It's Hoyer
-
I was one of the few, not to Walter or Stockton's level, who wanted Manziel after Jax. It really had less to do with Hoyer's performance as it did with the reality of the NFL. As soon as Manziel came to Cleveland he was going to get AT LEAST an 8 game tryout. Hoyer was going to be looking over his shoulder all season long. Now we have the perfect storm, Hoyer will be gone unless he signs for peanuts to be the backup, Manziel will get significant minutes going forward but will be handed the keys to start next season and I think he is going to be average at best. So next year week 8 we still don't have a QB and we are a season and a half into the "Manziel Era". I hope I'm wrong about Manziel and he's the next Flutie but I really don't see it and I think if he showed it at all in practice he would've gotten a shot much earlier this season.
-
I was one of the few, not to Walter or Stockton's level, who wanted Manziel after Jax. It really had less to do with Hoyer's performance as it did with the reality of the NFL. As soon as Manziel came to Cleveland he was going to get AT LEAST an 8 game tryout. Hoyer was going to be looking over his shoulder all season long. Now we have the perfect storm, Hoyer will be gone unless he signs for peanuts to be the backup, Manziel will get significant minutes going forward but will be handed the keys to start next season and I think he is going to be average at best. So next year week 8 we still don't have a QB and we are a season and a half into the "Manziel Era". I hope I'm wrong about Manziel and he's the next Flutie but I really don't see it and I think if he showed it at all in practice he would've gotten a shot much earlier this season.
I was one of the few, not to Walter or Stockton's level, who wanted Manziel after Jax. It really had less to do with Hoyer's performance as it did with the reality of the NFL. As soon as Manziel came to Cleveland he was going to get AT LEAST an 8 game tryout. Hoyer was going to be looking over his shoulder all season long. Now we have the perfect storm, Hoyer will be gone unless he signs for peanuts to be the backup, Manziel will get significant minutes going forward but will be handed the keys to start next season and I think he is going to be average at best. So next year week 8 we still don't have a QB and we are a season and a half into the "Manziel Era". I hope I'm wrong about Manziel and he's the next Flutie but I really don't see it and I think if he showed it at all in practice he would've gotten a shot much earlier this season.
I was a Hoyer backer because he was winning games and made some last minute drives. Hoyer's strengths WERE (keyword) accuracy, quick throws, and reading the defense. Not sure what happened, maybe the knees or he couldn't handle the pressure. But i have lost faith in him and I believe he lost faith in himself. Time to move on. Thanks for the wins, but it's next man up.
-
I was one of the few, not to Walter or Stockton's level, who wanted Manziel after Jax. It really had less to do with Hoyer's performance as it did with the reality of the NFL. As soon as Manziel came to Cleveland he was going to get AT LEAST an 8 game tryout. Hoyer was going to be looking over his shoulder all season long. Now we have the perfect storm, Hoyer will be gone unless he signs for peanuts to be the backup, Manziel will get significant minutes going forward but will be handed the keys to start next season and I think he is going to be average at best. So next year week 8 we still don't have a QB and we are a season and a half into the "Manziel Era". I hope I'm wrong about Manziel and he's the next Flutie but I really don't see it and I think if he showed it at all in practice he would've gotten a shot much earlier this season.
I was a Hoyer backer because he was winning games and made some last minute drives. Hoyer's strengths WERE (keyword) accuracy, quick throws, and reading the defense. Not sure what happened, maybe the knees or he couldn't handle the pressure. But i have lost faith in him and I believe he lost faith in himself. Time to move on. Thanks for the wins, but it's next man up.
I was a Hoyer backer because he was winning games and made some last minute drives. Hoyer's strengths WERE (keyword) accuracy, quick throws, and reading the defense. Not sure what happened, maybe the knees or he couldn't handle the pressure. But i have lost faith in him and I believe he lost faith in himself. Time to move on. Thanks for the wins, but it's next man up.
