It's Hoyer
-
A lot of things I don't get here. Why the need to deliberate and cause all this commotion. Why not say, as long as we still believe we have a shot at the playoffs, BH is our quarterback. I always maintain the right to switch QBs during a game if I feel that it is for the benefit of the team, but right now BH is our starter (and just stick to it)?
Having watched the first half against Buffalo twice, I thought Brian was executing well. we should have had a 13-3 lead by early third quarter but we were up only 3-0 and that wasn't Hoyers fault. Then everything fell apart - especially the West fumble.
Anyway, if we don't win this Sunday and our division rivals do, then the odds increase that Hoyer will be benched for good. If he is not, and we lose both home games over the next two Sundays , the Hoyer era will officially end.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
You take one part of my comment out of context to create a fake argument to attack. I didnt say it was the only reason the coach used to make his choice. Per his press conference, he did talk to Hoyer. Logic would tell you Brian repeated much of what he said to the media to Pettine.
He met with both QBs to inform them of the decision which per today's presser was based upon "who gives us the best chance to win". How you could have followed the team all year and known so little about Pettine is hard to understand.
Your original post was fine, but you had to insert one flight of fantasy. We both know why you had to. Regardless since I "attacked" a fantasy, I guess that makes my attack "fake".
The last word will be yours if you wish...
Go Browns...
-
This is like going on the date of your dreams and choosing to drive a 2009 Ford Focus instead of picking her up in the 2014 Lamborghini Avendentor that's parked in the garage. Then you get to the Restaurant and opt for the Vegan Cobb Salad instead of the medium rare Porterhouse with Jumbo Clown shrimp. You finally get her home and she offers to blow you but you opt out for a friendly peck on the cheek and choose to remain in the friend zone.
-
This is like going on the date of your dreams and choosing to drive a 2009 Ford Focus instead of picking her up in the 2014 Lamborghini Avendentor that's parked in the garage. Then you get to the Restaurant and opt for the Vegan Cobb Salad instead of the medium rare Porterhouse with Jumbo Clown shrimp. You finally get her home and she offers to blow you but you opt out for a friendly peck on the cheek and choose to remain in the friend zone.
This is like going on the date of your dreams and choosing to drive a 2009 Ford Focus instead of picking her up in the 2014 Lamborghini Avendentor that's parked in the garage. Then you get to the Restaurant and opt for the Vegan Cobb Salad instead of the medium rare Porterhouse with Jumbo Clown shrimp. You finally get her home and she offers to blow you but you opt out for a friendly peck on the cheek and choose to remain in the friend zone.
So.... Money Badger is giving out blow jobs?
-
This game is going to be a snooze fest.
-
" The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season."
Bb, wow, we agree for once. Cool. I think Johnny is the riskier move, but the reward could be greater. Just gotta beat the colts and end on a roll.
-
I just wanted to say this again..
7-5 is NOT a Brian Hoyer statistic.
It is a BROWNS TEAM statistic
-
For some reason I just cant get excited about Hoyer starting Sunday.
-
" The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season."
Bb, wow, we agree for once. Cool. I think Johnny is the riskier move, but the reward could be greater. Just gotta beat the colts and end on a roll.
" The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season."
Bb, wow, we agree for once. Cool. I think Johnny is the riskier move, but the reward could be greater. Just gotta beat the colts and end on a roll.
The thing about it is the colts are must win for us. If Brian doesn't win, or light it up losing you make the swap, hope to finish 10-6 which will give us a slim chance at a playoff berth.
I think if he doesn't perform in the first half, we're gonna see johnny play his first meaningful NFL football.
-
I just wanted to say this again..
7-5 is NOT a Brian Hoyer statistic.
It is a BROWNS TEAM statistic
I just wanted to say this again..
7-5 is NOT a Brian Hoyer statistic.
It is a BROWNS TEAM statistic
Yea we know, what do you want for pointing it out? I don't have any cookies.
Hoyer contributed to some of these wins in a big way, not right to take away all credit from him.
-
BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.
-
Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.
-
Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.
Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.
Well, his actual quote was " Brian gives us the best chance to win this week, against Indy"....
I listened to the pressy twice and heard him say that BH played great early and poorly as of late. Because he's had all the reps and we only have 4 games left and are in a playoff race, he deserves another chance to show us he can play great "again".....against Indy....
Makes sense. Admit Im a bit disappointed, as I really want to see jff....but I get it and am not surprised. I hope Brian finds his game again too.
But, I do believe if he doesn't shine, the hook will be quick......
-
He got pulled once this year.
Anyway, it isn't all brians fault. When this offense was clicking he had a 7TD 1INT (int that was a punt basically). Hopefully our offense can get back to that groove.
If we struggle moving the ball (or finishing in the red zone) early maybe we see the johnny package. Turnovers will get him canned early I think, though.
-
The more I think about it, the more I think this decision is more based on Hoyer than Johnny.
In other words, Hoyer has been the consummate pro, worked hard, contributed, played great in the last 3 minutes of games. No matter what Pettine's thoughts of who is better now, he is being loyal to the guy who lead them into the playoff race.
I get that and admire it, Hoyer should be rewarded for his work with this start in a huge game. As much as I want to see Johnny play, I get the logic of playing Hoyer.
-
We better slow Indy down because no way Hoyer puts up 35+ on them.
-
Ok. How many bad quarters until we hear "give us Barabbas?"
WSS
-
We already called for Barabbas.. Barabbas=Hoyer
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login