Skip to content

The Schedule Game, Round 2

The Browns Board
32 11 1.1k
  • OK, but here is more....there was ONE time that an entire division of football had all its teams have a winning record:

    1935 NFL Western Division:

    Lions 7-3-2

    Packers 8-4

    Bears 6-4-2

    Cardinals 6-4-2

    Only time it has ever happened. As noted above, 9 times has a division had teams with no losing records, but there was always at least 1 .500 team. I guess we shall see what happens here.

  • Regardless of what happens, this is the most competitive division in football right now.

    Then there's the antithesis of our division in the NFC South, where even the lowly Panthers have a chance at winning still because no one wants to win it seems.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Being the resident Ravens fan, I'll take a stab at our record -

    Who says anyone has allowed you to take up residency? You are just a guy that hasn't even yet reached the front porch. And this wasn't really supposed to be a "prediction" thread, but I guess that is what it has turned into.

    Ravens

    @ New Orleans 4-6 - Win. I know it's weird to think that the Saints with a loss will have dropped 3 in a row at home. I'm not 100% on this pick, but I'm pretty sure. Saints aren't that good on defense, one of their better receivers is gonna be out which makes it easier to focus on Graham. As long as we establish the run we will be fine, plus we've dominated every other NFC South team this year. I'll say 27-13.

    Yes, it is weird. It is even weirder that you would predict a win knowing that. The Ravens are every bit as inconsistent as the other AFCN teams.

    A probable loss.

    vs. San Diego 6-4 - I'm curious which team will show up for San Diego, the team that started 6-1 or the one that's dropped 3 straight? This one I have no idea what to expect. On paper San Diego can easily wreck us, even at home. I'll say we win a close one, like 24-21. Could easily go either way.

    Every NFL game can go either way.

    @ Miami 6-4 - Loss. We aren't the same team on the road, and Miami to me is a worse match up than NO for us. 20-17

    vs. Jacksonville 1-8 - It's at home, so win, though Jacksonville has beat us in the past and beat you guys that was in Jacksonville, being at home makes all the difference.

    @ Houston 5-5 - The Houston Watts will be a tough matchup, and we stink on the road, like Miami a much worse matchup than NO. Loss, 16-13 in a defensive slug fest.

    vs. Cleveland 6-4 - Win. A nail biter with big playoff implications, Gordon will make things interesting but our front seven will give Hoyer little time to throw and contain the run game. Flacco plays well at home, I'm gonna say 24-20.

    10-6. Not sure if that'll win the division even with beating you guys week 17. We'll see.

    @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Being the resident Ravens fan, I'll take a stab at our record -

    Who says anyone has allowed you to take up residency? You are just a guy that hasn't even yet reached the front porch. And this wasn't really supposed to be a "prediction" thread, but I guess that is what it has turned into.

    Ravens

    @ New Orleans 4-6 - Win. I know it's weird to think that the Saints with a loss will have dropped 3 in a row at home. I'm not 100% on this pick, but I'm pretty sure. Saints aren't that good on defense, one of their better receivers is gonna be out which makes it easier to focus on Graham. As long as we establish the run we will be fine, plus we've dominated every other NFC South team this year. I'll say 27-13.

    Yes, it is weird. It is even weirder that you would predict a win knowing that. The Ravens are every bit as inconsistent as the other AFCN teams.

    A probable loss.

    vs. San Diego 6-4 - I'm curious which team will show up for San Diego, the team that started 6-1 or the one that's dropped 3 straight? This one I have no idea what to expect. On paper San Diego can easily wreck us, even at home. I'll say we win a close one, like 24-21. Could easily go either way.

    Every NFL game can go either way.

    @ Miami 6-4 - Loss. We aren't the same team on the road, and Miami to me is a worse match up than NO for us. 20-17

    vs. Jacksonville 1-8 - It's at home, so win, though Jacksonville has beat us in the past and beat you guys that was in Jacksonville, being at home makes all the difference.

    @ Houston 5-5 - The Houston Watts will be a tough matchup, and we stink on the road, like Miami a much worse matchup than NO. Loss, 16-13 in a defensive slug fest.

    vs. Cleveland 6-4 - Win. A nail biter with big playoff implications, Gordon will make things interesting but our front seven will give Hoyer little time to throw and contain the run game. Flacco plays well at home, I'm gonna say 24-20.

    10-6. Not sure if that'll win the division even with beating you guys week 17. We'll see.

    I know you didn't predict ravens to lose, but there you go. And it wasn't as close as the score suggests

  • @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Being the resident Ravens fan, I'll take a stab at our record -

    Who says anyone has allowed you to take up residency? You are just a guy that hasn't even yet reached the front porch. And this wasn't really supposed to be a "prediction" thread, but I guess that is what it has turned into.

    Ravens

    @ New Orleans 4-6 - Win. I know it's weird to think that the Saints with a loss will have dropped 3 in a row at home. I'm not 100% on this pick, but I'm pretty sure. Saints aren't that good on defense, one of their better receivers is gonna be out which makes it easier to focus on Graham. As long as we establish the run we will be fine, plus we've dominated every other NFC South team this year. I'll say 27-13.

    Yes, it is weird. It is even weirder that you would predict a win knowing that. The Ravens are every bit as inconsistent as the other AFCN teams.

