Week 13: @ Bills
-
Buffalo just annihilated the football Jets. Is their defense THAT good or are the Jets THAT bad?
I think it's a little of both. Browns have a better offense and the defense is playing lights out when you account for the injuries to several major players.
If the Browns limit mistakes and Hoyer doesn't throw an interception than I like the Browns to win. And if it snows I like our running backs better. Granted the Jets were supposed to be tough against the run and Boobie Dixon and Fred Jackson ran all over them.
We win if they feed the Crow, limit turnovers and penalties and play smart football. No clock mismanagement needed.
Time of possession by running the ball and winning the line of scrimmage.
Buffalo just annihilated the football Jets. Is their defense THAT good or are the Jets THAT bad?
I think it's a little of both. Browns have a better offense and the defense is playing lights out when you account for the injuries to several major players.
If the Browns limit mistakes and Hoyer doesn't throw an interception than I like the Browns to win. And if it snows I like our running backs better. Granted the Jets were supposed to be tough against the run and Boobie Dixon and Fred Jackson ran all over them.
We win if they feed the Crow, limit turnovers and penalties and play smart football. No clock mismanagement needed.
Time of possession by running the ball and winning the line of scrimmage.
I trust Pettine this week.
image.jpgYes the Jets ARE that bad, one of the regulars at our Sunday Browns gathering is a Jets Fan (we let in all types, besides Jets, we have Vikings, Packers, Bengals, and even a Steeler fan show up) and his opinion is the Jets SUCK. LOL, come for the wine, stay for the abuse. Ryan is as good as gone- and if you saw some of the postgame comments- the team has already quit on him. That they managed to beat the Steelers is one of the many great flukes of this whacky season.
-
Their D line is awesome this is going to be a very tough matchup for us.
-
We definitely need the Schwartz to be on his game. And a defensive TD wouldn't hurt either.
Fortunately if Hoyer throws more picks, we've got Joel "the tackle machine" Bitonio to stop any returns.
-
Back in NC from Atl. game, it was awesome!! Boys, there is no doubt, Atl. owns the smokingest cheerleading staff in all the world.. On to the Bills, They own properly one of the best D front and LB's in all of football, if you can get to there secondary there beatable, Mack will be missed big time in this one. Tour2ma, your our best lineman we know and this matchup is all about our O Line. Pass Protect and run block. Got the match ups and your thought's???
-
We ain't scared of no Bills !
GO BROWNS !
-
Don't expect the Browns to roll double coverage to Watkins, Haden will cover him 1-on-1 all day, with Skrine on Woods, most likely.
-
I might be a secondary man, myself - but this game will be an absolute WAR in the trenches. I hope McDonald eats his wheaties because Dareus and Smith are no joke. JT will be ready for Hughes and I hope schwartz can keep Mario from 4+ sacks again.
-
Brandon Weeden beat them last year. Enough said.
Brandon Weeden beat them last year. Enough said.
Actually looking at the boxscore... more like Jeff Tuel beat the Bills...
Ryan is as good as gone- and if you saw some of the postgame comments- the team has already quit on him. That they managed to beat the Steelers is one of the many great flukes of this whacky season.
Did not see any player comments, but Ryan looked defeated. Main thing the guy had going for him was his bravado... and it is nowhere to be seen now.
Don't see Rex making it to season's end... again...
We definitely need the Schwartz to be on his game.
Yup.. SuperMario is looking super again. Mitch will need a lil help from his buddy, "chip"...
-
In re-examining the game against the Falcons, the Browns dominated. Two turnovers led to only 6 points. Two sure touchdown passes were dropped. A turnover in the end zone and a dropped pass before the halftime long field goal attempt took another 6 points off the board. I know the scoreboard is all that matters, but to many, we won a game we should have lost (and I see their point). But to me, they won a game that shouldn't have been close.
If they just execute better, I like their chances in Buffalo. Our team has talent on offence and one of these games they are going to prove that by lighting up the scoreboard. Let's hope it's in Buffalo!
-
bills were 2nd in the league in sacks last year with 57. they already have 46 as of last night.
-
George C said:
If you are going to beat Buffalo, you better have a strong 4 man rush, and get out to a early lead. If you load heavy towards Watkins like the Jets did last night, Robert Woods will eat you alive one on one. Our receivers are as deep and fast as it gets.
Except, now with Gordon back they are not as deep or as fast as the Browns WR corps is.
The Bills have arguably the best D in football right now, and without question the best front four and maybe linebackers.
It all depends on which Kyle Orton you get. It could be worse if he's hot, or it could be closer if bad Kyle shows up. I don't see that happening this week.
