One thing we can all agree on...
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
-
We keep Gordon, idc if he's an SS white supremacist (well I kinda would) but he needs to be kept. He is still too good to let loose.
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
Yes, you still trade. Gilbert will come around - despite not having rookie star power (rookie CBs rarely do). If you go back you probably take somebody besides Gilbert at #8, but we can't go back and Gilbert barely has his feet wet in the NFL.
Right now, there are receivers having better rookie years than Sammy, Beckham is one of them, Evans is a good talent but he's in tampa.
I still think Buffalo was out of their mind for giving 2 first round picks for a WR (not even the best WR so far) in a deep,deep WR draft.
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
Yes, you still trade. Gilbert will come around - despite not having rookie star power (rookie CBs rarely do). If you go back you probably take somebody besides Gilbert at #8, but we can't go back and Gilbert barely has his feet wet in the NFL.
Right now, there are receivers having better rookie years than Sammy, Beckham is one of them, Evans is a good talent but he's in tampa.
I still think Buffalo was out of their mind for giving 2 first round picks for a WR (not even the best WR so far) in a deep,deep WR draft.
Yes, you still trade. Gilbert will come around - despite not having rookie star power (rookie CBs rarely do). If you go back you probably take somebody besides Gilbert at #8, but we can't go back and Gilbert barely has his feet wet in the NFL.
Right now, there are receivers having better rookie years than Sammy, Beckham is one of them, Evans is a good talent but he's in tampa.
I still think Buffalo was out of their mind for giving 2 first round picks for a WR (not even the best WR so far) in a deep,deep WR draft.
They only gave up 1 1st round pick (the 2015 pick). The other pick was a swap. Watkins does look elite, but he doesn't look like he's used properly. Evans looks elite as well - real elite
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
Are you taking to yourself? I have a hard time understanding your post
-
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
Are you taking to yourself? I have a hard time understanding your post
Are you taking to yourself? I have a hard time understanding your post
You don't take a player with your first pick because 1 player on your team is missing 10 games. If you weren't planning on taking a receiver before you found out about gordon then you don't after. If we were to redraft the obvious top choice would be Khalil Mack at #4
-
If you could redraft 2014, do we still trade? Given that the front office knew of Gordon, would you take sammy? Trade and take Beckham or mike Evans?
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
^^This. Redraft is Watkins or Mack. And if you forced me to make the decision I couldn't. Watkins would have been such a great target for Hoyer and stretched the field out for all our guys. And imagine Johnny extending the play out of the pocket and finding that freak downfield. But we've been Shiite at lb'er and it's cost us more than not having a #1 receiver.
-
Yes, you still trade. Gilbert will come around - despite not having rookie star power (rookie CBs rarely do). If you go back you probably take somebody besides Gilbert at #8, but we can't go back and Gilbert barely has his feet wet in the NFL.
Right now, there are receivers having better rookie years than Sammy, Beckham is one of them, Evans is a good talent but he's in tampa.
I still think Buffalo was out of their mind for giving 2 first round picks for a WR (not even the best WR so far) in a deep,deep WR draft.
They only gave up 1 1st round pick (the 2015 pick). The other pick was a swap. Watkins does look elite, but he doesn't look like he's used properly. Evans looks elite as well - real elite
They only gave up 1 1st round pick (the 2015 pick). The other pick was a swap. Watkins does look elite, but he doesn't look like he's used properly. Evans looks elite as well - real elite
They used 2 first round draft picks to get him that's what I'm saying. They spent 2 first round picks on watkins (call it their #8 and 2015's) - a foolish move in hind sight considering how deep this WR draft. Watkins has had questions about work ethic and locker room issues already - and hasn't performed against the best. Not my favorite WR of the 2014 class, or even close at this point.
Watkins is good, but they could have kept their 2015 1st and had Beckham, K. Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, etc. Not worth it, but I 100% believe we got the better of Buffalo in that deal. I'm not calling Gilbert a bust yet like some are though.
If we're going to talk about going back in time, I still move down to #8. We'd have many options there including Beckham, Mosley, Shazier. No friggin way you go back in time, don't trade down, and take Watkins. It would definitely be Khalil Mack.
-
If you knew gordon was missing 10 games, you'd spend your top pick on a receiver? Oy vey... I wanted Sammy Watkins to begin with. If I wanted another player that wouldn't have changed because 1 guy is out a few games. You dope. If we redrafted it would definitely have to be Khalil Mack
^^This. Redraft is Watkins or Mack. And if you forced me to make the decision I couldn't. Watkins would have been such a great target for Hoyer and stretched the field out for all our guys. And imagine Johnny extending the play out of the pocket and finding that freak downfield. But we've been Shiite at lb'er and it's cost us more than not having a #1 receiver.
^^This. Redraft is Watkins or Mack. And if you forced me to make the decision I couldn't. Watkins would have been such a great target for Hoyer and stretched the field out for all our guys. And imagine Johnny extending the play out of the pocket and finding that freak downfield. But we've been Shiite at lb'er and it's cost us more than not having a #1 receiver.
Let's not forget that you're expecting this player to be on your team the next 10 years.. Khalil Mack right now looks like the guy. Receivers are a dime a dozen and we already have our top dog in gordon. I admittedly wanted Watkins to begin with but looking back he'd have been a waste of a pick IMO. Khalil Mack would've been awesome for this team
-
Gordon on Sammy/Mike Evans would be what the Bears have (on steroids). Plus, with knowing gordon was looking at a significant (if not year long) suspension, WR should've been considered.
-
Gordon on Sammy/Mike Evans would be what the Bears have (on steroids). Plus, with knowing gordon was looking at a significant (if not year long) suspension, WR should've been considered.
Gordon on Sammy/Mike Evans would be what the Bears have (on steroids). Plus, with knowing gordon was looking at a significant (if not year long) suspension, WR should've been considered.
Not with our first pick, if they weren't already looking there. You don't spend a top 5 pick on a player solely because 1 player on your team might miss some games. I like them going for a corner there. Verdict is still out on Gilbert but it was good thinking to snatch him.. And of course, like I've said, in hindsight Mack was the pick
-
We didn't lose games because we were missing Gordon. Just like DA BEARS haven't won games because they have studs.
-
We didn't lose games because we were missing Gordon. Just like DA BEARS haven't won games because they have studs.
-
Is that we are really, really freakin happy that the Browns traded
Richardson to the Colts.
Seems that a rb taken a whole lot later, is at least a bit better
than he is.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-3-nfl-draft-pick-215042309.html
Why did we need another redraft thread?
Is that we are really, really freakin happy that the Browns traded Richardson to the Colts.
Seems that a rb taken a whole lot later, is at least a bit better than he is.
Hell, cal, RBs not taken at all have turned out to be better...
After a slow start I still remember TR's longish TD run vs. Cinci being his "breakout moment". Turned out is was "his moment".
Here's a Colts' forum thread on the latest bargain RB to pass TR... Seems they blame their owner for the TR trade.
-
To be fair to him, he wasn't *bad* with us - setting a bunch of rookie rushing records, for example. It's just that Banner thought he was overvalued, got a first out of him, and we ended up replacing his production with effectively a thrid-rounder and a UDFA.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login