It was hard on everyone because the team was winning games but we weren't beating anyone who was any good and the back office is paid to make the best decision for the franchise. I really think they were staying with the "hot hand" because the team hadn't won in such a long time. I hope I'm wrong because if that's the case this back office is really bad not willing to take the "patient" approach they preached all offseason for a 7-9 season. If they really looked at Hoyer's skill set and saw playoff win or future QB they are morons as well.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
Listening on radio, heard them saying he was throwing off his back foot a lot. His feet mechanics have been off.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
While I agree his footwork was off today, sports is a game of confidence and Hoyer lost his 3 games ago.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
While I agree his footwork was off today, sports is a game of confidence and Hoyer lost his 3 games ago.
While I agree his footwork was off today, sports is a game of confidence and Hoyer lost his 3 games ago.
Nailed it.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching.
Maybe so on the wild high throws, but like the above couple posts, I think there is problem lower, i.e., not stepping to his target, and not doing so by a wide margin. If 90 deg is directly at target, he was under 45 deg early and often.
What did you do to help a pitcher who was flying open early? Whatever it was, tell Brian before he steps on the field for us again... if he ever does.
-
Faded said:
The Browns would be better off if they would have kept Colt McCoy.
Yes because he did so well here and is doing just as well for redskins. Dude can't handle the weather outside Texas.
-
My Name is Hoyer and I'm here to say,
I just don't feel like being benched today.
The Defense came out Smokin
They had scored Fourteen
Now it was up to me,
Just ask Pettine
I threw some interceptions
And couldn't complete a pass
But is that any reason to kick me in the ass?
Ok, we lost another
But what is all the Fuss?
Just because Inthrew my teammates under the bus
It was windy on the field and they ran the wrong routes
What was I supposed to do
I'm not Dan Fouts!
Next week will be different
You can put that in the vault
But just in case we lose
It's not my fault
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
-
Faded said:
Actually I was just getting ready to quote his stats from this year to you until I saw what he did today against the Rams. Nevermind...
Liked the kid and thought he had an uphill battle ever since coming here. Buy his daddy and his lack of arm convinced me that he just can't handle it.
The only stat that matter is w. Stats are for fantasy football and little boys.
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
What you drinking at the bar? Shirley temples? No way you're of drinking age.
-
Mik anybody that clamors for an injury to any Browns player can suck my dick.
But let's not make the decision just because you're mad about Johnny. I think the Alfred E Newman line pretty much sums up your opinion and many of the guys here.
Personally I want to see the money sign 5 times every game at least.
Somebody bitched to "act like you've been there before". Well he hasn't. First time in an NFL end zone? What would you do? Apologize?
As for smarmy music I'm sure I've written some shit that would make you cringe from embarrassment.

WSS
i hope you don't think i;m rooting for someone to get hurt, just the opposite. if the browns were healthy at all positions right now i think we'd have 3 more in the wins column and be winning the division.
the alfred e. neuman thing was more a joke even though he reminds me of the guy on the cover of mad magazine, with that stupid smirk i see him wearing on the sideline. but looks and immaturity don't bother me if you can win the frickin game. like i've said before, pull a bum out of the gutter if he can win you games consistently. do i love how the kid puts himself out there in the public eye? no. but i understand that this is a new age of self promotion. hell this is the age of selfies and internet bullying so an athlete trying to make money by being out there is fine. just don't get caught doing something stupid that will come back and bite you in the arse.
there were plenty of people getting on gordon after the taunting penalty. most of it was in the tavern during the game. after the loss it didn't carry over to the other part of this forum prob because we were more upset with hoyer's play.
and your music isn't smarmy, if it is then i like smarmy music i guess. on the other hand your stance on the QB situation is befuddling to me. i see posts where your pro hoyer "love the cleveland kid. he's one of us." then it's as if you can't wait to see him gone and ticked that others are pulling for him. that's where the smarm comes in.
but as you said a lot of thing will be cleared up after this game, and i for one can't wait for whatever it is to happen. just get it done. god forbid another off/preseason of not knowing who your QB is. and if i hear the words QB competition next year i'll prob do a dave carradine.
