Skip to content

Ravens looking moderately good

The Browns Board
44 13 1.3k
  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Right, because it is so easy to win in Baltimore.

    Even with Gordon back, unless you find a way to slow that pass rush Hoyer is gonna be on his back or throwing ducks. And good luck against Forsett

    Hold you smack spittle, Skippy, just worry about the Chargers, everyone in the division beat the Saints, don't wet yourself.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Hold you smack spittle, Skippy, just worry about the Chargers, everyone in the division beat the Saints, don't wet yourself.

    Zombo

    Everyone except, hopefully, the Steelers....who they play next week.

  • @columbusking said:

    Infact over the season the Browns have amassed more sacks then the ravens so maybe YOU should worry about Blow Flacco being on his back....

    Eyeball test tells me Ravens pass rush is far superior, I'd bet a lot of Browns sacks were coverage sacks.

    Joe Flacco has lost 1 game to you guys his whole career, during a year where we had possibly the worst Ravens team ever fielded since before 2000, so save the name calling for after week 17 if you manage to win.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Eyeball test tells me Ravens pass rush is far superior, I'd bet a lot of Browns sacks were coverage sacks.

    Well, considering the Browns are down by like 3 DL (Taylor, Armonty Bryant, Hughes) the Ravens pass rush should be superior. It probably was even before the injuries, what with Suggs and Dumerville....who are long time veteran quality pass rushers. the injury factor even increases that edge.

    Joe Flacco has lost 1 game to you guys his whole career, during a year where we had possibly the worst Ravens team ever fielded since before 2000, so save the name calling for after week 17 if you manage to win.

    Ben Roethlisberger only lost once to the Browns in his career. What happened last time the Browns played him? And he is better than Flacco.

    History is history. Enoy it. Talk about it....but don't expect it to repeat over and over.

  • @gftchris said:

    Just fact-checking a fellow browns fan who claimed the opposite to be true is all.

    I know.

    It is a night and day difference though how our front seven played against you guys week 3 where they made Hoyer look All-Pro from now where they make quarterbacks wet themselves in the pocket.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    I know.

    It is a night and day difference though how our front seven played against you guys week 3 where they made Hoyer look All-Pro from now where they make quarterbacks wet themselves in the pocket.

    Why is there any difference? Did they acquire new better players? Did they take double strength HGH? There is nothing different. They may play differently in that game, but nothing is different.

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    I know.

    It is a night and day difference though how our front seven played against you guys week 3 where they made Hoyer look All-Pro from now where they make quarterbacks wet themselves in the pocket.

    We're going to come to play week 17, you can book it. Our secondary is playing lights out, running game coming back, and our receiving corps have big play ability.

    It'll be a good game, but for now we need to beat buffalo.

    @bbedward said:

    We're going to come to play week 17, you can book it. Our secondary is playing lights out, running game coming back, and our receiving corps have big play ability.

    It'll be a good game, but for now we need to beat buffalo.

    All true statements but end of the day it's all about the quarterback and although Hoyer is a good quarterback I doubt in his ability to handle and combat the blitz that the Ravens will be sending him all day. He'll need to play better than he has in the past 6 weeks.

    @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Eyeball test tells me Ravens pass rush is far superior, I'd bet a lot of Browns sacks were coverage sacks.

    Well, considering the Browns are down by like 3 DL (Taylor, Armonty Bryant, Hughes) the Ravens pass rush should be superior. It probably was even before the injuries, what with Suggs and Dumerville....who are long time veteran quality pass rushers. the injury factor even increases that edge.

    We're also down 2 DL ourselves, though they weren't regular starters they were important rotational players. But Suggs and Doom are of course this biggest contributors.

    Joe Flacco has lost 1 game to you guys his whole career, during a year where we had possibly the worst Ravens team ever fielded since before 2000, so save the name calling for after week 17 if you manage to win.

    Ben Roethlisberger only lost once to the Browns in his career. What happened last time the Browns played him? And he is better than Flacco.

    History is history. Enoy it. Talk about it....but don't expect it to repeat over and over.

