Skip to content

T-Rich plans to jump in the Dawg Pound if he scores a TD

The Browns Board
41 26 1.8k
  • INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts running back Trent Richardson plans to jump into the Dawg Pound at FirstEnergy Stadium if he scores a touchdown against his former team, the Cleveland Browns, on Sunday.

    "I get in the end zone, get a touchdown, I'm going to jump in the Dawg Pound. I know I have some true fans out there, and I know they still love me," he said.

    The running back said he is "looking forward to going back to Cleveland" to play his former team.

    "I don't want to say it's a revenge game, but it's going to be a lot of emotion put in this game," he said.

    The Colts would simply like for Richardson to be effective.

    Colts general manager Ryan Grigson gave up a first-round draft pick to acquire Richardson from the Browns in September 2013 with the vision being that the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft would team with quarterback Andrew Luck, the top pick in that draft, for years to come.

    That hasn't been the case.

    Richardson is heading back to Cleveland this weekend struggling as the Colts' starting running back.

    He lost his starting job last season and is averaging 3.3 yards per carry this season, which is 45th in the league among running backs. Richardson has yet to rush for 100 yards in his 26 games with the Colts.

    Richardson has been outplayed by Daniel "Boom" Herron in each of the past two games. Richardson rushed for 12 yards on eight carries against the Washington Redskins, while Herron rushed for 88 yards on eight carries. Richardson rushed for zero yards on six carries against the New England Patriots on Nov. 16.

    "I always took this phrase from mom, uncle and auntie, 'You have to go through the worst to get to the good. It's going to be bad until you get to the good,'" Richardson said. "Staying with that, time is due for a great game."

    Colts coach Chuck Pagano was pressed Wednesday on why he continues to stick with Richardson as the starter.

    "Cause he's our starting running back," Pagano said twice in a 10-second span.

    TheOllieCT TheOllieC wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mark-o said:

    "I don't want to say it's a revenge game, but it's going to be a lot of emotion put in this game," he said.

    Ah, so he's going to average 3.4 yards per carry this game.

  • Dr.FootwearD Dr.Footwear wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I liked him coming out of college and I was happy when the Colts made the trade. I was wrong.

  • If he scores and jumps in your lap show him your love with a nice cold beer in the face

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jcam222 said:

    If he scores and jumps in your lap show him your love with a nice cold beer in the face

    You got that one right. It will be multiple beers, and it's supposed to be mid 40s game time.

  • If he scores and jumps in your lap show him your love with a nice cold beer in the face

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jcam222 said:

    If he scores and jumps in your lap show him your love with a nice cold beer in the face

    Pass it through the kidneys first. ..

    WSS

  • HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    He's dreaming. Dude couldn't find the end zone with a GPS. one of my fav comments from that article.

    The fact that he thinks we still love him in Cleveland is astonishing. Love him in a fall over laughing "wow we got out of jail with that pick" kind of way maybe.....

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Let's not get to boastful boys. We've made more than one backup running back look like Jim Brown so far...

    WSS

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I can understand him wanting to do so since he never got the chance while he played here.

  • @jcam222 said:

    If he scores and jumps in your lap show him your love with a nice cold beer in the face

    Pass it through the kidneys first. ..

    WSS

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @westside-steve said:

    Pass it through the kidneys first. ..

    WSS

    haha for real +1

  • I think we get our ass kicked this weekend. But not by Trich running.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think we get our ass kicked this weekend. But not by Trich running.

    Naw.

    The Browns will come out on top and make me send in my playoff game deposit ($460) just in time to put off Christmas shopping lol.

  • H Herewegobrownies19 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Article on NFL.com indicates that Josh Cribb is gonna jump in as well

  • Article on NFL.com indicates that Josh Cribb is gonna jump in as well

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @herewegobrownies19 said:

    Article on NFL.com indicates that Josh Cribb is gonna jump in as well

    If he scores, which is a pretty low chance.

    The fans love cribbs though, we have no reason to embrace Richardson.

  • @herewegobrownies19 said:

    Article on NFL.com indicates that Josh Cribb is gonna jump in as well

    If he scores, which is a pretty low chance.

