Skip to content

Brian Hoyer Last 6 games

The Browns Board
114 33 2.8k
  • I'm happy. Today all but assured Hoyer won't be on the Browns next year. No way in hell.

    Josh Gordons body language with Hoyer looked worse then Lebron with Waiters. I've never seen a WR more confused shaking his head at a QB.

    Only problem is the Browns waste another week preparing for the future. Going to ruin next year and possibly many years after that, chasing a pipe dream with a QB that has no business in the game.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Josh Gordons body language with Hoyer looked worse then Lebron with Waiters.

    DERRRRR
  • Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.


    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    Browns record with hoyer starting this year: 7-4.

    Still in the hunt for playoffs.

    Defended.

  • stockton is an opportunistic dumbfook. He's stinkin this place up with the Hoyer hate.

    As much as Hoyer has been making some bad throws, and bad decisions, his experience upside

    is a huge plus,

    and in the clutch, he was excellent, and they still won. That's after his last two int's

    nearly lost the game.

    Stockon - the Browns know what they're doing, and you don't. The Browns won't be perfect,

    but I love the fierceness that they are playing with. You are boring as hell.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    Browns record with hoyer starting this year: 7-4.

    Still in the hunt for playoffs.

    Defended.

    @usfbrown said:

    Browns record despite having to play with hoyer starting this year: 7-4.

    Still in the hunt for playoffs.

    Defended.

    Fix it for you.

  • Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.


    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    I'll play your game since I clicked on this thread knowing you started it........ Who would you blame more for the loss if Cundiff would've shanked the kick - Brian for his play, or shanahan for his play calling and abandoning the run.......... Think before you reply, as I'm gonna be grading your football knowledge based on your answer.

  • Does anyone still think Hoyer is a Franchise QB? Anyone? Anyone thing hes the starter next year? Anyone?

    Remember this year started with Hoyer Fans saying "I think he's the next Kurt Warner" and now its "Well sure he threw 3 picks and we only had time to win the game because Atlanta for no reason called a timeout with 50 seconds left, but he's still 7-4 right!"

    Hes 52% 4TD and 7INT with a 70 rating in the last 6 games.

    "Lets see how he does with Gordon in there!" Well....worse....he did worse...against the statistically worst pass defense the NFL has seen in the last 6 years. Thats right Atlanta, the worst pass defense statistically in 6 years, dead last this year....Hoyer throws 3 picks and tries to give them the game.


    And you people defend him?


    History will be kind to me on this. You're all starting to look stupid and you know it. I'm sure it hurts.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

  • Does anyone still think Hoyer is a Franchise QB? Anyone? Anyone thing hes the starter next year? Anyone?

    Remember this year started with Hoyer Fans saying "I think he's the next Kurt Warner" and now its "Well sure he threw 3 picks and we only had time to win the game because Atlanta for no reason called a timeout with 50 seconds left, but he's still 7-4 right!"

    Hes 52% 4TD and 7INT with a 70 rating in the last 6 games.

    "Lets see how he does with Gordon in there!" Well....worse....he did worse...against the statistically worst pass defense the NFL has seen in the last 6 years. Thats right Atlanta, the worst pass defense statistically in 6 years, dead last this year....Hoyer throws 3 picks and tries to give them the game.


    And you people defend him?


    History will be kind to me on this. You're all starting to look stupid and you know it. I'm sure it hurts.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Does anyone still think Hoyer is a Franchise QB? Anyone? Anyone thing hes the starter next year? Anyone?

    Remember this year started with Hoyer Fans saying "I think he's the next Kurt Warner" and now its "Well sure he threw 3 picks and we only had time to win the game because Atlanta for no reason called a timeout with 50 seconds left, but he's still 7-4 right!"

    Hes 52% 4TD and 7INT with a 70 rating in the last 6 games.

    "Lets see how he does with Gordon in there!" Well....worse....he did worse...against the statistically worst pass defense the NFL has seen in the last 6 years. Thats right Atlanta, the worst pass defense statistically in 6 years, dead last this year....Hoyer throws 3 picks and tries to give them the game.

    And you people defend him?

    History will be kind to me on this. You're all starting to look stupid and you know it. I'm sure it hurts.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

    There it is again! How many more times will we see it this thread?

    He's so proud of that quote (after running it through spell check) that he has to keep saying it, I love it.

  • We went to 7-4

    Your still a douche.

    However, i understand you want JM to play...he will eventually..why rush him in? He can learn and grow on the sideline

  • Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.


    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    4/5 for 61 yards setting up a game winning FG... beyond that I will yield any defense to Coach Pettine.

    For the first time this season BH made multiple errors of commission in a single game. Had you paced your case you might have been able to capitalize upon his poorest game of the year. But you did not... so you have nowhere to go... except possibly out the Browns Board door.

    I'm not all that fond of Champagne and I refuse to take you seriously any longer.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    4/5 for 61 yards setting up a game winning FG... beyond that I will yield any defense to Coach Pettine.