    I don't expect it to repeat over and over. But, forgive me if I like our odds. If you guys had a better quarterback I'd be far more concerned because an argument can be made the Browns are as good or a better of a team than the Ravens overall, but at the most important position in playoff atmosphere games I'm trusting in a proven commodity, where as the Browns are riding the up and down play of a NFL Journeyman.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why is there any difference? Did they acquire new better players? Did they take double strength HGH? There is nothing different. They may play differently in that game, but nothing is different.

    That's what I said isn't it? "It is a night and day difference in how they PLAYED". No there is nothing different except that your offensive line has injuries and our pass rush has gotten better almost on a weekly basis.

    And you should know the Ravens are all about that Deer Antler Spray Gip. See 2012 Playoffs Ray Lewis Returns from IR

  • It might interest you to know, per this article (although it's a bit unclear), it looks like Hoyer has not thrown a pick against the blitz this year:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/151138/inside-slant-nfl-week-12-qb-report

    Read in to that what you like - he's forcing the ball, he's not identifying when the linebackers are dropping and calling a run play accordingly, he's very good at picking up blitzes and getting rid of the ball quickly?

  • It might interest you to know, per this article (although it's a bit unclear), it looks like Hoyer has not thrown a pick against the blitz this year:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/151138/inside-slant-nfl-week-12-qb-report

    Read in to that what you like - he's forcing the ball, he's not identifying when the linebackers are dropping and calling a run play accordingly, he's very good at picking up blitzes and getting rid of the ball quickly?

    @gftchris said:

    It might interest you to know, per this article (although it's a bit unclear), it looks like Hoyer has not thrown a pick against the blitz this year:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/151138/inside-slant-nfl-week-12-qb-report

    Read in to that what you like - he's forcing the ball, he's not identifying when the linebackers are dropping and calling a run play accordingly, he's very good at picking up blitzes and getting rid of the ball quickly?

    No, he doesn't turn the ball over often at all period. But when he's blitzed his throws are erratic and off target, and especially if he's try to throw something down or across the middle it can lead to trouble, he's been lucky on some throws I've seen this year.

    Not turning the ball over, if that's even true, against the Blitz is a plus but at the same time it doesn't negate the fact that he's usually pretty ineffective at combating it. It's not the decision making as much as the accuracy.

  • You know we're going to go 11-5 and miss the playoffs

  • don't expect it to repeat over and over. But, forgive me if I like our odds. If you guys had a better quarterback I'd be far more concerned because an argument can be made the Browns are as good or a better of a team than the Ravens overall, but at the most important position in playoff atmosphere games I'm trusting in a proven commodity, where as the Browns are riding the up and down play of a NFL Journeyman.

    Well, so far this year they have the exact same record....and I don't think his play has been any more up and down that what you have had.

    And Hoyer has been a backup for Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, established Super Bowl winning veteran QBs who....OK, he did not beat out for the starting job for those teams. If Flacco were in his same position, he too would be a backup to those two guys.

  • YIKES !!, The Ravens really put it to the Saints last night. Now were the Ravens playing great football, or was the Saints just horrorible? I think both. The Ravens moved the ball on the ground and in the air. Steve Smith is definely going to be a handful to deal with for our match up in the final week. But that is still a few weeks away. Alot can happen to a team by then. This team can go on a super win streak, and catch the Ravens in the finale showdown for the division. Iam hoping for the best of course. But making it to the playoffs is just as important.

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    YIKES !!, The Ravens really put it to the Saints last night. Now were the Ravens playing great football, or was the Saints just horrorible? I think both. The Ravens moved the ball on the ground and in the air. Steve Smith is definely going to be a handful to deal with for our match up in the final week. But that is still a few weeks away. Alot can happen to a team by then. This team can go on a super win streak, and catch the Ravens in the finale showdown for the division. Iam hoping for the best of course. But making it to the playoffs is just as important.

    I hope we can make the playoffs. I doubt we will go far, but I still hope to make it.

