Happy Thankgiving...
-
Happy Thanksgiving Browns bros.
I hope all Steeler fans have a dry and crusty bird.
-
This is really insensitive to those who don't celebrate thanksgiving. Racist homophobe bigot devil
-
I hope all Steeler fans have a dry and crusty bird.
HA!
This is really insensitive to those who don't celebrate thanksgiving. Racist homophobe bigot devil
triple HA!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING BROWNS BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
and happy day to those who don't celebrate FOOD.
-
Happy thanksgiving all, have a good one
-
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that this year, aside from the normal things to be thankful for, such as family and friends, food and shelter, this year I'm truly thankful for an awesome and inspiring team to root for on Sundays! Thank you Cleveland Browns and a big thanks to the Fans as well!
-
@everlastingxxx said:
You too! Go Cowboys!
They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.
To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce.

-
@everlastingxxx said:
You too! Go Cowboys!
They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.
To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce.

They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.
To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce.

i buck all tradition as well. sirloins and shrimp. cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.
-
They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.
To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce.

i buck all tradition as well. sirloins and shrimp. cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.
cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.
Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...
Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...
For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...
Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.
But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.
Can't remember the last Riesling I had.
-
cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.
Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...
Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...
For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...
Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.
But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.
Can't remember the last Riesling I had.
Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...
Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...
For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...
Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.
But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.
Can't remember the last Riesling I had.
i've had los vascos. haven't had it in a while. it's a big seller where i go to buy. i like monkey bay sauv blanc. something about that NZ climate. heard of las huertas. will definitely try.
-
I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.
-
I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.
I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.
Pear?
Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.
The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...
Downside of either was tooth decay.
-
fred sanford made a drink called champipple. champagne and ripple. hilarious!
got a neighbor who still drinks lancers.
-
I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.
Pear?
Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.
The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...
Downside of either was tooth decay.
Pear?
Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.
The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...
Downside of either was tooth decay.
Don't forget TJ Swan. A high school favorite of me and my degenerate friends.
-
fred sanford made a drink called champipple. champagne and ripple. hilarious!
got a neighbor who still drinks lancers.
-
To all my Browns Board Brothers... and Sister(s)...
Be your gathering great or small...
Your turkey large or small...
Your glass full or... only half full...
Raise at least one toast this day...
To Browns' relevance on a major Holiday...
Warm Wishes to you and yours on Thanksgiving Day.
From Tour and his...
To all my Browns Board Brothers... and Sister(s)...
Be your gathering great or small...
Your turkey large or small...
Your glass full or... only half full...
Raise at least one toast this day...
To Browns' relevance on a major Holiday...
Warm Wishes to you and yours on Thanksgiving Day.
From Tour and his...
Thank you Tour2ma, Happy Thanksgiving to you and to the entire Browns Board. I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. Many blessings for you and your families.
-
cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.
Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...
Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...
For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...
Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.
But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.
Can't remember the last Riesling I had.
Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...
Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...
For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...
Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.
But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.
Can't remember the last Riesling I had.
I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.
Well, ya gotta start somewhere. If you really had a bottle of '72 Ripple, my hat's off to you. Well do I remember that- and a bunch of other 70s swill like Boone's Farm, Annie Green Springs, Piasano, Mogen David, Manischewitz , Lancer's & Richard's Wild Irish Rose, Mateus, and Italian Swiss Colony "you just can't miss with Italian Swiss" back in the day. Can't say I was ever a big Thunderbird (and for the young 'uns, that would be wine- not the car).or Cold (Yuck) Duck- or Mad Dog- as it was called- 20\20.fan though. One of my college roomies had a very bad episode barfing up about a quart of Taylor's New York State Tawny Port. To this day he almost gags at the sight of a bottle of it.

Now when us winos congregate for Thanksgiving, we set our sights a little higher. Like Macon-Clesse, and Perrier Joet champagne for welcoming wines. Then a nice Mersault with the bird, along with a red burgundy- and that would be from France, not Gallo Hearty Burgundy. A Michael-David "Rage" 2012 zinfandel for the young red wine, and a 1982 Chateau Lynch-Bages for the old vino. Then a 1990 Braunberger Juffer Auslese and a Chateau Coutet Barsac with dessert. Come Thanksgiving we don't mess around drinking everyday swill.
-
I had no idea Boones Farm went back that far. That was the drink of choice for delinquent girls (God love 'em) in the late 80s. What a good run!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login