    For the first time this season BH made multiple errors of commission in a single game. Had you paced your case you might have been able to capitalize upon his poorest game of the year. But you did not... so you have nowhere to go... except possibly out the Browns Board door.

    I'm not all that fond of Champagne and I refuse to take you seriously any longer.

    @tour2ma said:

    4/5 for 61 yards setting up a game winning FG... beyond that I will yield any defense to Coach Pettine.

    For the first time this season BH made multiple errors of commission in a single game. Had you paced your case you might have been able to capitalize upon his poorest game of the year. But you did not... so you have nowhere to go... except possibly out the Browns Board door.

    I'm not all that fond of Champagne and I refuse to take you seriously any longer.

    Not the first time. Not the first time at all.

    Why is it everytime he has a bad game its "Well he had 1 bad game...." He's had many bad games....in the last 6 hes 52% for 4TDs and 7INTs and he struggled today against the worst pass defense in the NFL and WITH Josh Gordon and a run game, which to all of you was the reasoning behind his struggles in the first place.

    You can't defend his performance today. Zero defense.

  • Still waiting

  • Does anyone still think Hoyer is a Franchise QB? Anyone? Anyone thing hes the starter next year? Anyone?

    Remember this year started with Hoyer Fans saying "I think he's the next Kurt Warner" and now its "Well sure he threw 3 picks and we only had time to win the game because Atlanta for no reason called a timeout with 50 seconds left, but he's still 7-4 right!"

    Hes 52% 4TD and 7INT with a 70 rating in the last 6 games.

    "Lets see how he does with Gordon in there!" Well....worse....he did worse...against the statistically worst pass defense the NFL has seen in the last 6 years. Thats right Atlanta, the worst pass defense statistically in 6 years, dead last this year....Hoyer throws 3 picks and tries to give them the game.


    And you people defend him?


    History will be kind to me on this. You're all starting to look stupid and you know it. I'm sure it hurts.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    You're all starting to look stupid and you know it.

    HAHAHA from the guy who won't shut up about the same guy. Won't eve discuss anything else, and spends all this time on a browns fan board when he isn't even a browns fan, he just hates their starting qb.

    We sound stupid?

  • Hoyer didn't play well today and he made the JM part of the fan base get a little louder. He needs to step it up. If the man is trying to convince the FO to pay him, that kind of play and those kind of numbers are not the way to do it

  • I hate to agree with the OP to a certain degree.

    Were it not for the stupidity of the Atlanta Falcon's coaching staff, this game is over and we lose by 1. For some inexplicable reason they called a timeout and didn't run the ball to chew the clock a little more..

    Brian has thrown 6 interceptions versus only 3 TD's over the past 4 games now...

    We have all agreed that Brian Hoyer's biggest attributes was that he was cool under pressure(still true!) AND he didn't lose games..

    Brian lost this game for us and only because of the stupidity of the Falcon's coaching staff was Hoyer given the chance to redeem himself, and thank God he did.

    THAT BEING SAID.. To the OP, what to you suggest we do? Do you honestly think that Johnny Manziel is going to be better at this point in the season? Pettine will never take that chance unless Hoyer completely tanks, which is not likely. Hoyer is a fighter and a scrapper. He tries harder than any QB in the league.

    But I hate to say it, but Hoyer will not be a Brown next year... He will be traded and we will start Manziel next year..Hoyer will be a good QB for someone next year, just not as a Brown.

    It pains me, but we spent a lot of money and time grooming Johnny Football and Hoyer is not our long term QB.

    BobPOUND!

  • Brian Hoyer is the 31st rated QB out of 32 in the NFL over the last 6 weeks, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in the NFL over that time.


    4 TD and 7 INT in the last 6 games. Let that sink in for awhile.

  • I hate to agree with the OP to a certain degree.

    Were it not for the stupidity of the Atlanta Falcon's coaching staff, this game is over and we lose by 1. For some inexplicable reason they called a timeout and didn't run the ball to chew the clock a little more..

    Brian has thrown 6 interceptions versus only 3 TD's over the past 4 games now...

    We have all agreed that Brian Hoyer's biggest attributes was that he was cool under pressure(still true!) AND he didn't lose games..

    Brian lost this game for us and only because of the stupidity of the Falcon's coaching staff was Hoyer given the chance to redeem himself, and thank God he did.

    THAT BEING SAID.. To the OP, what to you suggest we do? Do you honestly think that Johnny Manziel is going to be better at this point in the season? Pettine will never take that chance unless Hoyer completely tanks, which is not likely. Hoyer is a fighter and a scrapper. He tries harder than any QB in the league.

    But I hate to say it, but Hoyer will not be a Brown next year... He will be traded and we will start Manziel next year..Hoyer will be a good QB for someone next year, just not as a Brown.

    It pains me, but we spent a lot of money and time grooming Johnny Football and Hoyer is not our long term QB.

    BobPOUND!

    @bobpound said:

    I hate to agree with the OP to a certain degree.

    Were it not for the stupidity of the Atlanta Falcon's coaching staff, this game is over and we lose by 1. For some inexplicable reason they called a timeout and didn't run the ball to chew the clock a little more..