  • don't expect it to repeat over and over. But, forgive me if I like our odds. If you guys had a better quarterback I'd be far more concerned because an argument can be made the Browns are as good or a better of a team than the Ravens overall, but at the most important position in playoff atmosphere games I'm trusting in a proven commodity, where as the Browns are riding the up and down play of a NFL Journeyman.

    Well, so far this year they have the exact same record....and I don't think his play has been any more up and down that what you have had.

    And Hoyer has been a backup for Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, established Super Bowl winning veteran QBs who....OK, he did not beat out for the starting job for those teams. If Flacco were in his same position, he too would be a backup to those two guys.

    @the-gipper said:

    don't expect it to repeat over and over. But, forgive me if I like our odds. If you guys had a better quarterback I'd be far more concerned because an argument can be made the Browns are as good or a better of a team than the Ravens overall, but at the most important position in playoff atmosphere games I'm trusting in a proven commodity, where as the Browns are riding the up and down play of a NFL Journeyman.

    Well, so far this year they have the exact same record....and I don't think his play has been any more up and down that what you have had.

    And Hoyer has been a backup for Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, established Super Bowl winning veteran QBs who....OK, he did not beat out for the starting job for those teams. If Flacco were in his same position, he too would be a backup to those two guys.

    Gip, that's a terrible argument because 95% of qbs would not beat out either of those for starting position, but doesn't mean anything in terms of evaluating and comparing Joe and Brian.

  • @the-gipper said:

    don't expect it to repeat over and over. But, forgive me if I like our odds. If you guys had a better quarterback I'd be far more concerned because an argument can be made the Browns are as good or a better of a team than the Ravens overall, but at the most important position in playoff atmosphere games I'm trusting in a proven commodity, where as the Browns are riding the up and down play of a NFL Journeyman.

    Well, so far this year they have the exact same record....and I don't think his play has been any more up and down that what you have had.

    And Hoyer has been a backup for Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, established Super Bowl winning veteran QBs who....OK, he did not beat out for the starting job for those teams. If Flacco were in his same position, he too would be a backup to those two guys.

    Gip, that's a terrible argument because 95% of qbs would not beat out either of those for starting position, but doesn't mean anything in terms of evaluating and comparing Joe and Brian.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Gip, that's a terrible argument because 95% of qbs would not beat out either of those for starting position, but doesn't mean anything in terms of evaluating and comparing Joe and Brian.

    No, its a very good argument....because you said he was a journeyman QB. He was a journeyman in the sense that he has been under contract with several teams. But he was a backup to 2 Hall of Fame caliber QBs. He could possibly be among the best 10-15% of QBS playing the game today, and he still would not have beat them out.

    And that comparison is valid to Flacco as well. If Flacco had been on those same teams, he too would not beat out Brady and Roethlisberger. Do you want to argue that? So to that extent, the comparison is apt.

    And here is another comparison....which may or may not be apt. But it is what it is:

    Flacco win pct.: .635 (in 107 games)

    Hoyer win pct.: .714 (in 14 games)

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Gip, that's a terrible argument because 95% of qbs would not beat out either of those for starting position, but doesn't mean anything in terms of evaluating and comparing Joe and Brian.

    No, its a very good argument....because you said he was a journeyman QB. He was a journeyman in the sense that he has been under contract with several teams. But he was a backup to 2 Hall of Fame caliber QBs. He could possibly be among the best 10-15% of QBS playing the game today, and he still would not have beat them out.

    And that comparison is valid to Flacco as well. If Flacco had been on those same teams, he too would not beat out Brady and Roethlisberger. Do you want to argue that? So to that extent, the comparison is apt.

    And here is another comparison....which may or may not be apt. But it is what it is:

    Flacco win pct.: .635 (in 107 games)

    Hoyer win pct.: .714 (in 14 games)

    @the-gipper said:

    No, its a very good argument....because you said he was a journeyman QB. He was a journeyman in the sense that he has been under contract with several teams. But he was a backup to 2 Hall of Fame caliber QBs. He could possibly be among the best 10-15% of QBS playing the game today, and he still would not have beat them out.

