Skip to content

Happy Thankgiving...

The Browns Board
30 15 741
  • Happy thanksgiving all, have a good one

  • Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that this year, aside from the normal things to be thankful for, such as family and friends, food and shelter, this year I'm truly thankful for an awesome and inspiring team to root for on Sundays! Thank you Cleveland Browns and a big thanks to the Fans as well!

  • From JohnnyJamBoogie....

    I am so surprised

    Browns Board Thanksgiving has not

    one Haiku inspired

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    You too! Go Cowboys!

    They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.

    To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce. 🙂

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    You too! Go Cowboys!

    They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.

    To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.

    To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce. 🙂

    i buck all tradition as well. sirloins and shrimp. cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.

  • @hoorta said:

    They went. Hope that fiasco didn't give you too much heartburn and indigestion.

    To all my fellow Browns fans and JFF fans, hope you had a very happy Turkey Day- even from a guy who cooks steaks on Thanksgiving. The turkeys in this world would have very long life spans if everyone else shared my food weirdness. This particular Browns fan has a list of food items longer than your arm he's not interested in. I can barely choke down a few bites of turkey if it's buried under some cranberry sauce. 🙂

    i buck all tradition as well. sirloins and shrimp. cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.

    @miktoxic said:

    cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

  • @miktoxic said:

    cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

    @tour2ma said:

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

    i've had los vascos. haven't had it in a while. it's a big seller where i go to buy. i like monkey bay sauv blanc. something about that NZ climate. heard of las huertas. will definitely try.

  • I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

  • I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

    Pear?

    Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.

    The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...

    Downside of either was tooth decay.

  • fred sanford made a drink called champipple. champagne and ripple. hilarious!

    got a neighbor who still drinks lancers.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

    Pear?

    Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.

    The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...

    Downside of either was tooth decay.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pear?

    Actually bought a bottle of that in '74 trying to fill out a case discount on the cheap. Wasn't even good enough for bong filler, but it made good drain cleaner.

    The standbys in those days were Boone's Farm, Apple and Strawberry Hill, and Gallo Tyrolia...

    Downside of either was tooth decay.

    Don't forget TJ Swan. A high school favorite of me and my degenerate friends.

  • fred sanford made a drink called champipple. champagne and ripple. hilarious!

    got a neighbor who still drinks lancers.

    @miktoxic said:

    fred sanford made a drink called champipple. champagne and ripple. hilarious!

    Damn it, mik! Where was that during the great Champagne league debate!

  • Jimmy Gilmer's former back up band?

  • To all my Browns Board Brothers... and Sister(s)...

    Be your gathering great or small...

    Your turkey large or small...

    Your glass full or... only half full...

    Raise at least one toast this day...

    To Browns' relevance on a major Holiday...

    Warm Wishes to you and yours on Thanksgiving Day.

    From Tour and his...

    @tour2ma said:

    To all my Browns Board Brothers... and Sister(s)...

    Be your gathering great or small...

    Your turkey large or small...

    Your glass full or... only half full...

    Raise at least one toast this day...

    To Browns' relevance on a major Holiday...

    Warm Wishes to you and yours on Thanksgiving Day.

    From Tour and his...

    Thank you Tour2ma, Happy Thanksgiving to you and to the entire Browns Board. I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. Many blessings for you and your families.

  • @miktoxic said:

    cali zin to new zealand sauv to german reisling. and that's just the afternoon to prevening.

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

    @tour2ma said:

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

    Well, ya gotta start somewhere. If you really had a bottle of '72 Ripple, my hat's off to you. Well do I remember that- and a bunch of other 70s swill like Boone's Farm, Annie Green Springs, Piasano, Mogen David, Manischewitz , Lancer's & Richard's Wild Irish Rose, Mateus, and Italian Swiss Colony "you just can't miss with Italian Swiss" back in the day. Can't say I was ever a big Thunderbird (and for the young 'uns, that would be wine- not the car).or Cold (Yuck) Duck- or Mad Dog- as it was called- 20\20.fan though. One of my college roomies had a very bad episode barfing up about a quart of Taylor's New York State Tawny Port. To this day he almost gags at the sight of a bottle of it. 🙂

    Now when us winos congregate for Thanksgiving, we set our sights a little higher. Like Macon-Clesse, and Perrier Joet champagne for welcoming wines. Then a nice Mersault with the bird, along with a red burgundy- and that would be from France, not Gallo Hearty Burgundy. A Michael-David "Rage" 2012 zinfandel for the young red wine, and a 1982 Chateau Lynch-Bages for the old vino. Then a 1990 Braunberger Juffer Auslese and a Chateau Coutet Barsac with dessert. Come Thanksgiving we don't mess around drinking everyday swill.

  • I had no idea Boones Farm went back that far. That was the drink of choice for delinquent girls (God love 'em) in the late 80s. What a good run!

  • I had no idea Boones Farm went back that far. That was the drink of choice for delinquent girls (God love 'em) in the late 80s. What a good run!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I had no idea Boones Farm went back that far. That was the drink of choice for delinquent girls (God love 'em) in the late 80s. What a good run!

