Skip to content

QB bangs and busts by team

The Browns Board
25 8 921
  • One of the best schools at producing QBs has to be Purdue with these entries adn their CAs:

    Drew Brees 134

    Len Dawson 110

    Bob Griese 104

    Jim Everett 87

    Jeff George 65.....with talent that should have gotten him higher

    Gary Danielson...48

    all of these are better than OSU's best

    Mike Phipps...40

    Kyle Orton...34

  • Great post. A lot of work went into this data. Impressive. I don't feel so bad for the Bills when I look at the Redskins.

  • In terms of which schools have produced the best QBs, I can only say that it is well know that Ohio St. is not one of them.

    The best "QB" that came out of OSU, may not have been a QB much at all: Tom Matte......in fact he only threw 42 career passes.....but he did make a famous appearance at QB in a postseason game against the Packers.

    No, he was a runner, with about 5000 career rush yards, and a receiver....with about 3000 career receiving yards.

    The best OSU QB pro was Mike Tomcsak with a 43 CA followed by Kent Graham

    Since it is Michigan week I will include them too. Michigan has a far better record at producing NFL QBs.

    Obviously, Mr. Brady is one of the best of all time he has a 145 CA

    Jim Harbaugh has a 78 CA

    Brian Griese has a 53

    Elvis Grbac has a 46

    (these are all higher than OSU's best...Tomscak)

    @the-gipper said:

    In terms of which schools have produced the best QBs, I can only say that it is well know that Ohio St. is not one of them.

    The best "QB" that came out of OSU, may not have been a QB much at all: Tom Matte......in fact he only threw 42 career passes.....but he did make a famous appearance at QB in a postseason game against the Packers.

    No, he was a runner, with about 5000 career rush yards, and a receiver....with about 3000 career receiving yards.

    The best OSU QB pro was Mike Tomcsak with a 43 CA followed by Kent Graham

    Um, I'll posit Art Schlichter had the best pro potential of any OSU qb, too bad compulsive gambling landed him in jail.

  • @the-gipper said:

    In terms of which schools have produced the best QBs, I can only say that it is well know that Ohio St. is not one of them.

    The best "QB" that came out of OSU, may not have been a QB much at all: Tom Matte......in fact he only threw 42 career passes.....but he did make a famous appearance at QB in a postseason game against the Packers.

    No, he was a runner, with about 5000 career rush yards, and a receiver....with about 3000 career receiving yards.

    The best OSU QB pro was Mike Tomcsak with a 43 CA followed by Kent Graham

    Um, I'll posit Art Schlichter had the best pro potential of any OSU qb, too bad compulsive gambling landed him in jail.

    @hoorta said:

    Um, I'll posit Art Schlichter had the best pro potential of any OSU qb, too bad compulsive gambling landed him in jail.

    Potential? Sure. That is perhaps what makes him one of the 5 all time biggest QB busts of all time.

  • @hoorta said:

    Um, I'll posit Art Schlichter had the best pro potential of any OSU qb, too bad compulsive gambling landed him in jail.

    Potential? Sure. That is perhaps what makes him one of the 5 all time biggest QB busts of all time.

    @the-gipper said:

    Potential? Sure. That is perhaps what makes him one of the 5 all time biggest QB busts of all time.

    Hell while you're at it list the 10 biggest qb busts of all time regardless of where drafted.

    I'll start with Ryan Leaf

    and Jafattus Russell.

    Fill out the rest of the list with this hall of shame- I find little to argue with. You've been far to kind to Browns busts like Couch, Phipps, and Quinn. You HAVE to take into account where a player was drafted, and if you're drafted #1 overall or top 5, and don't at least have a long & productive pro career = bust in my book. Or if you gave up picks or players to get him. Care to argue at this point Trent Richardson is a big time bust- and RG III wasn't worth one first round pick, much less three?

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047730-50-biggest-quarterback-busts-in-nfl-draft-history