Skip to content

Phil Taylor out for season.

The Browns Board
18 15 925
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I thought Pettine said it was nothing...oh well. Still not sure DL will be a priority in the draft given our current depth and that we'll get Armonty and Phil back next year. But maybe a big FA signing then using Phil or Rubin for trade bait? I still think Justin Houston should be one of our top FA priorities in the offseason. But Suh is also going to be out there as well as Orakpo and Hardy. All guys I can see improving our defense.

  • I thought Pettine said it was nothing...oh well. Still not sure DL will be a priority in the draft given our current depth and that we'll get Armonty and Phil back next year. But maybe a big FA signing then using Phil or Rubin for trade bait? I still think Justin Houston should be one of our top FA priorities in the offseason. But Suh is also going to be out there as well as Orakpo and Hardy. All guys I can see improving our defense.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @clevfan4life said:

    I thought Pettine said it was nothing...oh well. Still not sure DL will be a priority in the draft given our current depth and that we'll get Armonty and Phil back next year. But maybe a big FA signing then using Phil or Rubin for trade bait? I still think Justin Houston should be one of our top FA priorities in the offseason. But Suh is also going to be out there as well as Orakpo and Hardy. All guys I can see improving our defense.

    Can't count the bold coming back into pre-injury form. Look how long its taking for Geno Atkins to get back. He was also the best DT in the NFL before he got hurt.

    Houston is a dream, one I doubt would come true. Suh? No. Orakpo? No. Hardy? No.... Draft is most likely.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

  • Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

    Hahaha I heard he was a mean NT at Clemson.

  • Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

    haha agree, Watkins was a real run stopper when he played both ways in the 2nd grade.
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Damn. We should have drafted Watkins. That would have solved everything.

    Hahaha I heard he was a mean NT at Clemson.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I heard he was a mean NT

    @jcam222 said:

    Watkins was a real run stopper

    Could be prophetic. Sammy may not be a run stopper, but there's a good chance he paid for our next one 😉

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    yeah, this really sucks. taylor basically solved our run stopping prob vs. the bengals.........

    hopefully foster is out or hurt.

    this tells me DL and OL will be our first 2 picks in next year's draft UNLESS there's some beast LB sitting there when we pick.

  • yeah, this really sucks. taylor basically solved our run stopping prob vs. the bengals.........

    hopefully foster is out or hurt.

    this tells me DL and OL will be our first 2 picks in next year's draft UNLESS there's some beast LB sitting there when we pick.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah, this really sucks. taylor basically solved our run stopping prob vs. the bengals.........

    hopefully foster is out or hurt.

    this tells me DL and OL will be our first 2 picks in next year's draft UNLESS there's some beast LB sitting there when we pick.

    Hopefully Rubin and someone else steps up.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #12

    Phil made some really nice plays against CIN. Split a double team once as nice as you please...

    The play on which he reinjured the knee seemed innocent, but you could see by his reaction it was anything but...

    Heal well, big guy...

  • yeah, this really sucks. taylor basically solved our run stopping prob vs. the bengals.........

    hopefully foster is out or hurt.

    this tells me DL and OL will be our first 2 picks in next year's draft UNLESS there's some beast LB sitting there when we pick.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #13

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah, this really sucks. taylor basically solved our run stopping prob vs. the bengals.........

    hopefully foster is out or hurt.

    this tells me DL and OL will be our first 2 picks in next year's draft UNLESS there's some beast LB sitting there when we pick.

    This news really hurts. Phil stuffed everything last week, and the difference was night and day. Of all of our injuries, this one sucks the most.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We're obviously keeping Phil...I think we owe him 5m next year. No one's gonna trade for him coming off an injury. But Rubin is a FA and if Taylors return really was the reason why all of a sudden our run defense worked...that means Rubin and the other guys may not be doing what they should. I dunno, we still have Winn who I think is a coming superstar.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #15

    phil who?

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Kitchen has been decent.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Is Winn and kitchen active for tomorrow

  • Is Winn and kitchen active for tomorrow

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @lbc-mike said:

    Is Winn and kitchen active for tomorrow

    Not sure about Kitchen, but Winn is slated to start