forever, had tons of superstars hit the NFL. Johnny came along when the Aggies were down and out, expected to fail miserably, and became the best player to ever wear an Aggie uniform, making A&M relevant overnight, admittedly with help from a good 2012 team and a great new coach. I watched Tannehill last night and he did ok. I'm glad he won but I don't really give a shit for the Dolphins.
I can't explain it any better than I've already tried to, but my hope is that he will get to play for the Browns someday and make the same unbelievable plays for them as he did for the Aggies. Don't let yourself get so jaded by all the Johnny Football bullshit that you can't fully appreciate him if he becomes the player he was for the Ags.
Manzier,, so be it. I only brought Johnny up to explain why I'm here. We get "why" you're here. We just dont get excited about it or want to talk JFF anymore.
This is a Browns board, though, and I actually am hoping for them to keep kicking ass. I won't mention Johnny in another thread unless he's relevant.
Good. Because, right now, he is NOT relevant to anything going on with the Browns.
As for Ohio State, they have enjoyed success forever, had tons of superstars hit the NFL. Johnny came along when the Aggies were down and out, expected to fail miserably, and became the best player to ever wear an Aggie uniform, making A&M relevant overnight, admittedly with help from a good 2012 team and a great new coach. I watched Tannehill last night and he did ok. I'm glad he won but I don't really give a shit for the Dolphins.
Whatever. Again, this is Cleveland, so no one cares about anything "aggies". Or Texas. Or their coaches, players, games against bama, etc etc etc
I can't explain it any better than I've already tried to, but my hope is that he will get to play for the Browns someday and make the same unbelievable plays for them as he did for the Aggies. Don't let yourself get so jaded by all the Johnny Football bullshit that you can't fully appreciate him if he becomes the player he was for the Ags.
I hope he's great too. Really really great, actually. And Im not jaded(at all) about him. Not one bit. As stated TEN THOUSAND TIMES before, we are tired of TEXAS FAN BOYS telling us about how great Johnny is, but not tired of Johnny himself. It's really not that hard to figure out, is it?
-
Manzier, cool.
Thanks for all the posts. I feel like part of the gang now. I'll never have the passion most of you guys have for the Browns, but I recognize that you love your team like I love the Ags.. And I will be rooting for Cleveland. Luckily the Texan game will be on where I am, and I hope you guys put a Beatdown on their ass.
-
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
Me, I think Johnny was a victim of his own success, and the media would just not let up on the constant coverage. For whatever reason, people must have been interested in the quick little dude that beat Bama. Now, you as Cleveland fans are dealing with all that coverage, but he's not even on the field... I get how it's a pain in the ass. But I think it will be worth it. Hope I'm right.
Btw, I've always hated Pittsbuegh and Baltimore. Cincinnati, meh...
Miktoxic, I totally get it, and I'm sorry if I added to the disgust. Remember, though, what you are getting here on this board are Aggies who are still fans of Johnny. Many Aggies are not, and were tired of his "antics". Many Aggies were hoping he would leave early, sad when you're talking about the best player to ever play at your school.
You mean Yale Lary?
-
Lary was great, but he was before my time. He was a great pro, but I don't think any Aggie has ever been close to what Johnny did while at A&M.
26 games
9,987 yards
93 touchdowns
-
Lary was great, but he was before my time. He was a great pro, but I don't think any Aggie has ever been close to what Johnny did while at A&M.
26 games
9,987 yards
93 touchdowns
Lary was great, but he was before my time. He was a great pro, but I don't think any Aggie has ever been close to what Johnny did while at A&M.
26 games
9,987 yards
93 touchdowns
John David Crow? He may have accomplished as much....just in a different time. Maybe came as close in terms of wins, plus he too won the Heisman.
And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman. But he is something that JFF may never be: Enshrined about 15 miles south of me.
(but hell...sure, I hope he makes it as a member of the Browns)
Also, here is something you need to be aware of: We don't care really about what Johnny did at A&M, so don't start with any of that. We only care about what he will do for the Cleveland Browns.
-
Yes yes another Aggie fan and Johnny Football follower, exactly what you all wanted. I've been lurking for a while now, and I understand how I'll be looked at by most on this board. Before you jump to conclusions, though, hear me out while I try to explain my, and other Aggies, point of view.