    And that comparison is valid to Flacco as well. If Flacco had been on those same teams, he too would not beat out Brady and Roethlisberger. Do you want to argue that? So to that extent, the comparison is apt.

    And here is another comparison....which may or may not be apt. But it is what it is:

    Flacco win pct.: .635 (in 107 games)

    Hoyer win pct.: .714 (in 14 games)

    You imply that labeling him as a journeyman qb is the only argument I've presented for why Flacco is better than Hoyer...which is false.

    Flacco is much more accurate than Hoyer. Especially on deep passes. Now Flacco isn't as good on the deep ball as many claim him to be, but he's easily top 10 in deep throw accuracy. He excels on sideline passes, he throws a 10 yard and 15 yard deep comeback route as good as anyone (except Peyton who is downright lethal with them). He's also underrated at throwing the back shoulder fade, and his accuracy down the middle of the field while not elite is certainly above or at par.

    Hoyer is good at short outside routes, average on crossing patterns and mediocre to putrid half the time going down the middle or deep down the field. His mechanics are very sloppy.

    So the only thing they have in common this year and forever is their record

    Hoyer would be a backup on 90% of all teams, Flacco is only a backup for HOF qbs, which is far from a knock

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, its a very good argument....because you said he was a journeyman QB. He was a journeyman in the sense that he has been under contract with several teams. But he was a backup to 2 Hall of Fame caliber QBs. He could possibly be among the best 10-15% of QBS playing the game today, and he still would not have beat them out.

    And that comparison is valid to Flacco as well. If Flacco had been on those same teams, he too would not beat out Brady and Roethlisberger. Do you want to argue that? So to that extent, the comparison is apt.

    And here is another comparison....which may or may not be apt. But it is what it is:

    Flacco win pct.: .635 (in 107 games)

    Hoyer win pct.: .714 (in 14 games)

    You imply that labeling him as a journeyman qb is the only argument I've presented for why Flacco is better than Hoyer...which is false.

    Flacco is much more accurate than Hoyer. Especially on deep passes. Now Flacco isn't as good on the deep ball as many claim him to be, but he's easily top 10 in deep throw accuracy. He excels on sideline passes, he throws a 10 yard and 15 yard deep comeback route as good as anyone (except Peyton who is downright lethal with them). He's also underrated at throwing the back shoulder fade, and his accuracy down the middle of the field while not elite is certainly above or at par.

    Hoyer is good at short outside routes, average on crossing patterns and mediocre to putrid half the time going down the middle or deep down the field. His mechanics are very sloppy.

    So the only thing they have in common this year and forever is their record

    Hoyer would be a backup on 90% of all teams, Flacco is only a backup for HOF qbs, which is far from a knock

    @purplepantywaste said:

    You imply that labeling him as a journeyman qb is the only argument I've presented for why Flacco is better than Hoyer...which is false.

    I didn't imply that at all....you invented that bullshit all on your own. YOU are the one that implied that Hoyer is no good because he is a "journeyman". There have been a few "journeymen" QBs that have won SBs......Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Len Dawson, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Jim Plunkett, and maybe others. I never even claimed that Hoyer is better than Flacco....I only gave stats that show he has a better career win pct. I think Flacco probably is better. I said Flacco is not better than BR and Brady.

    Now go play some more fantasy football with yourself.

    Flacco is much more accurate than Hoyer. Especially on deep passes. Now Flacco isn't as good on the deep ball as many claim him to be, but he's easily top 10 in deep throw accuracy. He excels on sideline passes, he throws a 10 yard and 15 yard deep comeback route as good as anyone (except Peyton who is downright lethal with them). He's also underrated at throwing the back shoulder fade, and his accuracy down the middle of the field while not elite is certainly above or at par.

    Hoyer is good at short outside routes, average on crossing patterns and mediocre to putrid half the time going down the middle or deep down the field. His mechanics are very sloppy.

    the knee injury may be a factor there still.

