Cardinals to franchise Dansby
-
the most versatile LB we could've signed will remain a cardinal. they're gonna hit him with the tag for the second straight year and, more likely than not, hold on to the centerpiece of their defense.
though dansby would've likely commanded too much money for us to sign him and get anyone else, he would've driven the price down on other players. his being franchised drives up the price for other FA LBs.
this also means that kurt warner can test the market, but he'll likely find his best situation is to stay in the desert.
adam schefter broke the story.
-
The only thing I don't like about him is his history of Injury. I think he's only played one year in the NFL injury free. That is not good at all. I could be wrong about only playing one season injury free but I know he's been banged up a lot.
I started wondering if the Cardinals may let him go and instead go after one of the many good LB's in this draft...Laurinaitis would've have been a good fit in Dansby's place. But He probably wouldn't last to pick #31.
-
Saw this coming. Great LB...very smart. I too was hopeful he'd hit FA. Oh well.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login