Skip to content

A Quick Question for Those in the Know

The Browns Board
13 8 1.3k
  • Maybe I'm just a bit on the slow side, but is there a way to disable the autocorrects that pop up in posts? I mean, if I want to attach a witty modification of someone's name, can I not just come up with one on my own?

    Dennis

  • Not sure I even know what you are talking about????

  • Not sure I even know what you are talking about????

    @ballpeen said:

    Not sure I even know what you are talking about????

    If you type in certain things it automatically changes it to be something else like brian asshole or if you type that a player is a xxxx (vagina)it changes it or filters it...lol

  • @ballpeen said:

    Not sure I even know what you are talking about????

    If you type in certain things it automatically changes it to be something else like brian asshole or if you type that a player is a xxxx (vagina)it changes it or filters it...lol

    @gips said:

    If you type in certain things it automatically changes it to be something else like brian asshole or if you type that a player is a xxxx (vagina)it changes it or filters it...lol

    Oh....ok...I don't usually say that stuff let alone take the time to type it....now i understand.

    Thanks

  • Is there a reason the site is forcing me to log back in every time I'm at a new location? I read from home and at work, and I have to log back in just about every single time.

    This only started last week sometime.

  • Test - Brian Asshole

    Edit - HAHAHAHAHAHA so funny.

  • Is there a reason the site is forcing me to log back in every time I'm at a new location? I read from home and at work, and I have to log back in just about every single time.

    This only started last week sometime.

    @riceloft said:

    Is there a reason the site is forcing me to log back in every time I'm at a new location? I read from home and at work, and I have to log back in just about every single time.

    This only started last week sometime.

    I've heard spatterings of a few others having this problem, and I've experienced it a time or too, but I blamed it on a poor (wirless) connection.

  • Maybe I'm just a bit on the slow side, but is there a way to disable the autocorrects that pop up in posts? I mean, if I want to attach a witty modification of someone's name, can I not just come up with one on my own?

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Maybe I'm just a bit on the slow side, but is there a way to disable the autocorrects that pop up in posts? I mean, if I want to attach a witty modification of someone's name, can I not just come up with one on my own?

    Dennis

    I'm not sure I completely understand your question. As others spelled out, we occasionally have a mask for someones name, such as the token coach for the old Baltimore Ravens. And we mask harsh profanity, but as long as you aren't within those three or so words, it should be auto-changing it.

  • @dencyguy said:

    Maybe I'm just a bit on the slow side, but is there a way to disable the autocorrects that pop up in posts? I mean, if I want to attach a witty modification of someone's name, can I not just come up with one on my own?

    Dennis

    I'm not sure I completely understand your question. As others spelled out, we occasionally have a mask for someones name, such as the token coach for the old Baltimore Ravens. And we mask harsh profanity, but as long as you aren't within those three or so words, it should be auto-changing it.

    @atenears said:

    I'm not sure I completely understand your question. As others spelled out, we occasionally have a mask for someones name, such as the token coach for the old Baltimore Ravens. And we mask harsh profanity, but as long as you aren't within those three or so words, it should be auto-changing it.

    That's the thing I was asking about. I'm not crazy about the "masks" (if that's the term for them), and I was wondering if I could set my post settings to avoid them. Since I don't use harsh profanity (I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I can guess) in my posts, I don't think I'm much of a risk on that count either, but rules is rules.

    Dennis

  • Belichick, Asshole, Tomlin, Pittsburgh, Steelers, Baltimore, Ravens

    Let's see what happens...

  • There was a way around it on the old board, and many boards throughout the internet, for that matter. It involved some craftiness of certain internet type knowledge, but I won't divulge this little secret without Stan's consent. I like this board, and I want to stick around.

    Test - Asshole

    Test - xxxx

    Damn, it still masked it.

    Ok, let's try it the long way...

    Asshole

    Nope! Good work Stan!

    Ah well, anyways, the "secret" was to use html's special characters. You can use a numerical code to type out letters, numbers, and symbols.

    % ¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ® ° ± ² ³ µ ¶ ¼ ½ ¾ ÷

    There's a whole list of them at: http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/Special_Characters

    -Al

  • I want to know if that is your real leg!

    Sorry.....I digress sometimes.

  • I agree....I am pretty wise, and enjoy a fair amount of nonsense.