Hoyer's contract
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
Yeah, not afraid just overly cautious.
You very well might depending upon the impact of Gordon returning.
Ah ha!
You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?
I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.
Darn you.
Ah ha!
You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?
I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.
Darn you.
Hahaha. Sorry, I'll work on being a little more inflammatory.
I think if Gordon comes back strong we have no one healthy to cover him.
Only thing making me not piss my pants about week 17 is that it's in Baltimore.
-
I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush
But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down
It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.
Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.
-
I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush
But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down
It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.
Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.
I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush
But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down
It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.
Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.
This is pretty much my understanding of the game.
-
As for coverages...
I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...
Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.
It's called game rewind my friend.
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
It's called game rewind my friend.
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
-
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
are you Ron Jawarski
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
are you Ron Jawarski
are you Ron Jawarski
Ah, my cover is blown
No, I don't think Kaperclit is the best qb ever...Lol
-
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
If you really did this it would be quite cool. If you can square off as well as Tour there might be some serious understanding when its all said and done.
-
It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.
Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?
WSS
It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.
Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?
WSS
The Hoyer pick in today's game hit the WR in the chest then bounced off of his knee.
I would call that one bad luck.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
-
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
Cool...

Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.
You're welcome.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
Cool...

Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.
You're welcome.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
I feel ya. We lost to Bungles and Squeelers back to back and looked meh against the titans. Then you guys lost and Bengals won.
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
I was lucky enough to have missed the Jags game, and refused to watch even a single play on my DVR once I heard the score........... I wasn't so lucky today.
They are a young team, with young coaches and multiple injuries / suspensions that are keeping several core starters out on both sides of the ball. They are 6-4 and right in the thick of the playoff / division race, and they get back one of their best players tomorrow morning.
From where I sit, things look pretty good.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login