Who do You want to start at QB vs. the Colts this Sunday?
-
We can speculate all we want in less than 24 hours we'll know what the choice is - supposedly.
-
I'd go with Manziel.
-
Hoyer.
Also, Johnny totally fumbled
-
Manziel because Brian Hoyer isn't good.
He's ranked dead last in QB rating. He's also inaccurate and doesn't complete many passes
-
-
Manziel because Brian Hoyer isn't good.
He's ranked dead last in QB rating. He's also inaccurate and doesn't complete many passes
Manziel because Brian Hoyer isn't good.
He's ranked dead last in QB rating. He's also inaccurate and doesn't complete many passes
If I had time i would go compile the various posts where you have said "I was wrong and Hoyer is good" along with " Hoyer sucks bring on Johnny" back and forth many times lol. You are the hindsight flip flop king.
Hoyer has seemed to regress and there is some merit to seeing what Johnny can do IF the coaches think he can execute enough plays to game plan and win games. Short of that perhaps they need to go with Hoyer and a Manziel package. All in all it would be interesting to see what Johnny can do.
-
I'd really switch it up and go with Connor Shaw.
That's what we did last year to spark the offense. Bump the third stringer up there.
-
I know who Billy voted for:
"You never know what he's going to do. You want a quarterback that can stay in the pocket and put it where it needs to be, but he's one of these guys that if his read's not there, he's going to take off and pick up what he can get," said Browns defensive end Billy Winn. "I was excited to see him get a chance to show the league what he can do. He went out there and made everything come to life."
-
Chuck say he know:

-
What I saw Sunday was not only a guy who lost his confidence, but a guy who lost control of the huddle. He sat on the sideline with the woe is me facial expressions and you could see his in eyes he knew the gig was up. I can understand some below average play but this is the reason more than anything why I think Manziel should start.
Edit: I'm chuckling to myself reading this comment because it sounds like a high school persuasive essay. I did learn something! haha
-
Hoyer - the team seems to rise up to competition and maybe even adversity?
Manzeal will have to wait (imo)
or at least (I hope not) til garbage time
edit - Pettine announces today right?
-
-
Who's placing bets in Vegas on it?
-
I go with Manziel because beyond this game, we need to know what we have in Manziel before the next off-season, and if he can show signs that he can be the franchise QB we've lacked since the Browns returned. Also, his skill-set allows us to compensate if either the running game or the pass protection doesn't play up to par. His arm strength should also allow the Browns to stretch the field more than Hoyer is capable of doing.
-
Osiris is correct. Unless the coach is seriously thinking that Brian Hoyer is his guy going into next year you might as well pull the trigger.
(and if he really honestly has no clue at this point in the season then it sounds a lot like the scatterbrained team Chud led.)
If theyre planning on some sort of Dipsy doodle to keep Indianapolis off balance I think that's probably stupid. Anyone will be able to tell by who gets the first team reps. And if it's Hoyer, who I think it will be, they aren't doing Johnny any favors if they go with the short leash and he hasn't had time to work with the first team.
My decision would be to start Johnny but I don't think they will.
WSS
-
-
JFF all the way.
-
I love what Hoyer has done for this team and I'll always appreciate his role in turning the Browns around. If he's the guy on Sunday, I'll cheer him on without hesitation. I totally understand why they would choose Hoyer.
If it were ME making the decision, I would start Manziel. I think the high-risk talent is our best chance of beating the Colts... aaaaaand there goes that. Hoyer staying.
-
I love what Hoyer has done for this team and I'll always appreciate his role in turning the Browns around. If he's the guy on Sunday, I'll cheer him on without hesitation. I totally understand why they would choose Hoyer.
If it were ME making the decision, I would start Manziel. I think the high-risk talent is our best chance of beating the Colts... aaaaaand there goes that. Hoyer staying.
I love what Hoyer has done for this team and I'll always appreciate his role in turning the Browns around. If he's the guy on Sunday, I'll cheer him on without hesitation. I totally understand why they would choose Hoyer.
If it were ME making the decision, I would start Manziel. I think the high-risk talent is our best chance of beating the Colts... aaaaaand there goes that. Hoyer staying.
lol...
The BIG vote has been cast...
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