    A probable loss.

    vs. San Diego 6-4 - I'm curious which team will show up for San Diego, the team that started 6-1 or the one that's dropped 3 straight? This one I have no idea what to expect. On paper San Diego can easily wreck us, even at home. I'll say we win a close one, like 24-21. Could easily go either way.

    Every NFL game can go either way.

    @ Miami 6-4 - Loss. We aren't the same team on the road, and Miami to me is a worse match up than NO for us. 20-17

    vs. Jacksonville 1-8 - It's at home, so win, though Jacksonville has beat us in the past and beat you guys that was in Jacksonville, being at home makes all the difference.

    @ Houston 5-5 - The Houston Watts will be a tough matchup, and we stink on the road, like Miami a much worse matchup than NO. Loss, 16-13 in a defensive slug fest.

    vs. Cleveland 6-4 - Win. A nail biter with big playoff implications, Gordon will make things interesting but our front seven will give Hoyer little time to throw and contain the run game. Flacco plays well at home, I'm gonna say 24-20.

    10-6. Not sure if that'll win the division even with beating you guys week 17. We'll see.

    I know you didn't predict ravens to lose, but there you go. And it wasn't as close as the score suggests

    @purplepantywaste said:

    I know you didn't predict ravens to lose, but there you go. And it wasn't as close as the score suggests

    I wish the other AFCN teams would stop winning, but it isn't a huge concern considering we have a chance for 2 divisional beat downs in december.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    I know you didn't predict ravens to lose, but there you go. And it wasn't as close as the score suggests

    I wish the other AFCN teams would stop winning, but it isn't a huge concern considering we have a chance for 2 divisional beat downs in december.

    @bbedward said:

    I wish the other AFCN teams would stop winning, but it isn't a huge concern considering we have a chance for 2 divisional beat downs in december.

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

  • @bbedward said:

    I wish the other AFCN teams would stop winning, but it isn't a huge concern considering we have a chance for 2 divisional beat downs in december.

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    @purplepantywaste said:

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    We smashed the stoolers and the bungles.

    Why can't we smash the bungles again and the ratbirds?

  • @bbedward said:

    I wish the other AFCN teams would stop winning, but it isn't a huge concern considering we have a chance for 2 divisional beat downs in december.

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    @purplepantywaste said:

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    Beat u back down to the bottom of the division maybe.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    Beat u back down to the bottom of the division maybe.

    @bbedward said:

    Beat u back down to the bottom of the division maybe.

    Pretty sure that spot is reserved for the Bungels

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    You guys might win but it'll be far from a beat down

    We smashed the stoolers and the bungles.

    Why can't we smash the bungles again and the ratbirds?

    @browns149 said:

    We smashed the stoolers and the bungles.

    Why can't we smash the bungles again and the ratbirds?

    Because the Ravens don't get beat down at home very often by divisional opponents, and we're trending up. Our only weakness is the secondary which worries me against you guys but we're progressing in the right direction in that area

  • @bbedward said:

    Beat u back down to the bottom of the division maybe.

    Pretty sure that spot is reserved for the Bungels

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Pretty sure that spot is reserved for the Bungels

    Probably not with that TIE

    The bungles will have to be more behind

  • Seriously, 7-4 and we're bottom of the division? Life as a Browns fan...

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Pretty sure that spot is reserved for the Bungels

    Probably not with that TIE

    The bungles will have to be more behind

    @browns149 said:

    Probably not with that TIE

    The bungles will have to be more behind

    Probably yes with their schedule and did I mention they suck?

    Bengals are Kryptonite to the Ravens, it's very frustrating, but they aren't a good team.

  • @browns149 said:

    Probably not with that TIE

    The bungles will have to be more behind

    Probably yes with their schedule and did I mention they suck?

    Bengals are Kryptonite to the Ravens, it's very frustrating, but they aren't a good team.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Probably yes with their schedule and did I mention they suck?

    Bengals are Kryptonite to the Ravens, it's very frustrating, but they aren't a good team.

    The Bengals should just lose out (except to pittsburgh) and stop wasting everyone's time. We already know if they get a playoff spot it'll be a first round exit anyway.
  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Probably yes with their schedule and did I mention they suck?

    Bengals are Kryptonite to the Ravens, it's very frustrating, but they aren't a good team.

    The Bengals should just lose out (except to pittsburgh) and stop wasting everyone's time. We already know if they get a playoff spot it'll be a first round exit anyway.

    @bbedward said:

    The Bengals should just lose out (except to pittsburgh) and stop wasting everyone's time. We already know if they get a playoff spot it'll be a first round exit anyway.

    I think they will...

    They've flourished on the road lately, but are heading home to face PTG a week from Sunday... and that's the beginning of their end.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Probably yes with their schedule and did I mention they suck?

    Bengals are Kryptonite to the Ravens, it's very frustrating, but they aren't a good team.

    The Bengals should just lose out (except to pittsburgh) and stop wasting everyone's time. We already know if they get a playoff spot it'll be a first round exit anyway.

    @bbedward said:

    The Bengals should just lose out (except to pittsburgh) and stop wasting everyone's time. We already know if they get a playoff spot it'll be a first round exit anyway.

    Exactly. If the Ravens don't make it, i'd rather see the Browns go cuz at least then there's a chance of the AFC North winning some playoff games