    The fans love cribbs though, we have no reason to embrace Richardson.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by tml1138
    #26

    @bbedward said:

    If he scores, which is a pretty low chance.

    The fans love cribbs though, we have no reason to embrace Richardson.

    I give Cribbs a better shot at a TD than Richardson. And yes, Cleveland still loves Josh. Cleveland barely got to know Trent. Well, enough to know to give a quick goodbye...but you know what I mean. 🙂

  • @bbedward said:

    If he scores, which is a pretty low chance.

    The fans love cribbs though, we have no reason to embrace Richardson.

    I give Cribbs a better shot at a TD than Richardson. And yes, Cleveland still loves Josh. Cleveland barely got to know Trent. Well, enough to know to give a quick goodbye...but you know what I mean. 🙂

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tml1138 said:

    I give Cribbs a better shot at a TD than Richardson. And yes, Cleveland still loves Josh. Cleveland barely got to know Trent. Well, enough to know to give a quick goodbye...but you know what I mean. 🙂

    Trent's gonna prove you wrong these last 4 games, he said it himself.

    I don't see how the colts can defend him anymore tbh. They've put in practice squad backs who have done way better.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I wish we would have signed Cribbs. Man, like I said before, Pettine and Farmer missed the boat on that one. Regardless of skill still in the tank, Cribbs' return would have been like LeBron coming back. Still, I'm almost sick to have to see so many Quality guys on the loathsome Colts. Taking the field against us, it makes me sad. The only thing worse would be if Vickers joined them.

    I'm telling you, Trent gets a bad rep. You guys probably don't believe in him but you will see him this weekend. He's a machine and it's going to be a long day for our D if he gets amped.

    If Cribbs scores on us... I'll have a tear in my eye.

    DQ will be the consummate professional that he is. He represented us for years as player rep and always did good by Cleveland. His air-chamber sleeping bad/tent had me cracking up, but it worked. Worked his way back from 2 torn pects, to rep us in the probowl. A well-spoken gentleman.

    * I will you though that the loyalty and love for Cribbs and DQ far, FAR outweigh, any perceived(even if occasionally self-proclaimed) love for Trent. This will be a bittersweet moment indeed. I say that with full confidence that we are going to have to kick the living shit out of these motherfuckers! We will not be denied the playoffs. Win at all costs. This is OUR PLAYOFFS.

    This starts now... and continues until we raise the Lombardi trophy in ultimate victory!

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

  • I wish we would have signed Cribbs. Man, like I said before, Pettine and Farmer missed the boat on that one. Regardless of skill still in the tank, Cribbs' return would have been like LeBron coming back. Still, I'm almost sick to have to see so many Quality guys on the loathsome Colts. Taking the field against us, it makes me sad. The only thing worse would be if Vickers joined them.

    I'm telling you, Trent gets a bad rep. You guys probably don't believe in him but you will see him this weekend. He's a machine and it's going to be a long day for our D if he gets amped.

    If Cribbs scores on us... I'll have a tear in my eye.

    DQ will be the consummate professional that he is. He represented us for years as player rep and always did good by Cleveland. His air-chamber sleeping bad/tent had me cracking up, but it worked. Worked his way back from 2 torn pects, to rep us in the probowl. A well-spoken gentleman.

    * I will you though that the loyalty and love for Cribbs and DQ far, FAR outweigh, any perceived(even if occasionally self-proclaimed) love for Trent. This will be a bittersweet moment indeed. I say that with full confidence that we are going to have to kick the living shit out of these motherfuckers! We will not be denied the playoffs. Win at all costs. This is OUR PLAYOFFS.

    This starts now... and continues until we raise the Lombardi trophy in ultimate victory!

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @poeticg said:

    I wish we would have signed Cribbs. Man, like I said before, Pettine and Farmer missed the boat on that one. Regardless of skill still in the tank, Cribbs' return would have been like LeBron coming back. Still, I'm almost sick to have to see so many Quality guys on the loathsome Colts. Taking the field against us, it makes me sad. The only thing worse would be if Vickers joined them.

    it wouldn't have been like lebrons return, and vickers seriously?

