Skip to content

New Browns fan from Aggieland

The Browns Board
84 20 2.4k
  • 1. Hoyer. Hoyer's been great. Great kid, great story. I'm happy for him and Brown fans.

    2. Manziel work ethic. You are wrong, Johnny works hard. Every coach and teammate he's ever had says so. He goes to Vegas for 4 days in the offseason, and the whole world assumes all he does is party. He doesn't. Maybe his work ethic is just as good as Hoyer's, but Hoyer has a 5 or 6 year head start in the league, and that's why Hoyer won the job. It makes good sense, no arguing that. If he keeps winning, Johnny probably gets traded.

    Notice that I haven't once said Johnny should replace Hoyer, I've said the opposite. Hoyer was obviously the right choice, but not because Johnny hasn't worked hard or partied too much, but simply because it's hard to start as a rookie qb, hard to "know" an offense in 4 months.

  • Sorry... there collegiate "works hard" and then there's NFL "works hard"...

  • JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.

    He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.

    In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.

    Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.

    @manzier said:

    JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.

    He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.

    In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.

    Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.

    That's the point Ag- Maybe we're spoiled from an OSU standpoint- but I sure as hell didn't head to a 49er board to follow Donte Whitner- Cleveland product- or a Saints board to follow LeCharles Bentley when he played for the Saints. If you notice my tag line, Nick Mangold is from Dayton, and I sure as hell don't give a rat about the Jets- that is until they beat the Steelers.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Manzier, cool.

    Thanks for all the posts. I feel like part of the gang now. I'll never have the passion most of you guys have for the Browns, but I recognize that you love your team like I love the Ags.. And I will be rooting for Cleveland. Luckily the Texan game will be on where I am, and I hope you guys put a Beatdown on their ass.

    You've yet to see the passion of Browns fans. Sold out the stadium for 15 years with virtually unabated lousy football.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Not talking about "Aggieness". Talking about the best Aggie football player ever. Not saying what he'll do in the pros. Johnny was better AS AN AGGIE than anyone ever has been. In my opinion, and many others.

    I saw that Pettine said Johnny has "come a long way", but what does he know? He's probably just a Johnny fanboy, right?

    Well, arguably the best Buckeye ever was Archie Griffin- and his pro career was less than stellar. So pardon us guys who follow the pro game intently why we have our reservations about JFF. Can't fail, sure thing, can't miss. Well Ag it happens all the time. Take the A&M rose colored glasses off- if Manziel was all that- he would have been the #1 qb off the board- and he wasn't.

  • I want to ask some of you other "old farts" around here a question. Every time I read a Johnny story from college by some adoring fan, all I hear when reading is that old Shelly Fabare song from the early sixties, and it makes me want to puke. Remember? "Johnny Angel how I love you and I hope that someday you'll love me". I apologize in advance if this sticks in your head next time you read one of those idiotic posts.(if it doesn't already)

    GO BROWNS!

  • 1. Hoyer. Hoyer's been great. Great kid, great story. I'm happy for him and Brown fans.

    2. Manziel work ethic. You are wrong, Johnny works hard. Every coach and teammate he's ever had says so. He goes to Vegas for 4 days in the offseason, and the whole world assumes all he does is party. He doesn't. Maybe his work ethic is just as good as Hoyer's, but Hoyer has a 5 or 6 year head start in the league, and that's why Hoyer won the job. It makes good sense, no arguing that. If he keeps winning, Johnny probably gets traded.

    Notice that I haven't once said Johnny should replace Hoyer, I've said the opposite. Hoyer was obviously the right choice, but not because Johnny hasn't worked hard or partied too much, but simply because it's hard to start as a rookie qb, hard to "know" an offense in 4 months.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    1. Hoyer. Hoyer's been great. Great kid, great story. I'm happy for him and Brown fans.

    2. Manziel work ethic. You are wrong, Johnny works hard. Every coach and teammate he's ever had says so. He goes to Vegas for 4 days in the offseason, and the whole world assumes all he does is party. He doesn't. Maybe his work ethic is just as good as Hoyer's, but Hoyer has a 5 or 6 year head start in the league, and that's why Hoyer won the job. It makes good sense, no arguing that. If he keeps winning, Johnny probably gets traded.