Most on here probably don't know or care what an Aggie is, totally understandable. Well, we love football. We love it so much that we used to build a 60-70 foot bonfire every Fall and would light it just before we played our hated rivals, the Texas Longhorns.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonfire was built solely by students, willing to work on weekends chopping down trees, carrying them out of the woods and loading them onto trucks to be transported onto campus. Then on campus, round-the-clock work would start transporting the logs to the stack site. Guys in harnesses wired in the logs on the higher stacks, sometimes 60 feet up on the 5th tier of logs.
I had the priveledge of working on bonfire in the 80's, and I could never fully communicate the depth of that experience on me, the feeling of exhilaration after lifting and carrying a felled tree with your buddies that you never thought could be lifted, and the intense heat given off when bonfire was lit, even when standing hundreds of feet away. All this work done to represent "the burning desire to beat the hell outta" the Longhorns.
Sadly, in 1999, the bonfire stack fell while being worked on, and 12 Aggies died.
Fast forward to 2012. The Aggies are moving to the SEC, leaving behind our rivalry game with the Longhorns to battle the giants of the college football world-Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn. Many predicted the Aggies, 7-6 the year before with Ryan Tannehill, would fail resoundingly with a new qb, a new coach and a new powerful conference. Out of this negativity and onto the field then stepped Johnny Manziel.
Many down here in TX knew who Johnny was from his amazing high school exploits, where he had already earned the nickname Johnny Football, because he did everything-- quarterback, receiver, running back, punt and kick returner, kicker. Famously, even with his amazing offensive numbers, Mack Brown recruited him to play safety for the Longhorns. Thank God, because Johnny grew up a Longhorn fan and surely would have played there had he been given the opportunity.
I had never heard of Johnny until he took the field against Florida his first game ever in college and drove the Ags right down the field for a touchdown. The Ags lost that game to a very good Florida team, but Johnny would go on to have the greatest season ever as an Aggie, leading the Aggies to the best end-of-year ranking in my lifetime, fifth, and of course, winning the Heisman.
For Johnny and the team to do what they did when immense failure was predicted and expected even by Aggies made it the greatest football season of my life, so he and the team will always be dear to me. I'm psyched that Mike Evans is doing well in Tampa. Christine Michael had some great runs for Seattle last week. But Johnny is on another level. I've never seen anything like him, and I doubt I will anytime soon. I mean, he lead the sec in rushing as a qb, for God sakes.
Fast forward to the Browns. I admit, I was hoping Hoyer would lose the starting job and I would continue to get to watch Johnny be Johnny, but that hasn't happened. Hoyer has been very good, I've been quite impressed at his play, and there's no way he should be replaced by Johnny this year, and I think Johnny would say the same thing. Yes, he would say the same thing.
Johnny wants to play, yes, its what he loves and what he's best at, but above all, he wants to win, and you should not discount the positive effect that I believe he's having on the team. By no means am I suggesting he is directly responsible for 6-4, but I guarantee he is working his ass off and being the best teammate he can be, which is probably surprising to many Browns players who expected "Johnny prima Donna" or "Johnny me me me". How do I know this? Because every teammate or coach he's ever had says the same thing about him.
Sorry this has been so long, but I'll end with this. I think Johnny is gonna tear it up in rhe NFL, and I hope it's with the Browns. I could be wrong, maybe Johnny won't be as good in the NFL, maybe he's too small, too quick to take off from the pocket, and not fast enough compared to NFL speed. My money is on Johnny Football. Whether he is Johnny Clipboard the rest of this year, or something happens and he gets on the field, he will never disappoint you on the field or in the locker room.
Yes yes another Aggie fan and Johnny Football follower, exactly what you all wanted. I've been lurking for a while now, and I understand how I'll be looked at by most on this board. Before you jump to conclusions, though, hear me out while I try to explain my, and other Aggies, point of view.
Most on here probably don't know or care what an Aggie is, totally understandable. Well, we love football. We love it so much that we used to build a 60-70 foot bonfire every Fall and would light it just before we played our hated rivals, the Texas Longhorns.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonfire was built solely by students, willing to work on weekends chopping down trees, carrying them out of the woods and loading them onto trucks to be transported onto campus. Then on campus, round-the-clock work would start transporting the logs to the stack site. Guys in harnesses wired in the logs on the higher stacks, sometimes 60 feet up on the 5th tier of logs.