    So the only thing they have in common this year and forever is their record

    Hoyer would be a backup on 90% of all teams, Flacco is only a backup for HOF qbs, which is far from a knock. Except, of course Hoyer was a backup for those HOFers. And when he got his chance to play, he has won.

    I think right now that Hoyer is probably better than half the QBs playing. And he could possibly perform...that is win....better than a lot of the QBs that are supposed to be better than him.

    (let's see, he has beaten BR, Brees, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, all supposedly better)

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    You imply that labeling him as a journeyman qb is the only argument I've presented for why Flacco is better than Hoyer...which is false.

    I didn't imply that at all....you invented that bullshit all on your own. YOU are the one that implied that Hoyer is no good because he is a "journeyman". There have been a few "journeymen" QBs that have won SBs......Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Len Dawson, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Jim Plunkett, and maybe others. I never even claimed that Hoyer is better than Flacco....I only gave stats that show he has a better career win pct. I think Flacco probably is better. I said Flacco is not better than BR and Brady.

    Now go play some more fantasy football with yourself.

    Flacco is much more accurate than Hoyer. Especially on deep passes. Now Flacco isn't as good on the deep ball as many claim him to be, but he's easily top 10 in deep throw accuracy. He excels on sideline passes, he throws a 10 yard and 15 yard deep comeback route as good as anyone (except Peyton who is downright lethal with them). He's also underrated at throwing the back shoulder fade, and his accuracy down the middle of the field while not elite is certainly above or at par.

    Hoyer is good at short outside routes, average on crossing patterns and mediocre to putrid half the time going down the middle or deep down the field. His mechanics are very sloppy.

    the knee injury may be a factor there still.

    So the only thing they have in common this year and forever is their record

    Hoyer would be a backup on 90% of all teams, Flacco is only a backup for HOF qbs, which is far from a knock. Except, of course Hoyer was a backup for those HOFers. And when he got his chance to play, he has won.

    I think right now that Hoyer is probably better than half the QBs playing. And he could possibly perform...that is win....better than a lot of the QBs that are supposed to be better than him.

    (let's see, he has beaten BR, Brees, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, all supposedly better)

    @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    You imply that labeling him as a journeyman qb is the only argument I've presented for why Flacco is better than Hoyer...which is false.

    I didn't imply that at all....you invented that bullshit all on your own. YOU are the one that implied that Hoyer is no good because he is a "journeyman". There have been a few "journeymen" QBs that have won SBs......Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Len Dawson, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Jim Plunkett, and maybe others. I never even claimed that Hoyer is better than Flacco....I only gave stats that show he has a better career win pct. I think Flacco probably is better. I said Flacco is not better than BR and Brady.

    Now go play some more fantasy football with yourself.

    I'm well aware of that , see Trent Dilfer. Hoyer could find himself with a ring come Feb for all we know. I didn't mean to imply Hoyer is no good, I've defended him a lot on these forums as a more than serviceable qb, probably top 15. He's tough as nails and he's pretty clutch, usually careful with the ball and doesn't lose you many games. But all phases gotta be working well for Hoyer to succeed, and it the particular matchup us him against our front seven I see Hoyer struggling. Hoyer sort of reminds me of a Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner, though not nearly as accurate as those two. My only beef is with people acting like they're gonna come rolling into Baltimore and just hand us a loss. They might win but they're gonns have to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

    Flacco is much more accurate than Hoyer. Especially on deep passes. Now Flacco isn't as good on the deep ball as many claim him to be, but he's easily top 10 in deep throw accuracy. He excels on sideline passes, he throws a 10 yard and 15 yard deep comeback route as good as anyone (except Peyton who is downright lethal with them). He's also underrated at throwing the back shoulder fade, and his accuracy down the middle of the field while not elite is certainly above or at par.

    Hoyer is good at short outside routes, average on crossing patterns and mediocre to putrid half the time going down the middle or deep down the field. His mechanics are very sloppy.

    the knee injury may be a factor there still.

    Flacco too had a knee injury not too long ago. Wonder if that's still a factor.

