Breaking: BROWNS CUT BEN TATE
-
wish this decision would have been made at the end of the season. I like both West and Crowell but right now I hate that we don't have Tate on our roster. I can foresee one of the rooks shitting the bed or getting hurt. Obviously I knew we couldn't keep 3 backs indef.
wish this decision would have been made at the end of the season. I like both West and Crowell but right now I hate that we don't have Tate on our roster. I can foresee one of the rooks shitting the bed or getting hurt. Obviously I knew we couldn't keep 3 backs indef.
Glenn Winston....take it to the bank!!!
-
wish this decision would have been made at the end of the season. I like both West and Crowell but right now I hate that we don't have Tate on our roster. I can foresee one of the rooks shitting the bed or getting hurt. Obviously I knew we couldn't keep 3 backs indef.
wish this decision would have been made at the end of the season. I like both West and Crowell but right now I hate that we don't have Tate on our roster. I can foresee one of the rooks shitting the bed or getting hurt. Obviously I knew we couldn't keep 3 backs indef.
I agree except if he was a distraction, which it sounds like he was.
I was excited to see his initial commitment to the fans and city. Too bad it didn't pan out. He got totally outplayed.
-
wish this decision would have been made at the end of the season. I like both West and Crowell but right now I hate that we don't have Tate on our roster. I can foresee one of the rooks shitting the bed or getting hurt. Obviously I knew we couldn't keep 3 backs indef.
I agree except if he was a distraction, which it sounds like he was.
I was excited to see his initial commitment to the fans and city. Too bad it didn't pan out. He got totally outplayed.
I agree except if he was a distraction, which it sounds like he was.
I was excited to see his initial commitment to the fans and city. Too bad it didn't pan out. He got totally outplayed.
He got totally outplayed by two rookies (one undrafted) who didn't know the ZBS before getting here, when he had been in it for 4 years. That's the sad part.
Winston as an emergency backup, and go with Tate/Crowell.
-
Its probably because his agent kept leaking stuff to the media about his upcoming contract and who he wants off the team. Big time distractions.
Die please
Die please
Not cool... no matter the size of a PITA... not cool.
Im guessing some here are assuming that Tate was cut due to his comments.
I really doubt it.
I think he was cut simply because he sucked....plus, we have 2 other guys who can do it better.....and we needed a roster spot for JG.
Rare disagreement for us... More than just the published comments for sure, but doubt it was his overall play.
She's just gonna die in a few months or a year. Why prolong the inevitable, when you can try out a new wife NOW?
Dont be stupid! just cut chase, OFF her and move on.
AKA, Gingrich her...
Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner.
Donte is a homie...
-
Die please
Not cool... no matter the size of a PITA... not cool.
Im guessing some here are assuming that Tate was cut due to his comments.
I really doubt it.
I think he was cut simply because he sucked....plus, we have 2 other guys who can do it better.....and we needed a roster spot for JG.
Rare disagreement for us... More than just the published comments for sure, but doubt it was his overall play.
She's just gonna die in a few months or a year. Why prolong the inevitable, when you can try out a new wife NOW?
Dont be stupid! just cut chase, OFF her and move on.
AKA, Gingrich her...
Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner.
Donte is a homie...
Rare disagreement for us... More than just the published comments for sure, but doubt it was his overall play.
Funny you should just post this.....I agree, I was wrong on that one. Just listened/watched the Pettine pressy and got some good bits. I love this guy, because he is so straight forward. Here's what I took from his comments, which were mostly about the RB's.
1) Crowell is in the lead and is the "best team player" of the group. Least amount of ego, most amount of talent.
2) They do NOT plan to have a feature back. In Pettines perfect world, it will always be a 2 back rotation. Go with the hot hand. Be protected from injury. etc
3) Pettine knows most RB's need to be "the man" and want a lot of touches to get going. He said he doesn't care and that those guys wont work out on our team. Ha!
THEN, he went on to say,,,,
4) There is some concern about West and his professionalism, team mentality and off field behavior. Time will tell. Hmmm.
So, obviously Tate wanted to be the man. Said so VERY CLEARLY before coming here, then ended up as part of the 3 headed monster. I understand his frustration AND I also understand why he was let go. Just not the right back for us and not the right situation for him.
It also sounded like West comes from a similar mold. Im sure the greatest conflict, based upon coaches statements, was between West and Tate. Now, one side of the tension is gone and it's up to West to decide if he can handle sharing time with Crowell.
-
Rare disagreement for us... More than just the published comments for sure, but doubt it was his overall play.
Funny you should just post this.....I agree, I was wrong on that one. Just listened/watched the Pettine pressy and got some good bits. I love this guy, because he is so straight forward. Here's what I took from his comments, which were mostly about the RB's.
1) Crowell is in the lead and is the "best team player" of the group. Least amount of ego, most amount of talent.
2) They do NOT plan to have a feature back. In Pettines perfect world, it will always be a 2 back rotation. Go with the hot hand. Be protected from injury. etc
3) Pettine knows most RB's need to be "the man" and want a lot of touches to get going. He said he doesn't care and that those guys wont work out on our team. Ha!
THEN, he went on to say,,,,
4) There is some concern about West and his professionalism, team mentality and off field behavior. Time will tell. Hmmm.
So, obviously Tate wanted to be the man. Said so VERY CLEARLY before coming here, then ended up as part of the 3 headed monster. I understand his frustration AND I also understand why he was let go. Just not the right back for us and not the right situation for him.
It also sounded like West comes from a similar mold. Im sure the greatest conflict, based upon coaches statements, was between West and Tate. Now, one side of the tension is gone and it's up to West to decide if he can handle sharing time with Crowell.
Funny you should just post this.....I agree, I was wrong on that one. Just listened/watched the Pettine pressy and got some good bits.
Well.... I cheated. I watched his Monday presser yesterday.

That one answer about Tate's behavior where Pettine said, "Nothing I'd care to address here," or words to that effect, is what told me there was a great deal left unsaid. It sounded "H.R.-ish".
On a different note... it was also the first time I noticed Pettine reading prepared remarks in his opening.
-
Ben getting all Viked up....he looks happy(like when we first signed him).....hope to see him running on Sunday....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login