Hoyer's contract
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
are you Ron Jawarski
are you Ron Jawarski
Ah, my cover is blown
No, I don't think Kaperclit is the best qb ever...Lol
-
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
If you really did this it would be quite cool. If you can square off as well as Tour there might be some serious understanding when its all said and done.
-
It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.
Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?
WSS
It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.
Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?
WSS
The Hoyer pick in today's game hit the WR in the chest then bounced off of his knee.
I would call that one bad luck.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
-
Then educate us...
What coverages did he have issues with?
Which did he tear up?
What percentage of the time did they play each?
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
Cool...

Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.
You're welcome.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
I will work something together if you want, though to expect me to have all of this off hand is asking me a lot. I enjoy unpacking film study. I'll break it down and we'll see if I'm right. I'll cite specific plays and links with clips or pictures.
Cool...

Admit it... you needed something to do during your bye week anyway.
You're welcome.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
-
i would trade hoyer right now and start manziel next week.
with the kid coming in the browns are GUARANTEED to win out and go to the super bowl. vegas would put the browns as the favorites the next day.
instead of throwing 50 times today because they couldn't run the ball we can have JF scramble 50 times.
CAN'T WAIT!!
fucking dickheads.
How much have you been drinking? Lol
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
believe it or not i just started, so watch out suckers.
-
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
How much have you been drinking? Lol
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
That is not to be questioned.
You got work to do and it's been a rough day.
I feel ya. We lost to Bungles and Squeelers back to back and looked meh against the titans. Then you guys lost and Bengals won.
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
I was lucky enough to have missed the Jags game, and refused to watch even a single play on my DVR once I heard the score........... I wasn't so lucky today.
They are a young team, with young coaches and multiple injuries / suspensions that are keeping several core starters out on both sides of the ball. They are 6-4 and right in the thick of the playoff / division race, and they get back one of their best players tomorrow morning.
From where I sit, things look pretty good.
-
this loss like the JAX loss brought us all back down to earth if nothing else.
after watching a game like this as afan, how could you ever question again the importance of having a strong OL and DL?
I was lucky enough to have missed the Jags game, and refused to watch even a single play on my DVR once I heard the score........... I wasn't so lucky today.
They are a young team, with young coaches and multiple injuries / suspensions that are keeping several core starters out on both sides of the ball. They are 6-4 and right in the thick of the playoff / division race, and they get back one of their best players tomorrow morning.
From where I sit, things look pretty good.
I was lucky enough to have missed the Jags game, and refused to watch even a single play on my DVR once I heard the score........... I wasn't so lucky today.
They are a young team, with young coaches and multiple injuries / suspensions that are keeping several core starters out on both sides of the ball. They are 6-4 and right in the thick of the playoff / division race, and they get back one of their best players tomorrow morning.
From where I sit, things look pretty good.
hey, i'm not bitching about our record. it's just too bad we play down to the supposed 'lesser' teams and play really good against the 'better' teams.
things are looking better than they have in years. imagine how good they'd be if we had REAL depth at all positions along both lines. stopping the run has been a problem all year and taylor comes back and people think he really didn't add much. he goes out again and the browns couldn't stop an old lady crossing the street.
-
This is another AFC loss
The first tie breaker in wild card standings is conference record, is it not?
Jax loss and this loss are going to hurt us.
The Browns will need to win the division for any chance at the playoffs.
-
I was lucky enough to have missed the Jags game, and refused to watch even a single play on my DVR once I heard the score........... I wasn't so lucky today.
They are a young team, with young coaches and multiple injuries / suspensions that are keeping several core starters out on both sides of the ball. They are 6-4 and right in the thick of the playoff / division race, and they get back one of their best players tomorrow morning.
From where I sit, things look pretty good.
hey, i'm not bitching about our record. it's just too bad we play down to the supposed 'lesser' teams and play really good against the 'better' teams.
things are looking better than they have in years. imagine how good they'd be if we had REAL depth at all positions along both lines. stopping the run has been a problem all year and taylor comes back and people think he really didn't add much. he goes out again and the browns couldn't stop an old lady crossing the street.
hey, i'm not bitching about our record. it's just too bad we play down to the supposed 'lesser' teams and play really good against the 'better' teams.
things are looking better than they have in years. imagine how good they'd be if we had REAL depth at all positions along both lines. stopping the run has been a problem all year and taylor comes back and people think he really didn't add much. he goes out again and the browns couldn't stop an old lady crossing the street.
Totally agree mik. We seem to match the opponent on the field, and it's maddening. Hopefully we address both lines in the draft and FA, because right now, we get bullied on both sides of the ball, and the LOS always seems to get pushed onto our side of the field.
Still, at the start of the season if you would've told me we would be 6-4 after 10 games, I would've jumped all over it!
-
It seems Brian Hoyer has also had the benefit of a lot of luck.
Maybe I'm just noticing it more but doesn't it seem to you guys the announcers are saying "that should have been picked off" pretty often? Seems like defenders are mysteriously missing or dropping the bad passes?
WSS
The Hoyer pick in today's game hit the WR in the chest then bounced off of his knee.
I would call that one bad luck.
The Hoyer pick in today's game hit the WR in the chest then bounced off of his knee.
I would call that one bad luck.
Yeah not that one, Mike. I just point out he's gotten lucky an awful lot of times with potential interceptions being dropped or missed.
WSS
-
Zombo said:
He's smart, a good leader, and inaccurate when unable to set and stride. All depends upon what we think we have in Manziel.
Amended... but might be even simpler to say "under duress".
afcnorthravensfan509 said:
He seems to play afraid...his low turnover count sort of indicates he's afraid of making certain throws because he's afraid of throwing a pick. Probably because he doesn't have elite accuracy.
If you're going to guess, just stop...
Amended... but might be even simpler to say "under duress".
That doesn't make it better for him. Duress happens.
I am down with him having this entire season to start. He has done some wonderful things. But he is going to have to improve that aspect if he wants to continue to be an NFL starter going forward.
Zombo
-
So who now believes Hoyer deserves that big contract?? Big mistake if they write him a big contract. The guy is an inconsistent, below to Average QB
So who now believes Hoyer deserves that big contract?? Big mistake if they write him a big contract.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I would offer him a fair contract, like 4 years 32 mill.
I would offer him back up money.
Ok, good, great?
Franchise QB, starter, back up?
good value, retail price, over pay?
All questions Farmer has to answer. While it's obvious BH isnt Peyton Manning, it's also obvious he's good enough to start and play for someone. So, the debate is really not how good Hoyer is, but how much are you willing to pay him?
Bottom line is that SOMEONE will pay him. It's too hard to find competent QB's in this league and lots of teams are desperate to find one. Someone will pay a lot to try him out. History has proven this over and over again. Personally, I dont think he'll stay if he needs a guarantee to start or wants top 10 type of money. The browns wont make that promise, but someone else will.
I see Farmer as a "value" guy, who's eye is on the payroll as much as the talent. It has to be a good value, with balance, or he'll pass. I think he see's Hoyer as a good value today, but not so much at "franchise QB" dollars or if he has to dump JFF to appease Hoyer.
JFF is the wildcard he's holding. And none of us have seen it yet. Wonder when he plays THAT one.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login