24-17 Bills.
Hoyer wont believe what's coming for him, and you will get the litmus test he hasn't had this season.
I think he will believe it....and is capable of handling it. He has been around. I don't know if your front 7 rates as highly as you say. Maybe they do, but I don't think they are that much greater than the DLs he has seen in the AFCN
-
I might be a secondary man, myself - but this game will be an absolute WAR in the trenches. I hope McDonald eats his wheaties because Dareus and Smith are no joke. JT will be ready for Hughes and I hope schwartz can keep Mario from 4+ sacks again.
I might be a secondary man, myself - but this game will be an absolute WAR in the trenches. I hope McDonald eats his wheaties because Dareus and Smith are no joke. JT will be ready for Hughes and I hope schwartz can keep Mario from 4+ sacks again.
Yes, this is a concern. If Mack were in there I wouldn't be worried...but we saw how Gerald McCoy blew up Nick McDonald. And The Schwartz does have to come to play. Bills are smart not putting their best up against JT.
-
In re-examining the game against the Falcons, the Browns dominated. Two turnovers led to only 6 points. Two sure touchdown passes were dropped. A turnover in the end zone and a dropped pass before the halftime long field goal attempt took another 6 points off the board. I know the scoreboard is all that matters, but to many, we won a game we should have lost (and I see their point). But to me, they won a game that shouldn't have been close.
If they just execute better, I like their chances in Buffalo. Our team has talent on offence and one of these games they are going to prove that by lighting up the scoreboard. Let's hope it's in Buffalo!
In re-examining the game against the Falcons, the Browns dominated. Two turnovers led to only 6 points. Two sure touchdown passes were dropped. A turnover in the end zone and a dropped pass before the halftime long field goal attempt took another 6 points off the board. I know the scoreboard is all that matters, but to many, we won a game we should have lost (and I see their point). But to me, they won a game that shouldn't have been close.
I agree. The Browns controlled this game and it was their own fuckups that prevented that game from being a blowout. A team does not win many games where they lose the turnover battle. The Browns did just that. Without the TOs that game should have been about a 17-20 point victory.
If they just execute better, I like their chances in Buffalo. Our team has talent on offence and one of these games they are going to prove that by lighting up the scoreboard. Let's hope it's in Buffalo!
-
All i hope for is good plays to be executed with positive yards, gaining 1st downs with no panic state of minds. I want to make a statement that the Browns are as good as all the rest of the teams with a winning record. Every game is very important to win now. We can only hope that the Steelers, Bengals & Ravens will lose many of their games so we need to win one game at a time.
-
George C said:
If you are going to beat Buffalo, you better have a strong 4 man rush, and get out to a early lead. If you load heavy towards Watkins like the Jets did last night, Robert Woods will eat you alive one on one. Our receivers are as deep and fast as it gets.
Watkins is talented, but has been very quiet against good CBs. Look at his games against Revis, Sean Smith, and Grimes... Now he gets to go against Haden... One-on-one... I'll take Haden against a rookie all day...
Just like Kansas City and MIami did, we will try and force Orton, Woods, Hogan, and that below average stable of RBs to beat us. Our secondary matches up great against those guys. The passing game is not our concern, it's stopping the run. I fully expect the Browns to load up against the run and try to force Orton to win the game... I like our odds if we can do that... (P.S. We're NOT the Jets...)
On offense, there will be a steady diet of draw plays, screen passes, and play-action against an over-aggressive front. It's the only way we'll give Hoyer time to attack the Bills' secondary - which is pretty suspect. The Bills rely heavily on their pass-rush, but when it doesn't get there, that secondary can get torched... They will have trouble covering Gordon, who will require a lot of safety attention, which will allow Hawkins/Austin/Gabriel (and possibly Cameron) a lot of space to work... All that is just icing on the cake if we can get the Crow running early and often...
I expect to win another close one. Not sold on Hoyer "snapping out" of his funk, not sold on our run D, and definetly not sold on our STs...
-
George C said:
Should be a cake walk for the Browns.
We'll talk Sunday night..
No. While your DBs may be no match for the Browns WRs, you do have one of the best pass rushes in the league. If that is going on it can negate any advantage an offense has with it receivers.....as QBs cannot complete passes from their asses.
-
If we win this game it will be huge. The only way I see us winning is if we can run the ball and stop the run. These two things will be very tough. Their D is really good and if we get stopped early we could see another game where hoyer throws 50 passes.
Stop the run and make Orton throw, run the ball and feed the crow.
-
Atleast we're not facing Kiko Alonso again
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login