Skip to content

Kruger had another really good game...

The Browns Board
29 14 1.1k
  • How has Dumervil been doing this year for the Ravens btw? I dont' follow them but I haven't really seen much about Suggs and Dumer in any of the news or sportstalk. I don't remember either of them making much noise in our first game either.

    @clevfan4life said:

    How has Dumervil been doing this year for the Ravens btw? I dont' follow them but I haven't really seen much about Suggs and Dumer in any of the news or sportstalk. I don't remember either of them making much noise in our first game either.

    Slow start but up to 12.5 sacks already.

    Funny stat...we're undefeated when he was 1.5 or more sacks. When he has 1 or zero sacks we lose lol.

    I loved Kruger, was sad to see him go, but he's just not worth that money imo, not for what he needed which was a full time pass rushing specialist opposite Suggs. Kruger honestly does more for the Browns that we'd ever ask/want him to, which isn't really a knock on him, just how things worked out.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    How has Dumervil been doing this year for the Ravens btw? I dont' follow them but I haven't really seen much about Suggs and Dumer in any of the news or sportstalk. I don't remember either of them making much noise in our first game either.

    Slow start but up to 12.5 sacks already.

    Funny stat...we're undefeated when he was 1.5 or more sacks. When he has 1 or zero sacks we lose lol.

    I loved Kruger, was sad to see him go, but he's just not worth that money imo, not for what he needed which was a full time pass rushing specialist opposite Suggs. Kruger honestly does more for the Browns that we'd ever ask/want him to, which isn't really a knock on him, just how things worked out.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Slow start but up to 12.5 sacks already.

    Funny stat...we're undefeated when he was 1.5 or more sacks. When he has 1 or zero sacks we lose lol.

    I loved Kruger, was sad to see him go, but he's just not worth that money imo, not for what he needed which was a full time pass rushing specialist opposite Suggs. Kruger honestly does more for the Browns that we'd ever ask/want him to, which isn't really a knock on him, just how things worked out.

    Personally I think if they put 10 or so pounds on Kruger and made him a 4-3 DE he'd be competing for the sack crown every year.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Slow start but up to 12.5 sacks already.

    Funny stat...we're undefeated when he was 1.5 or more sacks. When he has 1 or zero sacks we lose lol.

    I loved Kruger, was sad to see him go, but he's just not worth that money imo, not for what he needed which was a full time pass rushing specialist opposite Suggs. Kruger honestly does more for the Browns that we'd ever ask/want him to, which isn't really a knock on him, just how things worked out.

    Personally I think if they put 10 or so pounds on Kruger and made him a 4-3 DE he'd be competing for the sack crown every year.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Personally I think if they put 10 or so pounds on Kruger and made him a 4-3 DE he'd be competing for the sack crown every year.

    We tried that I believe but he lost the speed to help on the edge containing the run thus we made him trim the extra weight again.

    Kruger is probably a more complete player sort of like Suggs, though not on the same level. Doom is the superior pass rusher though, which is all we cared about.

  • According to ESPN,

    Kruger has more combined tackles then Dumerville, granted Dumerville has more sacks.

    Kruger also has more pass defended then Dumerville.

    Kruger also has more tackles for loss.

    On another note, Clevfan4life, mentioned the Browns Oline didn't like playing against him.

    Well I would say the Browns had fun playing against him, even though they lost, because Dumerville did not record one stat against the Browns.

  • Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

  • According to ESPN,

    Kruger has more combined tackles then Dumerville, granted Dumerville has more sacks.

    Kruger also has more pass defended then Dumerville.

    Kruger also has more tackles for loss.

    On another note, Clevfan4life, mentioned the Browns Oline didn't like playing against him.

    Well I would say the Browns had fun playing against him, even though they lost, because Dumerville did not record one stat against the Browns.

    @columbusking said:

    According to ESPN,

    Kruger has more combined tackles then Dumerville, granted Dumerville has more sacks.

    Kruger also has more pass defended then Dumerville.

    Kruger also has more tackles for loss.

    On another note, Clevfan4life, mentioned the Browns Oline didn't like playing against him.

    Well I would say the Browns had fun playing against him, even though they lost, because Dumerville did not record one stat against the Browns.

    now I was referring to when Kruger played for Blt...our o line said Kruger gave them all kinds, was glad we got him.

  • According to ESPN,

    Kruger has more combined tackles then Dumerville, granted Dumerville has more sacks.

    Kruger also has more pass defended then Dumerville.

    Kruger also has more tackles for loss.

    On another note, Clevfan4life, mentioned the Browns Oline didn't like playing against him.

    Well I would say the Browns had fun playing against him, even though they lost, because Dumerville did not record one stat against the Browns.

    @columbusking said:

    According to ESPN,

    Kruger has more combined tackles then Dumerville, granted Dumerville has more sacks.