I had the priveledge of working on bonfire in the 80's, and I could never fully communicate the depth of that experience on me, the feeling of exhilaration after lifting and carrying a felled tree with your buddies that you never thought could be lifted, and the intense heat given off when bonfire was lit, even when standing hundreds of feet away. All this work done to represent "the burning desire to beat the hell outta" the Longhorns.
Sadly, in 1999, the bonfire stack fell while being worked on, and 12 Aggies died.
Fast forward to 2012. The Aggies are moving to the SEC, leaving behind our rivalry game with the Longhorns to battle the giants of the college football world-Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn. Many predicted the Aggies, 7-6 the year before with Ryan Tannehill, would fail resoundingly with a new qb, a new coach and a new powerful conference. Out of this negativity and onto the field then stepped Johnny Manziel.
Many down here in TX knew who Johnny was from his amazing high school exploits, where he had already earned the nickname Johnny Football, because he did everything-- quarterback, receiver, running back, punt and kick returner, kicker. Famously, even with his amazing offensive numbers, Mack Brown recruited him to play safety for the Longhorns. Thank God, because Johnny grew up a Longhorn fan and surely would have played there had he been given the opportunity.
I had never heard of Johnny until he took the field against Florida his first game ever in college and drove the Ags right down the field for a touchdown. The Ags lost that game to a very good Florida team, but Johnny would go on to have the greatest season ever as an Aggie, leading the Aggies to the best end-of-year ranking in my lifetime, fifth, and of course, winning the Heisman.
For Johnny and the team to do what they did when immense failure was predicted and expected even by Aggies made it the greatest football season of my life, so he and the team will always be dear to me. I'm psyched that Mike Evans is doing well in Tampa. Christine Michael had some great runs for Seattle last week. But Johnny is on another level. I've never seen anything like him, and I doubt I will anytime soon. I mean, he lead the sec in rushing as a qb, for God sakes.
Fast forward to the Browns. I admit, I was hoping Hoyer would lose the starting job and I would continue to get to watch Johnny be Johnny, but that hasn't happened. Hoyer has been very good, I've been quite impressed at his play, and there's no way he should be replaced by Johnny this year, and I think Johnny would say the same thing. Yes, he would say the same thing.
Johnny wants to play, yes, its what he loves and what he's best at, but above all, he wants to win, and you should not discount the positive effect that I believe he's having on the team. By no means am I suggesting he is directly responsible for 6-4, but I guarantee he is working his ass off and being the best teammate he can be, which is probably surprising to many Browns players who expected "Johnny prima Donna" or "Johnny me me me". How do I know this? Because every teammate or coach he's ever had says the same thing about him.
Sorry this has been so long, but I'll end with this. I think Johnny is gonna tear it up in rhe NFL, and I hope it's with the Browns. I could be wrong, maybe Johnny won't be as good in the NFL, maybe he's too small, too quick to take off from the pocket, and not fast enough compared to NFL speed. My money is on Johnny Football. Whether he is Johnny Clipboard the rest of this year, or something happens and he gets on the field, he will never disappoint you on the field or in the locker room.
Your a JFF fan.. got it...
-
Lary was great, but he was before my time. He was a great pro, but I don't think any Aggie has ever been close to what Johnny did while at A&M.
26 games
9,987 yards
93 touchdowns
John David Crow? He may have accomplished as much....just in a different time. Maybe came as close in terms of wins, plus he too won the Heisman.
And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman. But he is something that JFF may never be: Enshrined about 15 miles south of me.
(but hell...sure, I hope he makes it as a member of the Browns)
Also, here is something you need to be aware of: We don't care really about what Johnny did at A&M, so don't start with any of that. We only care about what he will do for the Cleveland Browns.
We only care about what he will do for the Cleveland Browns.
AND....we no longer care to speculate on what he might do, so will patiently wait to see him play before we draw conclusions.
Come back in a year or 2 and well have something to talk about....k?
-
I've not said what Johnny will do, just showing he was a "greater" Aggie than Lary. Greater than Crow, too. Crow won the Heisman with 562 rushing yards, 6 td's and 5 int's in 7 games. Awesome for his time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login