Interstellar
-
Perhaps. But then you can come up with all kinds of bullshit and not even attempt to justify it beyond saying 'well, even though it's impossible, it's still possible'
-
Perhaps. But then you can come up with all kinds of bullshit and not even attempt to justify it beyond saying 'well, even though it's impossible, it's still possible'
Perhaps. But then you can come up with all kinds of bullshit and not even attempt to justify it beyond saying 'well, even though it's impossible, it's still possible'
Half-way decent writers will try to justify it, that's Sci-Fi Writing 101, and the movie does attempt to do so with the whole future advanced technology slant. It's just for you not an acceptable justification.

-
Let me quote the theme song from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
"if you wonder how they eat and breathe and other science facts, repeat to yourself 'its just a show I should really just relax'"

WSS
-
I will use a paraphrase from the movie itself: It was 90% boring, 10% interesting
-
Saw it over the weekend. Watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time a week before. 2001 was better, and the book by Arthur C. Clarke is the best piece of sci-fi ever, without question.
That said, I liked how they implemented relativity, but I have no idea why the quantum gravity readings in Gargantuan allowed Murphy to get the spaceship off the earth. Just one of those Chris Nolan loopholes, I guess.
Things I didn't like:"Love is the answer." So fucking corny.
"Evolving into a 5-dimensional species." Um. Right. The beings who put the wormholes there were actually humans from the future? So the humans that existed because Murphy got them off the planet put a device back in time to allow Murphy to get them off the planet. That's some grandfather paradox shit right there. I mean, I let shit like that pass in Terminator, because I'm not watching Terminator for the story, but in a movie like Interstellar, it just doesn't fit.
-
I always prefer my Science Fiction movies to be reality.
-
I always prefer my Science Fiction movies to be reality.
I always prefer my Science Fiction movies to be reality.
This is going to sound so conceited (and it probably is), but having learned all the STEM stuff I know makes it very difficult for me to enjoy lots of movies.
For example, Cowboys and Aliens - ship of an alien species with very powerful directed energy weapons uses ancient rocket technology on their spaceship
-
How's Medical School going?
-
I always prefer my Science Fiction movies to be reality.
This is going to sound so conceited (and it probably is), but having learned all the STEM stuff I know makes it very difficult for me to enjoy lots of movies.
For example, Cowboys and Aliens - ship of an alien species with very powerful directed energy weapons uses ancient rocket technology on their spaceship
This is going to sound so conceited (and it probably is), but having learned all the STEM stuff I know makes it very difficult for me to enjoy lots of movies.
For example, Cowboys and Aliens - ship of an alien species with very powerful directed energy weapons uses ancient rocket technology on their spaceship
My kids were watching the latest execrable transformers movie and a similar thought struck me. What kind of giant transforming alien made of organic metals fires a lame ass missile?
-
How's Medical School going?
How's Medical School going?
Keeping me busy. I think I actually might be interested in rocket surgery.
-
How's Medical School going?
Keeping me busy. I think I actually might be interested in rocket surgery.
Hey is that a euphemism for Urology?Keeping me busy. I think I actually might be interested in rocket surgery.

WSS
-
After Dumb and Dumber, this is the best movie I ever saw. Thanks

-
big bang nerdism.
i'd rather watch a turd drop in the toilet than half the sci fi movies i've seen.
thank god we have intelligent people like this but i won't waste 3 hours watching them manipulate some fantastic theory.
-
Gene Roddenberry once said "Good science fiction must first be good fiction. "
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login