Skip to content

Please No Shanahanigans!

The Browns Board
27 17 1.1k
  • You said shan-anigans. I get a royalty.

  • and a interception to a double-teamed receiver would get the other team pumped and take the wind out the sails of the browns.

    i guarantee you they won't do this unless the guy is wide open.

  • I agree with getting Gordon off early. I don't think Atlanta is going to drop back safeties to help with our receivers...they're gonna make sure they stuff the run and make Gordon prove that he's back in NFL form. Bombing out to Gordon early will make Atlanta think twice about stacking the box. Getting our run game started early is so crucial on Sunday. It trumps Gordons return. We need the run to setup the deep ball.

  • i love the way you kids think......balls to the walls every comment. just like how we were going to blow houston away. lol.

  • So, erm, it's actually *Kyle* Shanahan? Not Mike.

    Anyway, yes get him the ball, no don't force it in to double coverage just to get him the ball. End arounds, crossing routes, things where he won't get double teamed by the safety/corner back.

  • In a dream I came up with the perfect play to start the game. Twist-Johnny Football comes out and throws a smoke route to Josh Gordon, and runs off to be replaced by Hoyer. They pan to him talking to Shanny while Hoyer is hurrying to the line. Here's the thing though fellas: Manziel is actually in the field of play! It's a ruse you see, he won't be covered and Manziel can catch a wide open pass, moonwalk into the endzone and finally do the cash money sign as a Brown. Talk about shenanigans!

    It's too good of a plan to fail.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    All thesudden we are deep at wr

    and running back and corner back......it's just weird, aint it?

    Exactly Chris... lot of low-risk, quick-pass opportunities to get Gordo an easy catch and an opportunity for YAC just made for a big, strong, fast WR.

    @mudfly said:

    and running back and corner back......it's just weird, aint it?

    Especially weird juxtaposed with our D-line situation...

    @clevfan4life said:

    I agree with getting Gordon off early.

    Ummmm... care to rephrase that?

  • If they do throw deep to Gordon early, I hope its not one of hoyers heaving of a dead duck attempts. I love the guy, but his deep throws can be scary

  • If they do throw deep to Gordon early, I hope its not one of hoyers heaving of a dead duck attempts. I love the guy, but his deep throws can be scary

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    If they do throw deep to Gordon early, I hope its not one of hoyers heaving of a dead duck attempts. I love the guy, but his deep throws can be scary

    Like Tour suggests, let Gordon get the YAC for those "big plays".

  • I am still somewhat debating about picking Hawkins up for this weeks fantasy, but then there is also Gabriel & Benjamin. One or more of these water bugs is/are going to be wide open at times this week.

    I also agree with hitting Gordon short & relying on his YAC.

    It will be a fun game to watch.

    Mike