    I'm telling you, Trent gets a bad rep. You guys probably don't believe in him but you will see him this weekend. He's a machine and it's going to be a long day for our D if he gets amped.

    Definitely a machine...every no name back on that team has been significantly better. They just are making the mistake of sticking with him because of how much they invested. He's playing for his future the rest of the year, which right now isn't very bright in the NFL

    If Cribbs scores on us... I'll have a tear in my eye.

    DQ will be the consummate professional that he is. He represented us for years as player rep and always did good by Cleveland. His air-chamber sleeping bad/tent had me cracking up, but it worked. Worked his way back from 2 torn pects, to rep us in the probowl. A well-spoken gentleman.

    * I will you though that the loyalty and love for Cribbs and DQ far, FAR outweigh, any perceived(even if occasionally self-proclaimed) love for Trent. This will be a bittersweet moment indeed. I say that with full confidence that we are going to have to kick the living shit out of these motherfuckers! We will not be denied the playoffs. Win at all costs. This is OUR PLAYOFFS.

    This starts now... and continues until we raise the Lombardi trophy in ultimate victory!

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

    Your love for Trent is nothing but confusing. We're gonna see more of their 6th round guy than Trent anyway.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    don't worry. we got johnny.

  • don't worry. we got johnny.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @miktoxic said:

    don't worry. we got johnny.

    If Manziel dove into the crowd he'd go head first into a set of 34D tits and chug someones beer.

    Kid's going to be a fucking star

  • @miktoxic said:

    don't worry. we got johnny.

    If Manziel dove into the crowd he'd go head first into a set of 34D tits and chug someones beer.

    Kid's going to be a fucking star

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @walterwhite said:

    If Manziel dove into the crowd he'd go head first into a set of 34D tits and chug someones beer.

    Kid's going to be a fucking star

    HA!

    you are too much man. hilarious!

    then he'd fuck pettine's wife or the bill's whore in your other thread.

  • H hurley09 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I found this article hilarious, Richardson talks about Cleveland giving up on him and how he's going to bring it:
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_trent_richard_32.html

    I think my favorite excerpt is this bit:

    Richardson cited a nagging hamstring injury and an illness -- he said "it gets really cold up this way, just like it does in Cleveland" -- as reasons for his underwhelming performance. He also claimed to have a lack of running holes, though Herron has racked up 153 yards on 20 carries over the last two weeks.

    "People talk down about me," Richardson said, "but I just laugh at them and say, 'God bless you.'"

    Richardson has totaled 54 yards on 27 carries over his last three games. He rushed six times for zero yards against New England on Nov. 16. He totaled eight carries and 12 yards last Sunday against Washington.

  • I found this article hilarious, Richardson talks about Cleveland giving up on him and how he's going to bring it:
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_trent_richard_32.html

    I think my favorite excerpt is this bit:

    Richardson cited a nagging hamstring injury and an illness -- he said "it gets really cold up this way, just like it does in Cleveland" -- as reasons for his underwhelming performance. He also claimed to have a lack of running holes, though Herron has racked up 153 yards on 20 carries over the last two weeks.

    "People talk down about me," Richardson said, "but I just laugh at them and say, 'God bless you.'"

    Richardson has totaled 54 yards on 27 carries over his last three games. He rushed six times for zero yards against New England on Nov. 16. He totaled eight carries and 12 yards last Sunday against Washington.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @hurley09 said:

    I found this article hilarious, Richardson talks about Cleveland giving up on him and how he's going to bring it:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_trent_richard_32.html

    I think my favorite excerpt is this bit:

    Richardson cited a nagging hamstring injury and an illness -- he said "it gets really cold up this way, just like it does in Cleveland" -- as reasons for his underwhelming performance. He also claimed to have a lack of running holes, though Herron has racked up 153 yards on 20 carries over the last two weeks.

    "People talk down about me," Richardson said, "but I just laugh at them and say, 'God bless you.'"

    Richardson has totaled 54 yards on 27 carries over his last three games. He rushed six times for zero yards against New England on Nov. 16. He totaled eight carries and 12 yards last Sunday against Washington.

    His cock is bigger than his brain.