Skip to content

It's Hoyer

The Browns Board
314 59 11.9k
  • Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didn't say it wasn't impressive. He did a nice job. Did you see the second drive when Buffalo's D was more ready for him? If not for a reversal he would have been responsible for them scoring 6 more points on defense. He went four and out. So he had one good drive and one not so good. Those are facts.

  • Seconding what Mark O said. That should end the thread (at least until Sun. night).

  • Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didn't say it wasn't impressive. He did a nice job. Did you see the second drive when Buffalo's D was more ready for him? If not for a reversal he would have been responsible for them scoring 6 more points on defense. He went four and out. So he had one good drive and one not so good. Those are facts.

    @hounddawg said:

    Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didn't say it wasn't impressive. He did a nice job. Did you see the second drive when Buffalo's D was more ready for him? If not for a reversal he would have been responsible for them scoring 6 more points on defense. He went four and out. So he had one good drive and one not so good. Those are facts.

    Now if Brian could just get one good drive for each 3 and out we should be in the superbowl! Go Browns!

  • Never mind. Johnny is the star and Hoyer is a POS.

    It's easy to pick apart the guy who has had all the drives this season and helped win more games than we've lost when the other has two drives to hang his hat on.

    I really wasn't trying to start a war between the two. It was a point to be made is all.

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.

    Me too.

    IMO, Hoyer doesn't handle it well once he's under a rush, but I will still support him & hope he plays well.

    What will piss me off is if some "alleged" Browns' Fans boo him & start the "Johnny" chants. That sort of negativity helps no one & it's not going to change the HCs mind, so let's just be POSITIVE 12th men on Sunday. Root for the TEAM, not just a player.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Me too.

    IMO, Hoyer doesn't handle it well once he's under a rush, but I will still support him & hope he plays well.

    What will piss me off is if some "alleged" Browns' Fans boo him & start the "Johnny" chants. That sort of negativity helps no one & it's not going to change the HCs mind, so let's just be POSITIVE 12th men on Sunday. Root for the TEAM, not just a player.

    Mike

    I see a lot more Johnny hate from the so-called Browns fans.

    Just saying...

    WSS

  • Yes I saw the second drive which was marred by a snap Johnny wasn't ready for. That was great defense, making the center snap the ball when Johnny wasn't ready for it. Who knows what happens if he catches that snap.

  • QOKU2BU.jpg

    Yes I know this is badly photoshopped I didn't make it just give it a rest jeesh.

  • Yes I saw the second drive which was marred by a snap Johnny wasn't ready for. That was great defense, making the center snap the ball when Johnny wasn't ready for it. Who knows what happens if he catches that snap.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Yes I saw the second drive which was marred by a snap Johnny wasn't ready for. That was great defense, making the center snap the ball when Johnny wasn't ready for it. Who knows what happens if he catches that snap.

    I think johnny played really well for coming in cold off the bench, I was impressed. That being said, that fumble was his fault. He motioned for the snap and then looked away. Its an understandable rookie mistake, but don't put it on the center, that was on johnny.

  • Its entirely possible Johnny took the blame to be a good teammate.. after all.. it was our 3rd string center.

    But yes.. it very well could have been him.. he said there was a "miscommunication with the snap count"

  • BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

    @everlastingxxx said:

    Pettine has compassion towards Hoyer. Yes or no? If you think his relationship with Brian has nothing to do with this decision then you are either naive or being intellectually dishonest. I also noted that Manziel is a risk. You conveniently deleted that from my original quote.

    Pettine also noted the decision was very close and that they are considering a Johnny package for this week.

    Yes i have followed the Browns all season. I have watched all the games, i have watched some games multiple times. Not sure why you keep questioning me on that.

    Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

    @texasag1969 said:

    BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

    Yup.

    @walterwhite said:

    Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    21? try 10 if Hoyer is playing poorly.

    @ballpeen said:

    Come on man, don't sound like a idiot....you sound like a fan boy. I'll bet you a box of doughnuts ri8ght now Hoyer isn't on the team next year.

    I am talking jelly and cream fill doughnuts, not just you basic glazed

    I'll up it to a bottle of wine 'Peen- you didn't say starter.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    He accomplished more on one possession than Hoyer did last week. Were all you Manziel haters even able to cheer when he lead that td drive?

    I said to myself, well gee, a nice drive against a prevent victory defense. Sort of a lukewarm, well nice enough, but we're still gonna lose this game.

