Skip to content

Fred Taylor Released

The Browns Board
26 16 1.8k
  • I disagree with just about everything you said. Strange how that happens

  • I disagree with just about everything you said. Strange how that happens

    Chickenwang said:

    I disagree with just about everything you said.

    you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

    😒

  • I don't think Jamal is done yet. Let's see what happens with a healthy O-line & better schemes. We have bigger priorities & bringing Taylor in is not one of them. I'd be looking for a bargain backup QB before I would be looking to oust Jamal just yet.

    Mike

  • You guys kill me. Why would you want another on the back end of their career other team cast off? Isn't Willie McGinest enough?

    @snatch98 said:

    You guys kill me. Why would you want another on the back end of their career other team cast off? Isn't Willie McGinest enough?

    AMEN.............................................Why do you think he was released? He had the worst year of his career and was hurt most of it. I'm all for FA, but they need to be servicable veterans with something left in the tank.

    Enough with the over-the-hill retreads.

  • @snatch98 said:

    You guys kill me. Why would you want another on the back end of their career other team cast off? Isn't Willie McGinest enough?

    AMEN.............................................Why do you think he was released? He had the worst year of his career and was hurt most of it. I'm all for FA, but they need to be servicable veterans with something left in the tank.

    Enough with the over-the-hill retreads.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    AMEN.............................................Why do you think he was released? He had the worst year of his career and was hurt most of it. I'm all for FA, but they need to be servicable veterans with something left in the tank.

    Enough with the over-the-hill retreads.

    We'll keep Jamal and he'll bounce back this year. We have much better minds in charge now. I equate last year to a D2 college staff trying to run a NFL franchise. I'm thinking we'll see a lot of improvements this year.

  • @ithika said:

    Fred has way too many miles and we've already got Lewis who is in the same boat. Drayton Florence however would be a great fit for a nickel corner in our defense, he's tall, strong and a pretty good man coverage guy.

    On the running back front we really need to draft Greene, McCoy or Jennings in rounds 2 through 4 to fill our need at RB. The role I'd like to see Lewis in is a situational back thats used in sort yardage situations, even though I'm not sure that garners his price tag for this season.

    Most have McCoy going round 1.

    @snatch98 said:

    Most have McCoy going round 1.

    Nope! Most have McCoy going early round 2. With Wells going Mid round 1 and Moreno going late round 1. Unless McCoy puts up some crazy numbers at the combine he'll stay right at the top of round 2 where the Browns will be to select either him or Greene.