    So the only thing they have in common this year and forever is their record

    Hoyer would be a backup on 90% of all teams, Flacco is only a backup for HOF qbs, which is far from a knock. Except, of course Hoyer was a backup for those HOFers. And when he got his chance to play, he has won.

    I think right now that Hoyer is probably better than half the QBs playing. And he could possibly perform...that is win....better than a lot of the QBs that are supposed to be better than him.

    (let's see, he has beaten BR, Brees, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, all supposedly better)

    I agree with this.

    I'd take him over Dalton any Sunday. Maybe even Matt Ryan though it's a tougher sell. Dude's scrappy as hell.

  • I'm well aware of that , see Trent Dilfer. Hoyer could find himself with a ring come Feb for all we know. I didn't mean to imply Hoyer is no good, I've defended him a lot on these forums as a more than serviceable qb, probably top 15. He's tough as nails and he's pretty clutch, usually careful with the ball and doesn't lose you many games. But all phases gotta be working well for Hoyer to succeed,

    That is clearly not true if you have seen the Browns games since Mack went down. The run game has been atrocious at times, special teams have contributed nothing, yet the Browns still have won.

    and it the particular matchup us him against our front seven I see Hoyer struggling. Hoyer sort of reminds me of a Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner, though not nearly as accurate as those two. My only beef is with people acting like they're gonna come rolling into Baltimore and just hand us a loss. They might win but they're gonns have to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

    I am not one that said the Browns would come in and roll....it is way to premature to even think about that game. It may have no meaning or it may have all the meaning in the world, there are too many games in between to worry about.

    And you sir, are not Charlton Heston. 😊

  • I'm well aware of that , see Trent Dilfer. Hoyer could find himself with a ring come Feb for all we know. I didn't mean to imply Hoyer is no good, I've defended him a lot on these forums as a more than serviceable qb, probably top 15. He's tough as nails and he's pretty clutch, usually careful with the ball and doesn't lose you many games. But all phases gotta be working well for Hoyer to succeed,

    That is clearly not true if you have seen the Browns games since Mack went down. The run game has been atrocious at times, special teams have contributed nothing, yet the Browns still have won.

    and it the particular matchup us him against our front seven I see Hoyer struggling. Hoyer sort of reminds me of a Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner, though not nearly as accurate as those two. My only beef is with people acting like they're gonna come rolling into Baltimore and just hand us a loss. They might win but they're gonns have to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

    I am not one that said the Browns would come in and roll....it is way to premature to even think about that game. It may have no meaning or it may have all the meaning in the world, there are too many games in between to worry about.

    And you sir, are not Charlton Heston. 😊

    @the-gipper said:

    I'm well aware of that , see Trent Dilfer. Hoyer could find himself with a ring come Feb for all we know. I didn't mean to imply Hoyer is no good, I've defended him a lot on these forums as a more than serviceable qb, probably top 15. He's tough as nails and he's pretty clutch, usually careful with the ball and doesn't lose you many games. But all phases gotta be working well for Hoyer to succeed,

    That is clearly not true if you have seen the Browns games since Mack went down. The run game has been atrocious at times, special teams have contributed nothing, yet the Browns still have won.

    and it the particular matchup us him against our front seven I see Hoyer struggling. Hoyer sort of reminds me of a Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner, though not nearly as accurate as those two. My only beef is with people acting like they're gonna come rolling into Baltimore and just hand us a loss. They might win but they're gonns have to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

    I am not one that said the Browns would come in and roll....it is way to premature to even think about that game. It may have no meaning or it may have all the meaning in the world, there are too many games in between to worry about.