As far as rooting for injuries, no Mik, of course I wasn't talking about you, I was agreeing with you.i hope you don't think i;m rooting for someone to get hurt, just the opposite. if the browns were healthy at all positions right now i think we'd have 3 more in the wins column and be winning the division.
the alfred e. neuman thing was more a joke even though he reminds me of the guy on the cover of mad magazine, with that stupid smirk i see him wearing on the sideline. but looks and immaturity don't bother me if you can win the frickin game. like i've said before, pull a bum out of the gutter if he can win you games consistently. do i love how the kid puts himself out there in the public eye? no. but i understand that this is a new age of self promotion. hell this is the age of selfies and internet bullying so an athlete trying to make money by being out there is fine. just don't get caught doing something stupid that will come back and bite you in the arse.
there were plenty of people getting on gordon after the taunting penalty. most of it was in the tavern during the game. after the loss it didn't carry over to the other part of this forum prob because we were more upset with hoyer's play.
and your music isn't smarmy, if it is then i like smarmy music i guess. on the other hand your stance on the QB situation is befuddling to me. i see posts where your pro hoyer "love the cleveland kid. he's one of us." then it's as if you can't wait to see him gone and ticked that others are pulling for him. that's where the smarm comes in.
but as you said a lot of thing will be cleared up after this game, and i for one can't wait for whatever it is to happen. just get it done. god forbid another off/preseason of not knowing who your QB is. and if i hear the words QB competition next year i'll prob do a dave carradine.
But yes I probably send mixed messages. I'm just a Browns fan and sometimes it pisses me off the other Browns fans are such hateful motherfuckers.
Like I've said I've rooted for Brady Quinn Charlie Frye and whoever is under center. Around here if you root for a player it seems you get accused of wanting to suck his dick and you were supposed to hate whoever else is waiting in the wings. I think that's bullshit. I really liked Brian Hoyer and really really wished he didn't suck. But I don't hate the guy. I drank the Johnny football Kool Aid a couple weeks before the draft. I don't give a fuck if he chases pussy and gets hammered unless it's on Bud Light.

So I tend to defend the guy that plays for the browns. That included Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell. And it breaks my heart that Brian Hoyer is going to lose his dream job. But that doesn't mean I have to hate Johnny.
And guys likeTour2ma probably know a lot more about the X's and O's than I do.
I haven't played a down since junior high school and I sucked then. On the other hand listening to sports talk and reading the paper it seems like there are plenty of guys making a damn good living who don't know jack shit either. Not to mention coaching staffs who haven't got a fucking clue about who should start. Look at last season. Nobody had any idea and they are professionals.
Anyway but for me it's just a knee jerk reaction to defend guys who I believe aren't getting a fair shot (or are being unfairly attacked for bullshit reasons) whether they succeed somewhere else or not.
Nobody made excuses for Brandon Weeden and that team was a real piece of shit compared to this one.
I'm a Browns fan but not an NFL fan. I don't know that I've watched many games in my life that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.
Make sense?
WSS
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
Why waste it? Show up and do the money sign and chant for Johnny. Punch a Bengals fan in the face. Whatever. (Not being a smart ass here, I just don't understand your way of thinking.)
-
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
-
ManzielSucks said:
I was holding out hope Hoyer could do something. Now the Browns have to draft yet another QB next year. Keep wasting draft picks...
You're not even a Browns fan, you're a troll fuck, stop posting you waste of a heartbeat.
-
ManzielSucks said:
I was holding out hope Hoyer could do something. Now the Browns have to draft yet another QB next year. Keep wasting draft picks...
I keep wasting my time reading your idiotic posts.
-
-
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???
Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.
Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login