    Kruger also has more pass defended then Dumerville.

    Kruger also has more tackles for loss.

    On another note, Clevfan4life, mentioned the Browns Oline didn't like playing against him.

    Well I would say the Browns had fun playing against him, even though they lost, because Dumerville did not record one stat against the Browns.

    Yes doom had a slow start to the year. And if Kruger didn't have more tackles and pass defenses I'd be worried cause all doom is for us is a pass rusher
  • I always liked Kruger and I'm glad to see he's stepping up.

    WSS

  • Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    @manzier said:

    Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    I'd like to see TFL and QB pressures/hits in that as well.

  • Haden - 2 INTs

    Skrine - 4 INTs

    => Skrine's the better corner?

    Statistics can show anything.

  • @manzier said:

    Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    I'd like to see TFL and QB pressures/hits in that as well.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd like to see TFL and QB pressures/hits in that as well.

    I found the TFL's......Mack=12 - Dansby=9 - Kruger=8 - Kirksey=3

    Also, Mack has WAY more solo tackles, while Kirkesy is heavy on assists.

    Stats withstanding, I dont think there is ANY doubt that Mack is a better LB than Kirksey.

    Though, using the same stat, I would accept that the Browns got GREAT value for a 3rd round pick.

  • Also don't forget that Mack plays 4-3 OLB...which was not what I thought he was going to be used as in the NFL. I don't think anybody did. If a 4-3 team took him it would have been as the Mike or converted to DE...or in a 3-4 he'd be the hybrid OLB and maybe, as I wished the Browns would have done, converted to 3-4 ILB. You've got to a fast mofo to play 4-3 OLB in the NFL and for a kid that fucking big and strong...wow. For him to have more solo tackles than Kirksey is ridiculous and have as many TFL's as Dansby and Kirksey combined? FFS. And seeing Kruger having almost as many TFL's as Dansby is also a joke given that Kruger's job "should" be funneling the runs inside so that the ILB's can make those plays. Something isn't working right with our 3-4, I wish more of you would see/understand that.

  • Haden - 2 INTs

    Skrine - 4 INTs

    => Skrine's the better corner?

    Statistics can show anything.

    @gftchris said:

    Haden - 2 INTs

    Skrine - 4 INTs

    => Skrine's the better corner?

    Statistics can show anything.

    Not that he's better but I feel like buster is doing an outstanding job this season. A year or so ago everyone was mf'ng him constantly.

  • @gftchris said:

    Haden - 2 INTs

    Skrine - 4 INTs

    => Skrine's the better corner?

    Statistics can show anything.

    Not that he's better but I feel like buster is doing an outstanding job this season. A year or so ago everyone was mf'ng him constantly.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Not that he's better but I feel like buster is doing an outstanding job this season. A year or so ago everyone was mf'ng him constantly.

    Oh absolutely, I love his progress - I feel like he's beginning to be able to lock down the #2 receivers under 6'1"

    But the point is, comparing tackles/sacks to show who's better is meaningless.

  • Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    @manzier said:

    Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    Haha. This could be the most misleading stat of all time. And you could have had Mack! Or Watkins! Enjoy that extra 1st rounder next year so you can get another Justin Gilbert or Kiki Mingo or JFF to warm the bench while you start UDFAs.
  • @manzier said:

    Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    Haha. This could be the most misleading stat of all time. And you could have had Mack! Or Watkins! Enjoy that extra 1st rounder next year so you can get another Justin Gilbert or Kiki Mingo or JFF to warm the bench while you start UDFAs.

    @script-ohio said:

    Haha. This could be the most misleading stat of all time. And you could have had Mack! Or Watkins! Enjoy that extra 1st rounder next year so you can get another Justin Gilbert or Kiki Mingo or JFF to warm the bench while you start UDFAs.

    Ha! And you could have had Beckham! And the ability to add a high profile talent next year! Enjoy not having a first while you keep starting the village drunk.

  • @manzier said:

    Heres an interesting stat:

    Khalil Mack 59 tackles 1 sack

    C. Kirksey 55 tackle 2 sacks

    Haha. This could be the most misleading stat of all time. And you could have had Mack! Or Watkins! Enjoy that extra 1st rounder next year so you can get another Justin Gilbert or Kiki Mingo or JFF to warm the bench while you start UDFAs.

    @script-ohio said:

    Haha. ......... you could have had Mack!...... Or Watkins!....... Enjoy that extra 1st rounder next year ........

    The idea that either one of those guys is worth 2 first round picks is completely laughable......

    Go buy a Cadillac and then pay Lamborghini $ for it.....then keep telling us what nice cars Caddys are.....

    Happy that you enjoy paying double for your players. PLEASE call us next year too, cause we like your style 😉