It's Hoyer
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
While I agree his footwork was off today, sports is a game of confidence and Hoyer lost his 3 games ago.
While I agree his footwork was off today, sports is a game of confidence and Hoyer lost his 3 games ago.
Nailed it.
-
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching. Seems like Hoyer started throwing a few degrees more overhand which led to a lot more overthrowws. The last 3-4 games he has been sailing the ball well over the heads of his receivers.
Seems like his motion changed. I am a baseball guy. Was a catcher in college, and coached college aged players for a decade or more, so I get pitching.
Maybe so on the wild high throws, but like the above couple posts, I think there is problem lower, i.e., not stepping to his target, and not doing so by a wide margin. If 90 deg is directly at target, he was under 45 deg early and often.
What did you do to help a pitcher who was flying open early? Whatever it was, tell Brian before he steps on the field for us again... if he ever does.
-
Faded said:
The Browns would be better off if they would have kept Colt McCoy.
Yes because he did so well here and is doing just as well for redskins. Dude can't handle the weather outside Texas.
-
My Name is Hoyer and I'm here to say,
I just don't feel like being benched today.
The Defense came out Smokin
They had scored Fourteen
Now it was up to me,
Just ask Pettine
I threw some interceptions
And couldn't complete a pass
But is that any reason to kick me in the ass?
Ok, we lost another
But what is all the Fuss?
Just because Inthrew my teammates under the bus
It was windy on the field and they ran the wrong routes
What was I supposed to do
I'm not Dan Fouts!
Next week will be different
You can put that in the vault
But just in case we lose
It's not my fault
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
-
Faded said:
Actually I was just getting ready to quote his stats from this year to you until I saw what he did today against the Rams. Nevermind...
Liked the kid and thought he had an uphill battle ever since coming here. Buy his daddy and his lack of arm convinced me that he just can't handle it.
The only stat that matter is w. Stats are for fantasy football and little boys.
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
What you drinking at the bar? Shirley temples? No way you're of drinking age.
-
Mik anybody that clamors for an injury to any Browns player can suck my dick.
But let's not make the decision just because you're mad about Johnny. I think the Alfred E Newman line pretty much sums up your opinion and many of the guys here.
Personally I want to see the money sign 5 times every game at least.
Somebody bitched to "act like you've been there before". Well he hasn't. First time in an NFL end zone? What would you do? Apologize?
As for smarmy music I'm sure I've written some shit that would make you cringe from embarrassment.

WSS
i hope you don't think i;m rooting for someone to get hurt, just the opposite. if the browns were healthy at all positions right now i think we'd have 3 more in the wins column and be winning the division.
the alfred e. neuman thing was more a joke even though he reminds me of the guy on the cover of mad magazine, with that stupid smirk i see him wearing on the sideline. but looks and immaturity don't bother me if you can win the frickin game. like i've said before, pull a bum out of the gutter if he can win you games consistently. do i love how the kid puts himself out there in the public eye? no. but i understand that this is a new age of self promotion. hell this is the age of selfies and internet bullying so an athlete trying to make money by being out there is fine. just don't get caught doing something stupid that will come back and bite you in the arse.
there were plenty of people getting on gordon after the taunting penalty. most of it was in the tavern during the game. after the loss it didn't carry over to the other part of this forum prob because we were more upset with hoyer's play.
and your music isn't smarmy, if it is then i like smarmy music i guess. on the other hand your stance on the QB situation is befuddling to me. i see posts where your pro hoyer "love the cleveland kid. he's one of us." then it's as if you can't wait to see him gone and ticked that others are pulling for him. that's where the smarm comes in.
but as you said a lot of thing will be cleared up after this game, and i for one can't wait for whatever it is to happen. just get it done. god forbid another off/preseason of not knowing who your QB is. and if i hear the words QB competition next year i'll prob do a dave carradine.
As far as rooting for injuries, no Mik, of course I wasn't talking about you, I was agreeing with you.i hope you don't think i;m rooting for someone to get hurt, just the opposite. if the browns were healthy at all positions right now i think we'd have 3 more in the wins column and be winning the division.
the alfred e. neuman thing was more a joke even though he reminds me of the guy on the cover of mad magazine, with that stupid smirk i see him wearing on the sideline. but looks and immaturity don't bother me if you can win the frickin game. like i've said before, pull a bum out of the gutter if he can win you games consistently. do i love how the kid puts himself out there in the public eye? no. but i understand that this is a new age of self promotion. hell this is the age of selfies and internet bullying so an athlete trying to make money by being out there is fine. just don't get caught doing something stupid that will come back and bite you in the arse.
there were plenty of people getting on gordon after the taunting penalty. most of it was in the tavern during the game. after the loss it didn't carry over to the other part of this forum prob because we were more upset with hoyer's play.
and your music isn't smarmy, if it is then i like smarmy music i guess. on the other hand your stance on the QB situation is befuddling to me. i see posts where your pro hoyer "love the cleveland kid. he's one of us." then it's as if you can't wait to see him gone and ticked that others are pulling for him. that's where the smarm comes in.
but as you said a lot of thing will be cleared up after this game, and i for one can't wait for whatever it is to happen. just get it done. god forbid another off/preseason of not knowing who your QB is. and if i hear the words QB competition next year i'll prob do a dave carradine.