    Brian has thrown 6 interceptions versus only 3 TD's over the past 4 games now...

    We have all agreed that Brian Hoyer's biggest attributes was that he was cool under pressure(still true!) AND he didn't lose games..

    Brian lost this game for us and only because of the stupidity of the Falcon's coaching staff was Hoyer given the chance to redeem himself, and thank God he did.

    THAT BEING SAID.. To the OP, what to you suggest we do? Do you honestly think that Johnny Manziel is going to be better at this point in the season? Pettine will never take that chance unless Hoyer completely tanks, which is not likely. Hoyer is a fighter and a scrapper. He tries harder than any QB in the league.

    But I hate to say it, but Hoyer will not be a Brown next year... He will be traded and we will start Manziel next year..Hoyer will be a good QB for someone next year, just not as a Brown.

    It pains me, but we spent a lot of money and time grooming Johnny Football and Hoyer is not our long term QB.

    BobPOUND!

    Hoyer won't be traded next year, he will be a free agent at season's end.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Defend Hoyer

    I dare anyone to defend Hoyer after today.

    Miller High Life in a Champagne League

    I'll play your game since I clicked on this thread knowing you started it........ Who would you blame more for the loss if Cundiff would've shanked the kick - Brian for his play, or shanahan for his play calling and abandoning the run.......... Think before you reply, as I'm gonna be grading your football knowledge based on your answer.

    @d-bone said:

    I'll play your game since I clicked on this thread knowing you started it........ Who would you blame more for the loss if Cundiff would've shanked the kick - Brian for his play, or shanahan for his play calling and abandoning the run.......... Think before you reply, as I'm gonna be grading your football knowledge based on your answer.

    waiting...................

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll play your game since I clicked on this thread knowing you started it........ Who would you blame more for the loss if Cundiff would've shanked the kick - Brian for his play, or shanahan for his play calling and abandoning the run.......... Think before you reply, as I'm gonna be grading your football knowledge based on your answer.

    waiting...................

    @d-bone said:

    waiting...................

    He has no football knowledge, so don't expect an answer.

  • Brian Hoyer is the 31st rated QB out of 32 in the NFL over the last 6 weeks, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in the NFL over that time.


    4 TD and 7 INT in the last 6 games. Let that sink in for awhile.

    @stocktonshorts said:

    Brian Hoyer is the 31st rated QB out of 32 in the NFL over the last 6 weeks, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in the NFL over that time.

    4 TD and 7 INT in the last 6 games. Let that sink in for awhile.

    Playing against the easiest pass defenses with cast off receivers, UDFA and an Oline that has a limp from time to time.

    What's your point in all of this? To convert us 'unpure' fans to the legion of Johnny? Maybe somehow our collective cry will be heard by Pettine to start the rookie?

    Your shtick, which don't kid yourself - is just that, is beyond tiresome. How can you have enough time in your life to consistently come up with these threads and posts?

    You bitch when the team has a winning record. No, I'm not excited about Hoyer's play of late. But for right now he's the best we have so long Cleveland still has a very real playoff shot.

    Go get yourself some vagina, or dick if that's your thing and enjoy the first meaningful ball being played this late in the season in almost 8 years. God damn, son.

  • @stocktonshorts said:

    Brian Hoyer is the 31st rated QB out of 32 in the NFL over the last 6 weeks, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in the NFL over that time.

    4 TD and 7 INT in the last 6 games. Let that sink in for awhile.

    Playing against the easiest pass defenses with cast off receivers, UDFA and an Oline that has a limp from time to time.

    What's your point in all of this? To convert us 'unpure' fans to the legion of Johnny? Maybe somehow our collective cry will be heard by Pettine to start the rookie?

    Your shtick, which don't kid yourself - is just that, is beyond tiresome. How can you have enough time in your life to consistently come up with these threads and posts?

    You bitch when the team has a winning record. No, I'm not excited about Hoyer's play of late. But for right now he's the best we have so long Cleveland still has a very real playoff shot.

    Go get yourself some vagina, or dick if that's your thing and enjoy the first meaningful ball being played this late in the season in almost 8 years. God damn, son.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Playing against the easiest pass defenses with cast off receivers, UDFA and an Oline that has a limp from time to time.

    What's your point in all of this? To convert us 'unpure' fans to the legion of Johnny? Maybe somehow our collective cry will be heard by Pettine to start the rookie?

    Your shtick, which don't kid yourself - is just that, is beyond tiresome. How can you have enough time in your life to consistently come up with these threads and posts?

    You bitch when the team has a winning record. No, I'm not excited about Hoyer's play of late. But for right now he's the best we have so long Cleveland still has a very real playoff shot.

    Go get yourself some vagina, or dick if that's your thing and enjoy the first meaningful ball being played this late in the season in almost 8 years. God damn, son.

    Are you sure about that? Hoyer is the 2nd worst QB in the league the past 6 weeks. So theres only 1 spot down and whole bunch up if someone else played. Do you honestly think nobody else could be 52% 4TDs and 7INTS over the last 6 games?