Skip to content

any news on Gordon

The Browns Board
51 28 1.9k
  • I believe I saw on Twitter that he will talk to the media Wednesday, anyone hear if this happened?

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    I believe I saw on Twitter that he will talk to the media Wednesday, anyone hear if this happened?

    He has an interview on Cleveland browns team website, nothing crazy just that he wants to win and he'll do whatever is best for the team even if it's easing into 3rd down plays only (pffft yea right who are these coaches trying to kid, they know Gordon will be starting)

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    I believe I saw on Twitter that he will talk to the media Wednesday, anyone hear if this happened?

    He has an interview on Cleveland browns team website, nothing crazy just that he wants to win and he'll do whatever is best for the team even if it's easing into 3rd down plays only (pffft yea right who are these coaches trying to kid, they know Gordon will be starting)

    @bbedward said:

    He has an interview on Cleveland browns team website, nothing crazy just that he wants to win and he'll do whatever is best for the team even if it's easing into 3rd down plays only (pffft yea right who are these coaches trying to kid, they know Gordon will be starting)

    I wouldn't be surprised if he gets less action than some think. Not that the offense is a well oiled machine right now, but l've been pretty pleased with our wideout play so far, and Gordon just started practicing this month. I would see him being featured in a series or two and then be in on certain packages and situations.

  • @bbedward said:

    He has an interview on Cleveland browns team website, nothing crazy just that he wants to win and he'll do whatever is best for the team even if it's easing into 3rd down plays only (pffft yea right who are these coaches trying to kid, they know Gordon will be starting)

    I wouldn't be surprised if he gets less action than some think. Not that the offense is a well oiled machine right now, but l've been pretty pleased with our wideout play so far, and Gordon just started practicing this month. I would see him being featured in a series or two and then be in on certain packages and situations.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I wouldn't be surprised if he gets less action than some think. Not that the offense is a well oiled machine right now, but l've been pretty pleased with our wideout play so far, and Gordon just started practicing this month. I would see him being featured in a series or two and then be in on certain packages and situations.

    It's just hard to imagine he doesn't get 80%+ of the snaps given what he's capable of, but I understand why they're downplaying it.

    Our WR group has exceeded expectations, but their biggest issue has been what they're missing, big stretch #1 who can play outside - like Gordon.

    Pretty much all the guys we have are best suited for the slot, with Hawkins and Austin being good on the outside too - obviously not on Gordon's level.

  • if he's been doing any type of conditioning while he was suspended then he should come back fine. i heard chris carter say that for a wideout to come back from being out (not from injury) that it's just a matter of getting the timing down. and as an offensive player the defense is reacting to them. all the mental stuff is already there.

  • Apparently he is smoking a joint to celebrate having his suspension lifted .....

  • Josh Gordon 'very ready,' now Browns need to get him involved

    BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordon first wanted to clarify that he’s ready to roll Sunday when the Cleveland Browns play the league’s 32nd-ranked pass defense in Atlanta.

    “Very ready,” Gordon said Wednesday in his first media gaggle since April, well before his 10-game suspension became reality. “I had a long time to get ready for it.”

    Gordon then wanted to clarify he didn’t really tell ex-teammate Nate Burleson’s he would “tear up this league” upon his return.

    “Well we might have a misquote,” Gordon said to laughter. “I told him I definitely wanted to outwork everybody at my position or anybody opposing me. Just to put that effort out there in that leadership role though showing what I can do on the field, in a sense throughout the entire league.

    .

    .

    .

    “Just use me as an asset wherever is the easiest for them to do,” he said.

    Gordon remains one off-field misstep away from a one-year ban (though he's also one clean year from having his slate wiped clean, with the Commissioner's approval). That is his significant challenge, to avoid that step. His other challenge comes on the field, but that’s something he called the easy part.

    .

    .

    .

    Gordon plays a position where he is a standout. He’s been working out at the team’s facility for 10 games. He appears to be in superb shape.

    A variation on a Keyshawn Johnson-popularized phrase seems appropriate about Gordon: He’s back ... just throw him the damn ball.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/9852/josh-gordon-very-ready-now-browns-need-to-get-him-involved

  • I want to see some old school run n' shoot formations with Hoyer slinging it out to JG, Hawk, Gabe and Benji ... you cant cover all four of those fuckers.

    Z

  • I want to see some old school run n' shoot formations with Hoyer slinging it out to JG, Hawk, Gabe and Benji ... you cant cover all four of those fuckers.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I want to see some old school run n' shoot formations with Hoyer slinging it out to JG, Hawk, Gabe and Benji ... you cant cover all four of those fuckers.

    Z

    Heard Grossi on the Radio saying the only way we may be able to win is by scoring a lot of points . . . ^ could work.

  • Word around the league is that other teams are green with envy about JG. He is gonna smoke Atlanta on Sunday, and the browns are poised to weed out the competition and make the playoffs. I'll bet the whole pot on it. Get loud browns fans.

  • Word around the league is that other teams are green with envy about JG. He is gonna smoke Atlanta on Sunday, and the browns are poised to weed out the competition and make the playoffs. I'll bet the whole pot on it. Get loud browns fans.