But yes I probably send mixed messages. I'm just a Browns fan and sometimes it pisses me off the other Browns fans are such hateful motherfuckers.
Like I've said I've rooted for Brady Quinn Charlie Frye and whoever is under center. Around here if you root for a player it seems you get accused of wanting to suck his dick and you were supposed to hate whoever else is waiting in the wings. I think that's bullshit. I really liked Brian Hoyer and really really wished he didn't suck. But I don't hate the guy. I drank the Johnny football Kool Aid a couple weeks before the draft. I don't give a fuck if he chases pussy and gets hammered unless it's on Bud Light.

So I tend to defend the guy that plays for the browns. That included Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell. And it breaks my heart that Brian Hoyer is going to lose his dream job. But that doesn't mean I have to hate Johnny.
And guys likeTour2ma probably know a lot more about the X's and O's than I do.
I haven't played a down since junior high school and I sucked then. On the other hand listening to sports talk and reading the paper it seems like there are plenty of guys making a damn good living who don't know jack shit either. Not to mention coaching staffs who haven't got a fucking clue about who should start. Look at last season. Nobody had any idea and they are professionals.
Anyway but for me it's just a knee jerk reaction to defend guys who I believe aren't getting a fair shot (or are being unfairly attacked for bullshit reasons) whether they succeed somewhere else or not.
Nobody made excuses for Brandon Weeden and that team was a real piece of shit compared to this one.
I'm a Browns fan but not an NFL fan. I don't know that I've watched many games in my life that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.
Make sense?
WSS
-
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder and they said Hoyer was starting Sunday vs Cincinnati, I wouldn't go. I wouldn't even waste my time. Yeah I'm a bad fan blah blah blah but he's so fucking miserable to watch at the bar let alone in person.
If he starts Sunday I usually go to The Browns Backers bar of whatever city I'm in, I'd rather just stay home and stream it to not waste money or time to go out drinking.
Why waste it? Show up and do the money sign and chant for Johnny. Punch a Bengals fan in the face. Whatever. (Not being a smart ass here, I just don't understand your way of thinking.)
-
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
-
ManzielSucks said:
I was holding out hope Hoyer could do something. Now the Browns have to draft yet another QB next year. Keep wasting draft picks...
You're not even a Browns fan, you're a troll fuck, stop posting you waste of a heartbeat.
-
ManzielSucks said:
I was holding out hope Hoyer could do something. Now the Browns have to draft yet another QB next year. Keep wasting draft picks...
I keep wasting my time reading your idiotic posts.
-
-
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???
Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.
Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.
-
Be advised, just because one guy is not cuttin it doesn't mean the other guy is going too. & the fact that i saw a lot of "threw the hands" passes, "lame attempt" passes (gordon), & dropped passes yesterday, we may be setting outselves up for more disappointment. Yesterday was extremely frustrating. I picked the Browns to win. Most know why now. The D is amazing. Although i'll say it's johnny time, i still don't think Hoyer got a fair amount of respect for what he did. Anderson was not a good qb, but quinn was not ready. You know how that went. Does johnny know what a playbook is yet? NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That just gets you in the door. Rule one with me. I judge by pro performance & johnny did exactly what o thought. 1 good drive, & one drive of rookie mistakes...... Lets see what johnny can do.
One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???
Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.
Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.
One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???
Try 7 points in 1 quarter. That's 28 for the game. Hoyer has led the team to 7 points once in the last 29 drives.
Browns will be MUCH better on offense with Johnny. It won't be boring either.
Just 28? Cmon man. By your logic he'd have way more. That was 7 points in what 5 minutes? 60 minutes per game. Browns have ball for half the game so 30 min. That's 6 scores in 30 min making it 42 points.
Don't short change the guy. Johnny the whole game would have been 42 points.
-
Anyone can do that when the D didn't have a week to prepare. & he scambled most of that drive. That stuff ain't gonna fly that much. He neeeeeds to get with the playbook. Thats all, get with the playbook.
-
Anyone can do that when the D didn't have a week to prepare. & he scambled most of that drive. That stuff ain't gonna fly that much. He neeeeeds to get with the playbook. Thats all, get with the playbook.
Anyone can do that when the D didn't have a week to prepare. & he scambled most of that drive. That stuff ain't gonna fly that much. He neeeeeds to get with the playbook. Thats all, get with the playbook.
this stupid mentality is just killing us......just accept the fact that hoyer can't cut it...it's been obvious for weeks......
-
My two sense. 38 year Browns fan. I have to say that the Browns fan base is the best & most loyal fan base around. That said, the younger generation fans are impatient, reactionary & have very little insight or foresight for a football franchise. I do believe the coaching staff is making the decision that will yield better results in the long run.