    And his second drive? Well- he just looked like Hoyer. Don't make excuses "he wasn't ready". That's BS. If the exact same had happened to Hoyer on the bad snap you would have been all over Brian's case- for sure. That's a problem I have with Manzealot tunnel vision. Johnny turns the second drive into another TD, well, now we're talking.

    If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Pettine has compassion towards Hoyer. Yes or no? If you think his relationship with Brian has nothing to do with this decision then you are either naive or being intellectually dishonest. I also noted that Manziel is a risk. You conveniently deleted that from my original quote.

    Pettine also noted the decision was very close and that they are considering a Johnny package for this week.

    Yes i have followed the Browns all season. I have watched all the games, i have watched some games multiple times. Not sure why you keep questioning me on that.

    Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

    @texasag1969 said:

    BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

    Yup.

    @walterwhite said:

    Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    21? try 10 if Hoyer is playing poorly.

    @ballpeen said:

    Come on man, don't sound like a idiot....you sound like a fan boy. I'll bet you a box of doughnuts ri8ght now Hoyer isn't on the team next year.

    I am talking jelly and cream fill doughnuts, not just you basic glazed

    I'll up it to a bottle of wine 'Peen- you didn't say starter.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    He accomplished more on one possession than Hoyer did last week. Were all you Manziel haters even able to cheer when he lead that td drive?

    I said to myself, well gee, a nice drive against a prevent victory defense. Sort of a lukewarm, well nice enough, but we're still gonna lose this game.

    And his second drive? Well- he just looked like Hoyer. Don't make excuses "he wasn't ready". That's BS. If the exact same had happened to Hoyer on the bad snap you would have been all over Brian's case- for sure. That's a problem I have with Manzealot tunnel vision. Johnny turns the second drive into another TD, well, now we're talking.

    If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.

    @hoorta said:

    If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.

    Sanity is not allowed on this board. Either reform or head for the Tavern. 😛

  • The pedophilia homoeroticism continues for manziel. I'm just amazed, and extemely creeped out, when I read these comments.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Pettine has compassion towards Hoyer. Yes or no? If you think his relationship with Brian has nothing to do with this decision then you are either naive or being intellectually dishonest. I also noted that Manziel is a risk. You conveniently deleted that from my original quote.

    Pettine also noted the decision was very close and that they are considering a Johnny package for this week.

    Yes i have followed the Browns all season. I have watched all the games, i have watched some games multiple times. Not sure why you keep questioning me on that.

    Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

    @texasag1969 said:

    BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

    Yup.

    @walterwhite said:

    Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    21? try 10 if Hoyer is playing poorly.

    @ballpeen said:

    Come on man, don't sound like a idiot....you sound like a fan boy. I'll bet you a box of doughnuts ri8ght now Hoyer isn't on the team next year.

    I am talking jelly and cream fill doughnuts, not just you basic glazed

    I'll up it to a bottle of wine 'Peen- you didn't say starter.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    He accomplished more on one possession than Hoyer did last week. Were all you Manziel haters even able to cheer when he lead that td drive?

    I said to myself, well gee, a nice drive against a prevent victory defense. Sort of a lukewarm, well nice enough, but we're still gonna lose this game.

    And his second drive? Well- he just looked like Hoyer. Don't make excuses "he wasn't ready". That's BS. If the exact same had happened to Hoyer on the bad snap you would have been all over Brian's case- for sure. That's a problem I have with Manzealot tunnel vision. Johnny turns the second drive into another TD, well, now we're talking.

    If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.

    @hoorta said:

    Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

    My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".

    Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?

  • I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

  • @upper-lip said:

    Like I've already said on here, Cleveland has the dumbest, most irrational sports fan base in nation

    and with that comment you prove what a fuckwit you are.

    Cleveland has the most passionate fan base in all of professional sports, especially football you arrogant elitist twat.

    @walterwhite said:

    and with that comment you prove what a fuckwit you are.

    Cleveland has the most passionate fan base in all of professional sports, especially football you arrogant elitist twat.

    Cleveland does have a passionate fanbase. But he's right, a good half of it is comprised of Retards and assholes. Nobody's eats their own quite like Cleveland fans.

  • I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

    Do you honestly believe this team would win a playoff game with Johnny given the current state of this team? Thought not....

  • I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?

    welp, at least you can bring up that question.

  • Good to see everyone lining up behind our starting QB.

    Go Browns...

  • " If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct."

    That's good because Hoyer will need a lot more than 1 good series to beat Indy.

  • @hoorta said:

    Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.

    My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".

    Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?

    @tml1138 said:

    My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".

    Well goody. Procol Harum isn't a guitar centric band but it doesn't mean you want a guitar player who sucks...

    WSS