It's Hoyer
-
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
Hoyer has only started 16 games, but his numbers so far are Eli Manning-esque ... winner of not one, but two Super Bowls.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Hoyer has only started 16 games, but his numbers so far are Eli Manning-esque ... winner of not one, but two Super Bowls.
Zombo
Well lets say that when Brian Hoyer is named MVP of a couple Super Bowls I will put them in the same category. If and when that happens I'll drive to Florida to buy you a beer.
WSS
-
-
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
-
Zombo said:
Hoyer has only started 16 games, but his numbers so far are Eli Manning-esque ... winner of not one, but two Super Bowls.
Zombo
Well lets say that when Brian Hoyer is named MVP of a couple Super Bowls I will put them in the same category. If and when that happens I'll drive to Florida to buy you a beer.
WSS
Well lets say that when Brian Hoyer is named MVP of a couple Super Bowls I will put them in the same category. If and when that happens I'll drive to Florida to buy you a beer.
WSS
Fair enough, but you can't win any Super Bowls when you haven't finished a season yet, so isn't it an unfair premise to ask us to compare him to the current Super Bowl winning QBs in the first place?
He has similar game to Eli ... with the right defense, running game and a few lucky bounces who knows? I guess we'll find out if the plug isn't pulled.
Hoyer through 16 career starts is 10-6 4,287 yards, 18 Tds 16 Int, 79 Rating
Mannings first 16 starts he was 7-9, his first full year as a starter he had 3,762 yards 24Tds 16 Int 75.9 rating
Zombo
-
I wonder how many of the other teams with a 7-5 record are talking about replacing their QB?
-
The bills did
-
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.
WSS
-
I wonder how many of the other teams with a 7-5 record are talking about replacing their QB?
I wonder how many of the other teams with a 7-5 record are talking about replacing their QB?
How many are in last place in their division?
How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?
I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.
(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )
WSS
-
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
Rex Grossman. (you didn't say SB winning, just SB QB)
-
So if we are going with the non quarterback centric offense and claiming that Rodgers and Manning are aberrations in professional football, which Super Bowl quarterbacks in recent years have been approximately the same caliber as Brian Hoyer?
WSS
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
Well we lost two games with the pre Mac player by a total of five points.
WSS
-
Were those two losses better, or worse, than what you expected of this team as of Sept. 6?
-
Were those two losses better, or worse, than what you expected of this team as of Sept. 6?
Were those two losses better, or worse, than what you expected of this team as of Sept. 6?
Me?
I always expect, hope for, pray for, cross my fingers for and predict a good season.
I hate losing close games. And it troubles me to win close games if I thought we left points on the field. Understandable?
WSS
-
Aberrations? Did I imply "aberrations"? I think I implied exceptional as in examples of the ultimate QB-centric Offense.
Which Hoyer?
The pre-Mack-injury Hoyer, including 2013, when we had a "RB/PAP-centric" offensive attack, was comparable to Dilfer, Johnson and a few earlier examples that would undoubtedly stretch the limits of "recent".
There are no examples of the post-Mack Hoyer.
Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.
WSS
Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.
WSS
Well we lost two games with the pre Mac player by a total of five points.
WSS
I've seen a lot of double posts in my forum days, but the "forgot-I-already-replied-only-three-posts-earlier" double is a new one...
Anyway... neither Dilfer nor Johnson went undefeated during the regular season preceding their SB runs.
-
Sure, but as far as the current Hoyer vs. Manziel debate, those two losses actually gave me more hope in a good season with Hoyer. Comparing it to hypothetically having Rodgers, Luck, Manning, Brady, etc? Well, yeah, it would be different, although not tons different for the games with Andrew Hawkins has our No. 1 receiver and a center who just came in off the street.
-
Well two of the first losses were with Mack and we lost both games with a combined total of five points.
WSS
Well we lost two games with the pre Mac player by a total of five points.
WSS
I've seen a lot of double posts in my forum days, but the "forgot-I-already-replied-only-three-posts-earlier" double is a new one...
Anyway... neither Dilfer nor Johnson went undefeated during the regular season preceding their SB runs.
Sorry for my redundant post. If that's the first time its happened I'm surprised. Oh well.I've seen a lot of double posts in my forum days, but the "forgot-I-already-replied-only-three-posts-earlier" double is a new one...
Anyway... neither Dilfer nor Johnson went undefeated during the regular season preceding their SB runs.
I'm not demanding we go undefeated. I'm saying that it bothers me to lose a game by pocket change if a little better play would have won it. Or in the case of winning a squeaker. It would be nice to have a little cushion. I don't know why it upsets some of you guys.
Looks by the time stamp that I was distracted around 1 o'clock and probably forgot till I got back at 4.
WSS
-
i think given everything the browns have been up against this year the team has performed quite well. time to gel as a unit was obviously not there at the beginning of the season, especially on the defensive side. injuries, the suspension and injuries, the clamoring for QB change and injuries........i'm surprised we've got the record we do.
does the FO, pettine and staff along with all the brown's fan base wish we had a peyton manning, tom brady or aaron rodgers? of course we do. but have you seen any of those guys when they don't have time to throw? i have and they sure as hell don't look like world beaters. also i think pettine is doing the best he can given the fact that he has a QB on the bench that the owner leaned towards, half of friggin america wants to start and he has to weigh the fact the kid isn't as good as the eternal backup QB who is now our starter.
i hope they get this shit figured out in the offseason. i don't care who they cut ties with as long as we have a cemented starter who doesn't have to worry about some alfred e. neuman rookie making money signs from the bench. go with one or the other and ship the other off to france for all i care.
-
I wonder how many of the other teams with a 7-5 record are talking about replacing their QB?
How many are in last place in their division?
How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?
I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.
(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )
WSS
How many are in last place in their division?
How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?
I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.
(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )
WSS
I thought the Browns were tied for 2nd in the division?
If Hoyer shits to bed against the Colts, I would hope that JF plays out the season as a starter.
With a 12th ranked offense & an 18th ranked defense, I would say our record is indicative of an average team at this point.
However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.
-
How many are in last place in their division?
How many have quarterbacks rated in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league?
I'm not even talking about replacing him until next season. Still I think at the very least we'd want someone above average.
(and he might all of a sudden get better the last 4 games. If he does I wonder what the problem was up til now )
WSS
I thought the Browns were tied for 2nd in the division?
If Hoyer shits to bed against the Colts, I would hope that JF plays out the season as a starter.
With a 12th ranked offense & an 18th ranked defense, I would say our record is indicative of an average team at this point.
However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.
However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.
at the beginning of the year to say the depth at some positions would be a problem i might have agreed about the C but it just goes to show you how a team is bigger than the first guy in line. we need to replenish the DL and the OL next year. forget the big money FA RB bullshit. get us some beef on dem lines!
-
However, I'm still of the mindset that the Browns are more than just a QB away from being a good team.
at the beginning of the year to say the depth at some positions would be a problem i might have agreed about the C but it just goes to show you how a team is bigger than the first guy in line. we need to replenish the DL and the OL next year. forget the big money FA RB bullshit. get us some beef on dem lines!
at the beginning of the year to say the depth at some positions would be a problem i might have agreed about the C but it just goes to show you how a team is bigger than the first guy in line. we need to replenish the DL and the OL next year. forget the big money FA RB bullshit. get us some beef on dem lines!
I was thinking the same thing.
It must be the Browns fan in me to start thinking draft in December, but here's my 2 pennies.
The game is won & lost at the LOS, so with that in mind I'm thinking we're going to need 2 good DL and at least another stud OL.
With the remaining picks, we need help at linebacker.
-
this^^.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login