    LOL, I had to check to make sure I wasn't falling into premature Alzheimer's. Boone's Farm Apple first hit the shelves way back in 1961- even I had no idea it went back that far. It certainly wasn't mass marketed until much later- would have remembered it in my high school days.

    Speaking of HS- the preferred booze of serious alkies back in the 60s was either Thunderbird (what's the word? Thunderbird. What's the price? Quarter twice. How soon? High Noon.) or Mogen David 20\20. 20% alcohol- cost 20 cents for a pint. There's inflation for ya. We'd always find empty bottles in our bus stops waiting to get to school.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I had no idea Boones Farm went back that far. That was the drink of choice for delinquent girls (God love 'em) in the late 80s. What a good run!

    LOL, I had to check to make sure I wasn't falling into premature Alzheimer's. Boone's Farm Apple first hit the shelves way back in 1961- even I had no idea it went back that far. It certainly wasn't mass marketed until much later- would have remembered it in my high school days.

    Speaking of HS- the preferred booze of serious alkies back in the 60s was either Thunderbird (what's the word? Thunderbird. What's the price? Quarter twice. How soon? High Noon.) or Mogen David 20\20. 20% alcohol- cost 20 cents for a pint. There's inflation for ya. We'd always find empty bottles in our bus stops waiting to get to school.

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, I had to check to make sure I wasn't falling into premature Alzheimer's. Boone's Farm Apple first hit the shelves way back in 1961- even I had no idea it went back that far. It certainly wasn't mass marketed until much later- would have remembered it in my high school days.

    Speaking of HS- the preferred booze of serious alkies back in the 60s was either Thunderbird (what's the word? Thunderbird. What's the price? Quarter twice. How soon? High Noon.) or Mogen David 20\20. 20% alcohol- cost 20 cents for a pint. There's inflation for ya. We'd always find empty bottles in our bus stops waiting to get to school.

    Mad Dog 20/20. Wasn't really a drunk, it was more of a drugged high. Mix it with shots of 151 and people should stay away from you.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Splurged last night with a Chateau Montelena Chard with the bird...

    Ever tried Brazin? It's my go to Zin at the moment...

    For Sauv Blanc's I go Chilean...

    Los Vascos has amazingly citrus tones. Great with salads.

    But for fish try Las Huertas... the citrus leans in the lemon direction.

    Can't remember the last Riesling I had.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I had some Ripple, 1972 vintage. Excellent.

    Well, ya gotta start somewhere. If you really had a bottle of '72 Ripple, my hat's off to you. Well do I remember that- and a bunch of other 70s swill like Boone's Farm, Annie Green Springs, Piasano, Mogen David, Manischewitz , Lancer's & Richard's Wild Irish Rose, Mateus, and Italian Swiss Colony "you just can't miss with Italian Swiss" back in the day. Can't say I was ever a big Thunderbird (and for the young 'uns, that would be wine- not the car).or Cold (Yuck) Duck- or Mad Dog- as it was called- 20\20.fan though. One of my college roomies had a very bad episode barfing up about a quart of Taylor's New York State Tawny Port. To this day he almost gags at the sight of a bottle of it. 🙂

    Now when us winos congregate for Thanksgiving, we set our sights a little higher. Like Macon-Clesse, and Perrier Joet champagne for welcoming wines. Then a nice Mersault with the bird, along with a red burgundy- and that would be from France, not Gallo Hearty Burgundy. A Michael-David "Rage" 2012 zinfandel for the young red wine, and a 1982 Chateau Lynch-Bages for the old vino. Then a 1990 Braunberger Juffer Auslese and a Chateau Coutet Barsac with dessert. Come Thanksgiving we don't mess around drinking everyday swill.

    @hoorta said:

    ... Mateus...

    Damn... hadn't crossed my mind in a long time. IIRC it was the wine of choice when Bill Murray's Pizza Face was wooing Gilda Radner's Lisa Lupner.

    Also almost to mind (but not quite) a Portuguese wine in an opaque reddish, and kind of squatty bottle. May have had a sailing ship on the label... Name escapes me... think it was a rose'???

  • @hoorta said:

    ... Mateus...

    Damn... hadn't crossed my mind in a long time. IIRC it was the wine of choice when Bill Murray's Pizza Face was wooing Gilda Radner's Lisa Lupner.

    Also almost to mind (but not quite) a Portuguese wine in an opaque reddish, and kind of squatty bottle. May have had a sailing ship on the label... Name escapes me... think it was a rose'???

    @tour2ma said:

    Damn... hadn't crossed my mind in a long time. IIRC it was the wine of choice when Bill Murray's Pizza Face was wooing Gilda Radner's Lisa Lupner.

    Also almost to mind (but not quite) a Portuguese wine in an opaque reddish, and kind of squatty bottle. May have had a sailing ship on the label... Name escapes me... think it was a rose'???

    LOL you're thinking of Lancer's Rose Tour. Can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago, but I can recall most of the cheap swill that was on the market 40 years back.