New Star Wars Trailer.
-
I saw an article complaining, and I swear to christ this is true, about the stormtrooper being black.
I saw an article complaining, and I swear to christ this is true, about the stormtrooper being black.
Well, when you consider that originally the storm troopers were all clones of Jango Fett, who was not black (although the actor was part Maori), you understand why people wouldn't be thrilled with the seemingly arbitrary change. However:
"H. And why are there still "stormtroopers"? Shouldn't the "New Republic" have gotten rid of them?"
Maybe they 'got rid' of all the clone-troopers and now have just a regular standing army, which would explain why there's a black guy in there.
-
Han solo dressed up like a stormtrooper why couldn't a new hero do the same? I automatically assumed that's what was happening.
-
Absolutely, could be anything. Mostly just fanboys getting pissy.
-
I saw an article complaining, and I swear to christ this is true, about the stormtrooper being black.
Well, when you consider that originally the storm troopers were all clones of Jango Fett, who was not black (although the actor was part Maori), you understand why people wouldn't be thrilled with the seemingly arbitrary change. However:
"H. And why are there still "stormtroopers"? Shouldn't the "New Republic" have gotten rid of them?"
Maybe they 'got rid' of all the clone-troopers and now have just a regular standing army, which would explain why there's a black guy in there.
Well, when you consider that originally the storm troopers were all clones of Jango Fett, who was not black (although the actor was part Maori), you understand why people wouldn't be thrilled with the seemingly arbitrary change. However:
"H. And why are there still "stormtroopers"? Shouldn't the "New Republic" have gotten rid of them?"
Maybe they 'got rid' of all the clone-troopers and now have just a regular standing army, which would explain why there's a black guy in there.
Part of the lore includes a switch from cloning stormtroopers to recruiting them. Here is a reddit thread on the subject:
-
I'm not interested enough to research the universe canon ahead of time, so I guess my hunch was correct

-
Absolutely, could be anything. Mostly just fanboys getting pissy.
I just figured that a generation on, they would have changed the uniforms of the soldiers of the previous hated Evil Empire, that's all.
Maybe not. Look at Russian army uniforms today. Not significantly different from Soviet Army uniforms, I guess.
-
The Storm Trooper is black because he's probably going undercover similar to Luke & Han in Empire Strikes back.
-
Jesus walter simmer down
Edit: he's since deleted the unnecessarily hostile crazy - town response that necessitated this post.
-

-
Well he was half human and she did have a nice set of space cans.
WSS
Well he was half human and she did have a nice set of space cans.
WSS
Not to mention she looked damn nice bent over the communications console chair

-
Lucas Version of the Trailer
SNL Spoof
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/star-wars-teaser/2832821
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login