Josh Gordon countdown over ...
-
LOL...
Well... steam is technically water vapor and you can not see water vapor. If it helps you to think of it as invisible, then by all means.
What you actually see when you think you see "steam" is a liquid water aerosol.
Fun Fact: Even ice "steams", i.e., frozen water has a vapor pressure. Water molecules actually move from solid ice to water vapor without ever being liquid water. It's a process known as sublimation.
SCIENCE! It's sublime!
-
Almost forgot why I looked in on this thread again...
Happy Josh Gordon Day, everyone
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/happy-josh-gordon-day--everyone-181001788.html
Here's Browns safety Donte Whitner with an explanation:
"[i'm] very intrigued because playing on the defensive side of the ball, you know how much one guy at the X receiver, you understand what that does to a defense,'' [Whitner] said. "You can't allow a corner to go one-on-one against [Gordon]. You have to take the extra guy out of the box. So I know our offensive line and our running backs will be happy to pull that extra guy out of the box. Even if he's not getting the football and being a decoy, you still have to respect that. So he'll be a great weapon for us."
-
100 degrees or more? I did not know that. Shall we say that it probably does steam. But one must ponder the age-old question if a dog shits in the desert and there is no one there to see the steam does it still stink?
carry on.
WSS
-
Either there is a delay, or something. Gordon still on suspended list on Browns official roster. I have seen these update pretty quickly when a move is made.
-
Petwebmd says the normal body temperature for dogs is between 101 and 102.5 F.
Still, you are not going to see it steam on a hot Summers Day. We're not counting invisible steam are we?
Zombo
Zombo said:
Still, you are not going to see it steam on a hot Summers Day. We're not counting invisible steam are we?
Zombo
either way, you'll still be able to smell the steam.
-
Lol. Gordon's thread turned into dog shit. lol. Sorry guys for starting this conversation. Made me laugh.
-
LOL...
Well... steam is technically water vapor and you can not see water vapor. If it helps you to think of it as invisible, then by all means.
What you actually see when you think you see "steam" is a liquid water aerosol.
Fun Fact: Even ice "steams", i.e., frozen water has a vapor pressure. Water molecules actually move from solid ice to water vapor without ever being liquid water. It's a process known as sublimation.
SCIENCE! It's sublime!
LOL...
Well... steam is technically water vapor and you can not see water vapor. If it helps you to think of it as invisible, then by all means.
What you actually see when you think you see "steam" is a liquid water aerosol.
Fun Fact: Even ice "steams", i.e., frozen water has a vapor pressure. Water molecules actually move from solid ice to water vapor without ever being liquid water. It's a process known as sublimation.
SCIENCE! It's sublime!
Yes ice cubes can evaporate. I knew that from science class (or Mr Wizard) what I wonder about, and don't know, is if the outside temperature can be below the freezing point of water.
WSS
-
LOL...
Well... steam is technically water vapor and you can not see water vapor. If it helps you to think of it as invisible, then by all means.
What you actually see when you think you see "steam" is a liquid water aerosol.
Fun Fact: Even ice "steams", i.e., frozen water has a vapor pressure. Water molecules actually move from solid ice to water vapor without ever being liquid water. It's a process known as sublimation.
SCIENCE! It's sublime!
Yes ice cubes can evaporate. I knew that from science class (or Mr Wizard) what I wonder about, and don't know, is if the outside temperature can be below the freezing point of water.
WSS
Yes ice cubes can evaporate. I knew that from science class (or Mr Wizard) what I wonder about, and don't know, is if the outside temperature can be below the freezing point of water.
Yes, it can be...
Have you ever seen your breath freeze on a below freezing day? No...
Sub-freezing air is not moisture free.
And your earlier dog shit question would depend upon the moisture content of the doo...
-
Trufant for Altanta is a pretty decent young CB. I can't say I'd be at all shocked if they put him out on an island against Gordon early and test not only the chemistry between himself and Hoyer, but the football speed
and route tree.
-
Yes ice cubes can evaporate. I knew that from science class (or Mr Wizard) what I wonder about, and don't know, is if the outside temperature can be below the freezing point of water.
Yes, it can be...
Have you ever seen your breath freeze on a below freezing day? No...
Sub-freezing air is not moisture free.
And your earlier dog shit question would depend upon the moisture content of the doo...
Yes, it can be...
Have you ever seen your breath freeze on a below freezing day? No...
Sub-freezing air is not moisture free.
And your earlier dog shit question would depend upon the moisture content of the doo...
I am assuming a high water content in dog shit.
PS are you asking if I can see my breath on a sub freezing day? As in 20 degrees? 15 degrees? I can't remember ever making a note but I would assume the answer is yes.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login