Skip to content

It's Hoyer

The Browns Board
314 59 11.9k
  • Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.

    @bone-thrower said:

    Pettine cannot keep pulling Hoyer out when he stinks it up. He made his choice today and should have to live with it for the next 4 games. " Brian gives us the best chance to win" so Pettine should be a ride or die coach and live with his mistake today.

    Well, his actual quote was " Brian gives us the best chance to win this week, against Indy"....

    I listened to the pressy twice and heard him say that BH played great early and poorly as of late. Because he's had all the reps and we only have 4 games left and are in a playoff race, he deserves another chance to show us he can play great "again".....against Indy....

    Makes sense. Admit Im a bit disappointed, as I really want to see jff....but I get it and am not surprised. I hope Brian finds his game again too.

    But, I do believe if he doesn't shine, the hook will be quick......

  • He got pulled once this year.

    Anyway, it isn't all brians fault. When this offense was clicking he had a 7TD 1INT (int that was a punt basically). Hopefully our offense can get back to that groove.

    If we struggle moving the ball (or finishing in the red zone) early maybe we see the johnny package. Turnovers will get him canned early I think, though.

  • The more I think about it, the more I think this decision is more based on Hoyer than Johnny.

    In other words, Hoyer has been the consummate pro, worked hard, contributed, played great in the last 3 minutes of games. No matter what Pettine's thoughts of who is better now, he is being loyal to the guy who lead them into the playoff race.

    I get that and admire it, Hoyer should be rewarded for his work with this start in a huge game. As much as I want to see Johnny play, I get the logic of playing Hoyer.

  • We better slow Indy down because no way Hoyer puts up 35+ on them.

  • Ok. How many bad quarters until we hear "give us Barabbas?"

    WSS

  • lol ...

    2014 Regular Season NFL Leaders

    PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR

    27 Brian Hoyer, CLE 40.2 -4.7 -13.7 1.4 23.2 482 33.8 -4.7 46.7

  • We already called for Barabbas.. Barabbas=Hoyer

  • If Hoyer plays like The Hoyer of late does he even make it to halftime?

  • No matter but the coach is going to really look like a dick if this doesn't work.

    WSS

  • The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home....

    @mudfly said:

    The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home....

    Was thinking the same thing Mud.

    We need the Hoyer that played the Steelers at home. And being that was Mack's last game, someone to fill those shoes so that Hoyer can return. Otherwise, find a way Brian. Find a way to win.

  • No matter but the coach is going to really look like a dick if this doesn't work.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No matter but the coach is going to really look like a dick if this doesn't work.

    WSS

    59260_franchise_icon0011.jpg

  • just to hear truck booms cry like a little bitch

  • best thing that could have happened for hoye is Austin going down. him and Gabriel had kind of a good Moxie going.

  • Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

  • I think JFF in by halftime at the latest.

  • Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

  • Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    @walterwhite said:

    Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    Only 21-0

  • The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home....

    @mudfly said:

    The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home...

    Agree... clutch in game situations, but as I remember Pre-season, not so great in job situations. BH did not show promise until named the starter. Let's hope the game factor outweighs the job factor...

    @texasag1969 said:

    BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

  • Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

    @bbedward said:

    Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

    Haha great reference.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    What sucks is Manziel will be thrown in later in the game after having no 1st string reps and having to pass every down. I say let Hoyer burn and crash the entire 60 minutes.

    There's a good Browns fan, right there.

    Zombo