    And you sir, are not Charlton Heston. 😊

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I'm well aware of that , see Trent Dilfer. Hoyer could find himself with a ring come Feb for all we know. I didn't mean to imply Hoyer is no good, I've defended him a lot on these forums as a more than serviceable qb, probably top 15. He's tough as nails and he's pretty clutch, usually careful with the ball and doesn't lose you many games. But all phases gotta be working well for Hoyer to succeed,

    That is clearly not true if you have seen the Browns games since Mack went down. The run game has been atrocious at times, special teams have contributed nothing, yet the Browns still have won.

    and it the particular matchup us him against our front seven I see Hoyer struggling. Hoyer sort of reminds me of a Chad Pennington or Kurt Warner, though not nearly as accurate as those two. My only beef is with people acting like they're gonna come rolling into Baltimore and just hand us a loss. They might win but they're gonns have to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

    I am not one that said the Browns would come in and roll....it is way to premature to even think about that game. It may have no meaning or it may have all the meaning in the world, there are too many games in between to worry about.

    And you sir, are not Charlton Heston. 😊

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    Well, if both the Browns and Ravens lose all their games before that one, it will likely have little meaning. I am sure you are right though...there are lke 9 teams vying for 4 playoff spots....so it will have some meaning to someone.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

    So, instead of PurplePantyWaste, Z can change your name to "Soylent Purple".

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    Well, if both the Browns and Ravens lose all their games before that one, it will likely have little meaning. I am sure you are right though...there are lke 9 teams vying for 4 playoff spots....so it will have some meaning to someone.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

    So, instead of PurplePantyWaste, Z can change your name to "Soylent Purple".

    @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    Well, if both the Browns and Ravens lose all their games before that one, it will likely have little meaning. I am sure you are right though...there are lke 9 teams vying for 4 playoff spots....so it will have some meaning to someone.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

    So, instead of PurplePantyWaste, Z can change your name to "Soylent Purple".

    A drink made out Ravens fans?

    Though it's less demeaning then Purpe Panty Waste, I think my odds of getting my original name back or any less embarrassing names are slim. I simply choose to look at the name as a term of endearment.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    Yes but the defense has been stellar, keeping you guys in most of your games. Also great receivers turning lots of little short passes into big gains.

    It's gonna have plenty of meaning, even if not for us directly, for the wildcard picture for other teams I'm sure it'll have an effect.

    Well, if both the Browns and Ravens lose all their games before that one, it will likely have little meaning. I am sure you are right though...there are lke 9 teams vying for 4 playoff spots....so it will have some meaning to someone.

    I'd assume I wasn't otherwise I'd have kicked the can 6 years ago.

    So, instead of PurplePantyWaste, Z can change your name to "Soylent Purple".

    A drink made out Ravens fans?

    Though it's less demeaning then Purpe Panty Waste, I think my odds of getting my original name back or any less embarrassing names are slim. I simply choose to look at the name as a term of endearment.

    @purplepantywaste said:

    A drink made out Ravens fans?

    Soylent Green was not a drink, it was food. Soylent Purple could be food made of Ravens and Vikings and Magics fans.

    Though it's less demeaning then Purpe Panty Waste, I think my odds of getting my original name back or any less embarrassing names are slim. I simply choose to look at the name as a term of endearment.

    I will try to exert what influence I can......come on Z.....call this guy Soylent Purple......or do you view that as not sufficiently derogatory?

  • @purplepantywaste said:

    A drink made out Ravens fans?

    Soylent Green was not a drink, it was food. Soylent Purple could be food made of Ravens and Vikings and Magics fans.

    Though it's less demeaning then Purpe Panty Waste, I think my odds of getting my original name back or any less embarrassing names are slim. I simply choose to look at the name as a term of endearment.

    I will try to exert what influence I can......come on Z.....call this guy Soylent Purple......or do you view that as not sufficiently derogatory?

    @the-gipper said:

    @purplepantywaste said:

    A drink made out Ravens fans?

    Soylent Green was not a drink, it was food. Soylent Purple could be food made of Ravens and Vikings and Magics fans.

    Though it's less demeaning then Purpe Panty Waste, I think my odds of getting my original name back or any less embarrassing names are slim. I simply choose to look at the name as a term of endearment.

    I will try to exert what influence I can......come on Z.....call this guy Soylent Purple......or do you view that as not sufficiently derogatory?

    I know, but Soylent Purple is the nutritious drink that goes with your Soylant green.

    Haha, I would have to make an avatar to go with that if he does change it.