    Notice that I haven't once said Johnny should replace Hoyer, I've said the opposite. Hoyer was obviously the right choice, but not because Johnny hasn't worked hard or partied too much, but simply because it's hard to start as a rookie qb, hard to "know" an offense in 4 months.

    Aggie this is for you. Enjoy

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwwIYSofgpY0&ei=lsRoVO2gOIS5yQS0iIDoCg&usg=AFQjCNHXMIlwvT5KD2A8odAjLnIE-bBplA&sig2=yRyGoC-Dap-1MmAx0sRqXA&bvm=bv.79142246,d.aWw

  • " Well, arguably the best Buckeye ever was Archie Griffin- and his pro career was less than stellar. So pardon us guys who follow the pro game intently why we have our reservations about JFF. Can't fail, sure thing, can't miss. Well Ag it happens all the time. Take the A&M rose colored glasses off- if Manziel was all that- he would have been the #1 qb off the board- and he wasn't."

    Hoorta, and others, you keep accusing me of saying things like Johnny can't miss. I'm not saying that. If you read all my posts, I actually say the opposite, that if Hoyer keeps winning, Johnny May get traded, and I would agree with the move.

    As for Johnny not being 1st off the board, that has everything to do with his size, not his productivity.

  • If the lil' fella gets traded, then so do all you fanboys............. Hmmmmm, that's a tough one to pass up.

  • Yep.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?

    Not a single Hoyer Fanboy on this forum, just a bunch of Browns fans rooting for the guys that are playing - and the fact that you don't know that, is why you're just a fan of a dude, and N O T a browns fan.

  • " When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

    This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

  • " When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

    This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    " When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

    This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

    Yeah, careful there. I get it, but today's not the day.

  • " When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

    This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    " When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

    This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

    And you would know that Ever meant it to be sarcasm because????

  • " And you would know that Ever meant it to be sarcasm because????"

    Ummm... It makes sense that it's sarcasm?

  • Hey Tex, as for myself I welcome anyone to the Cleveland Browns fold no matter how you got here. You need to understand that a lot of these guys are as blindly loyal to players from Ohio as some of Johnny's fans are to him.

    He seems like a talented and honorable young man so if and when better quarterback play will equal more wins for the Browns I hope he's everything a Browns fan or an Aggie fan could wish for.

    WSS

  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Lary was great, but he was before my time. He was a great pro, but I don't think any Aggie has ever been close to what Johnny did while at A&M.

    26 games

    9,987 yards

    93 touchdowns

    John David Crow? He may have accomplished as much....just in a different time. Maybe came as close in terms of wins, plus he too won the Heisman.

    And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman. But he is something that JFF may never be: Enshrined about 15 miles south of me.

    (but hell...sure, I hope he makes it as a member of the Browns)

    Also, here is something you need to be aware of: We don't care really about what Johnny did at A&M, so don't start with any of that. We only care about what he will do for the Cleveland Browns.

    @the-gipper said:

    And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman.

    Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

    DB, Punter and returner. And like JF, a hell of a baseball player and pretty close to the same size. It was a good comparison.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?

    Not a single Hoyer Fanboy on this forum, just a bunch of Browns fans rooting for the guys that are playing - and the fact that you don't know that, is why you're just a fan of a dude, and N O T a browns fan.

    @d-bone said:

    Not a single Hoyer Fanboy on this forum, just a bunch of Browns fans rooting for the guys that are playing - and the fact that you don't know that, is why you're just a fan of a dude, and N O T a browns fan.

    aka "gay"

  • @the-gipper said:

    And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman.

    Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

    DB, Punter and returner. And like JF, a hell of a baseball player and pretty close to the same size. It was a good comparison.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

    DB, Punter and returner. And like JF, a hell of a baseball player and pretty close to the same size. It was a good comparison.

    Oh, yea, right. I was confusing Yale Lary with Ron Yary OT.

    And it will only be a good comparison when JFF makes the HOF. I hope he does, as a Cleveland Brown.