Skip to content

Hoyer's contract

The Browns Board
123 30 4.1k
  • As for coverages...

    I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...

    Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.

    @tour2ma said:

    As for coverages...

    I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...

    Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.

    It's called game rewind my friend.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    A ha!!! There's a jab. Good for you.

    But l think you're right. Not so much afraid, but Hoyer always seems to err on the side of the non-interception throw. Which still counts as an incompletion.

    Good call, but this was a learning curve game for us.

    We are so gonna kick your ass week 17.

    Circling it and putting hearts next to the date on my calendar.

    Yeah, not afraid just overly cautious.

    You very well might depending upon the impact of Gordon returning.

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    Yeah, not afraid just overly cautious.

    You very well might depending upon the impact of Gordon returning.

    Ah ha!

    You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?

    I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.

    Darn you.

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    Yeah, not afraid just overly cautious.

    You very well might depending upon the impact of Gordon returning.

    Ah ha!

    You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?

    I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.

    Darn you.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ah ha!

    You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?

    I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.

    Darn you.

    Hahaha. Sorry, I'll work on being a little more inflammatory.

    I think if Gordon comes back strong we have no one healthy to cover him.

    Only thing making me not piss my pants about week 17 is that it's in Baltimore.

  • I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush

    But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down

    It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.

    Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.

  • I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush

    But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down

    It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.

    Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.

    @browns149 said:

    I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush

    But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down

    It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.

    Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.

    This is pretty much my understanding of the game.

  • @tour2ma said:

    As for coverages...

    I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...

    Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.

    It's called game rewind my friend.

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    It's called game rewind my friend.

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    It's called game rewind my friend.

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

    @tour2ma said:

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    are you Ron Jawarski

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    are you Ron Jawarski

    @browns149 said:

    are you Ron Jawarski

    Ah, my cover is blown

    No, I don't think Kaperclit is the best qb ever...Lol

  • @tour2ma said:

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    If you really did this it would be quite cool. If you can square off as well as Tour there might be some serious understanding when its all said and done.

  • It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.

    Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.

    Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?

    WSS

    The Hoyer pick in today's game hit the WR in the chest then bounced off of his knee.

    I would call that one bad luck.

  • i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.

    with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.

    instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.

    CAN'T WAIT!!

    fucking dickheads.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Then educate us...

    What coverages did he have issues with?

    Which did he tear up?

    What percentage of the time did they play each?

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    Cool... 🙂

    Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.

    You're welcome.

  • i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.

    with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.

    instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.

    CAN'T WAIT!!

    fucking dickheads.

    @miktoxic said:

    i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.

    with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.

    instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.

    CAN'T WAIT!!

    fucking dickheads.

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.

    Cool... 🙂

    Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.

    You're welcome.

    @tour2ma said:

    Cool... 🙂

    Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.

    You're welcome.

    Lol yeah, thanks. 🙂

  • @miktoxic said:

    i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.

    with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.

    instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.

    CAN'T WAIT!!

    fucking dickheads.

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    That is not to be questioned.

    You got work to do and it's been a rough day.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.

    with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.

    instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.

    CAN'T WAIT!!

    fucking dickheads.

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.

    @miktoxic said:

    believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.

    Lol you're alright milk

  • afcnorthravensfan509 said:

    How much have you been drinking? Lol

    That is not to be questioned.

    You got work to do and it's been a rough day.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    That is not to be questioned.

    You got work to do and it's been a rough day.

    I feel ya. We lost to Bungles and Squeelers back to back and looked meh against the titans. Then you guys lost and Bengals won.

  • this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.

    after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?