Brian Hoyer has offered the Browns something they haven't had in years. He put the Browns in a position this late in the season to at least flirt with the playoffs. He beat Pittsburgh (almost twice), he beat Cincy, & nearly beat the Ravens. He's smart, & a great game manager. He takes calculated risks & can shine late when the game is on the line, but he only works when the team is working. The reason people THINK he's bad: Every game there has been a suspension (Gordon), a significant injury (too many to list), a trade (Tate), & in general several changes to positioned players.... Hell, they keep changing the guy who snaps him the ball. Anyhow, Brian Hoyer has dealt with it in an amazing way, but here is the issue. The team is wittled down. He has less protection now than ever. He lost two receivers, a TE, & a center amongst others. When the TEAM works, he wins. When the running game stops, & the protection breaks down, Hoyer has problems, but that is hardly all on him. The defensive lines of Jax, & Bills were good. There was nothing Browns could do & Manziel wasn't the answer despite his good drive, & his inexperienced blunder drive. One other issue (& this might sound crazy to some) is Gordon. When Gordon came in, Hoyer went from the "hit the man who's open" guy to the "hit Gordon" guy. This messed Hoyer up big time. Opposing teams are double teaming Gordon number one. Number two, Gordon admitted that he didn't yet have his routes down which has resulted in many incompletions & a couple interceptions (Atlanta, & Buffalo). Despite all this, Hoyer is getting pressure from all sides to give Gordon first looks & more throws. This is not good. Alls Gordon has to do is be on the field. That free's the others up. Hoyer should go back to the "hit the man who's open" guy. Way too many first looks. He is going to Gordon way too much. I'm not saying don't throw to Gordon. I'm saying, let the run game work, then throw to the open man. When they least expect it, hit Gordon stategically for a deep strike, NOT early & often. Gordon will get better, but until then, let Hoyer hit the open man.
Browns Colts: It is not a crazy unheard of wacky idea that the Browns come out with a win. Not saying they will win but think about it. The best team IMO that the Colts beat were the Ravens. Colts did crush Cincy, but so did the Browns. Other than that, Colts crushed crappy teams in their own division, & lost big to elite teams. Their running game is subpar, which helps the Browns because that is a weak spot for us. That said, they will not run on the Browns. It's all on Luck. Their pass game is obviously good, but they may not be expecting our pass D. Our pass D has been nothing less than great, even in the Browns losses. They stop drives & make teams settle for field goals more often than not. Luck will get his, but it certainly won't be as easy as most other teams they played this year. I believe that they can be exposed with a great pass D & some pressure from "Freddy" Kruger on 3rd downs. (just sayin)
Browns: The run will work tomorrow. I am confident in saying that. & when the run works, Hoyer works. Gordon said that he has his routes down better, & the Colts are without one of their best corners. THE RUN HAS TO WORK OR ELSE NOTHING WORKS.
Manziel: Let him marinate at least until we are out of playoff contention. Manziel is going to do some good things, but he is also going to do some bad inexperienced things. That couldn't be more clear in Buffalo. Moreover than that, what would the Browns couching staff look like if he scrambled this year & got hurt? LAUGHING STOCK. Also, he still needs to learn the playbook. I noticed that his scrambling just covers up the fact that he doesn't know it yet. I can tell. He doesn't give looks as if he's looking for something. He's always itchin to run it. Next thing.....Think about next year. Think about the guys coming back from injury, the draft picks, more protection, a whole year of learning the book under his belt. It will not be a new coaching staff or a new system. It's the better move, but the impatient fans (along with the media which I wish didn't exist at all) want to just throw him in for what I think is entertainment value & not stategic planning.
To conclude: Hoyer great when run works, protection is there, & he gives all receivers a look like he used too.
Trap game against Colts not out of the realm of possibility.
Let Hoyer take it until Browns are mathmaticly eliminated. He beat Cincy, He beat Pittsburgh, He came damn close to beating the Ravens and will have another chance. He kept us in contention. Sounds silly that Browns fans want to pull him after all the years of bad luck before him. Doesn't make sense. Not only that, the team has injuries. Hardly the time to put a rookie in...... but hell, If Hoyer himself looks like Dawgshit or blows it at some point, put Manzeil in. Not going to defend dawgshit.
Just my opinion. Hopefully some of these points are still relevant after the game. haha
He's smart, & a great game manager. He takes calculated risks & can shine late when the game is on the line, but he only works when the team is working.
Still think it was a great early post, but wanted to take one exception. Hoyer was a great game manager, but as the team level declined so did his "management". His footwork deteriorated then returned as his reads deteriorated then was returning as his footwork went south again. It was a see-saw of two issues... it was stealing his confidence... and that spelled the end.
Whether all this happened because of the added pressure on his limited game or an injury or whatever, it does not matter. At the end the only consistency in his game was that it was insufficient to keep us winning.
I'm probably going to get A LOT of shit for this but if I were a season ticket holder...
Yes... quite a lot...
One good drive and one drive of rookie mistakes???
Ready when you are for the dissection...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login