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    Word around the league is that other teams are green with envy about JG. He is gonna smoke Atlanta on Sunday, and the browns are poised to weed out the competition and make the playoffs. I'll bet the whole pot on it. Get loud browns fans.

    Offense is going to take off with addition of Gordon and subtraction of Tate. Crowell and West are studs. Gordon and Hawk are going to be sick together. Even with the defense wounded we win big . Great Zomboni spoiler: 43-24 Browns.

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    Word around the league is that other teams are green with envy about JG. He is gonna smoke Atlanta on Sunday, and the browns are poised to weed out the competition and make the playoffs. I'll bet the whole pot on it. Get loud browns fans.

    Offense is going to take off with addition of Gordon and subtraction of Tate. Crowell and West are studs. Gordon and Hawk are going to be sick together. Even with the defense wounded we win big . Great Zomboni spoiler: 43-24 Browns.

    Zombo said:

    Offense is going to take off with addition of Gordon and subtraction of Tate. Crowell and West are studs. Girdon and Hawk are going to be sick together. Even with the defense wounded we win big . Great Zomboni spoiler: 43-24 Browns.

    43 is absurd but more possible WITH JG Back. I see a Vikings style game of 2013., Gordon with 9 for 180 and Hoyer with a game winner at the buzzer. Falcons aren't a joke, but play in a weak division. After last game I'm not confident. Defense is still limping as far as front 7 goes

  • But the defense should also benefit from this, as Gordon being back=longer drives and more points(hoprfully)

  • I want to see some old school run n' shoot formations with Hoyer slinging it out to JG, Hawk, Gabe and Benji ... you cant cover all four of those fuckers.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I want to see some old school run n' shoot formations with Hoyer slinging it out to JG, Hawk, Gabe and Benji ... you cant cover all four of those fuckers.

    Z

    That's what will be the difference between this year and last. We have other reliable receivers that will take advantage of the attention on Gordon, and with his speed and talent, Gordon will still be able to make plays too. Hoping it works right out of the gate, but I'm guessing there will be some bumps in the road.

  • But the defense should also benefit from this, as Gordon being back=longer drives and more points(hoprfully)

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    But the defense should also benefit from this, as Gordon being back=longer drives and more points(hoprfully)

    This can be the KEY to us winning games. If we can score early and score a few times, make other teams play from behind meaning they will have to throw more. Take the pressure off our front 7 and we win, bottom line.

  • I bet he gets 10 or 12 targets...hes ready.

  • He passed me up on the freeway today after practice and he was going about 110. This is the second time he passed me up on the freeway where he was absolutely zipping passed everyone. That's my news for you

  • BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordon first wanted to clarify that he’s ready to roll

    Hopefully not a joint.

  • He passed me up on the freeway today after practice and he was going about 110. This is the second time he passed me up on the freeway where he was absolutely zipping passed everyone. That's my news for you

    @upper-lip said:

    He passed me up on the freeway today after practice and he was going about 110. This is the second time he passed me up on the freeway where he was absolutely zipping passed everyone. That's my news for you

    Is this for real or are you trolling

  • @upper-lip said:

    He passed me up on the freeway today after practice and he was going about 110. This is the second time he passed me up on the freeway where he was absolutely zipping passed everyone. That's my news for you

    Is this for real or are you trolling

    @adoug319 said:

    Is this for real or are you trolling

    for real haha.. back in august after leaving one of their traning camps on I71i noticed Gordon's easily recognizable camo porsche get up close to me and that thing just whipped past everyone, maneuvering in and out of lane, he was completely out of eyesight in 10 seconds.. he was going 110-115 minimum.. just today (or yesterday i guess) i was on I71 just outside of cleveland and browns must have just gotten out of practice cause his porsche whipped past me again.. dude was ZOOMING. dude just does not care at all about laws or consequences lol

  • @adoug319 said:

    Is this for real or are you trolling

    for real haha.. back in august after leaving one of their traning camps on I71i noticed Gordon's easily recognizable camo porsche get up close to me and that thing just whipped past everyone, maneuvering in and out of lane, he was completely out of eyesight in 10 seconds.. he was going 110-115 minimum.. just today (or yesterday i guess) i was on I71 just outside of cleveland and browns must have just gotten out of practice cause his porsche whipped past me again.. dude was ZOOMING. dude just does not care at all about laws or consequences lol

    @upper-lip said:

    for real haha.. back in august after leaving one of their traning camps on I71i noticed Gordon's easily recognizable camo porsche get up close to me and that thing just whipped past everyone, maneuvering in and out of lane, he was completely out of eyesight in 10 seconds.. he was going 110-115 minimum.. just today (or yesterday i guess) i was on I71 just outside of cleveland and browns must have just gotten out of practice cause his porsche whipped past me again.. dude was ZOOMING. dude just does not care at all about laws or consequences lol

    What donyou expect from someone dumb enough to get a giant tattoo of his name and number on his back? The kid is Retarded, but I'll be wearing his jersey this Sunday, so I guess I have no right to talk shit...