Skip to content

15 worst owners in sports

The Browns Board
58 24 1.7k
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #1

    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/lists/the-15-worst-owners-in-sports-20141125/jimmy-haslam-cleveland-browns-20141125

    Uncle Jimmy on the list.

    15. Charles Wang, New York Islanders

    14. The Wilpons, New York Mets

    13. The Ricketts Family, Chicago Cubs

    12. Woody Johnson, New York Jets

    11. Jerry Richardson, Carolina Panthers

    10. David Glass, Kansas City Royals

    9. Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals

    8. Jimmy Haslam, Cleveland Browns

    7. Dan Gilbert, Cleveland Cavaliers

    6. Clay Bennett and Aubrey McClendon, Oklahoma City Thunder

    5. The DeVos Family, Orlando Magic

    4. Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys

    3. James Dolan, New York Knicks/Rangers

    2. Jeffrey Loria, Miami Marlins

    1. Daniel Snyder, Washington Redskins

  • Billy CoolB Billy Cool wrote on last edited by
    #2

    The worst of Cleveland's ownership isn't even on the list.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #4

    (and I assume you mean Dolan by the worst)

    WSS

  • Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @westside-steve said:

    Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

    Well, he's also basically fucked his franchise by trading everything for RG3, disrupting the balance between GM/HC and QB, and now the team is in an utter state. But yeah, I'm sure it's mostly the political correctness thing...

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #6

    I think Jimmy Haslam being on there is a stretch. He's 10x better than Randy Lerner. Where is the credit for firing Banner and Lombardi? For Hiring Pettine and promoting Farmer?

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Not really sure why Haslam is on there because it appears that his idea to wipe the slate has worked out for the team.

  • Not really sure why Haslam is on there because it appears that his idea to wipe the slate has worked out for the team.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Not really sure why Haslam is on there because it appears that his idea to wipe the slate has worked out for the team.

    This list is weighted on politics. More than what they actually do as a sports team owner. Because you're right, Jimmy had a rough rookie year as an owner, but he made it right quickly.

  • jim_brownJ jim_brown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    i got to agree that dan snyder is the worst....but to baltimore fans it will always be jim irsay, for sure.....hands down.....the cocksucking thief in the night.....

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Who gives a fuck what the Rolling Stone thinks?

  • Who gives a fuck what the Rolling Stone thinks?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who gives a fuck what the Rolling Stone thinks?

    Unfortunately 'TopRightNews' and 'TheBlaze' have yet to come out with the definitive list, so until then, we're stuck with this.

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I gotta say fArt Modell, He was such a terrible business man that he ran out of money and HAD to move the Browns. I met his wife once after a Browns game a loooooong time ago, she was a very nice lady.

  • I think Jimmy Haslam being on there is a stretch. He's 10x better than Randy Lerner. Where is the credit for firing Banner and Lombardi? For Hiring Pettine and promoting Farmer?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @osiris said:

    I think Jimmy Haslam being on there is a stretch. He's 10x better than Randy Lerner. Where is the credit for firing Banner and Lombardi? For Hiring Pettine and promoting Farmer?

    For that matter what exactly was the problem with Randy Lerner? He spent whatever he was asked to spend.

    Actually did what the fans wanted by hiring real football people and keeping his nose out of it.

    What is the bitch with Jimmy Haslam? Cleaned up his mess didn'the?

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

    Well, he's also basically fucked his franchise by trading everything for RG3, disrupting the balance between GM/HC and QB, and now the team is in an utter state. But yeah, I'm sure it's mostly the political correctness thing...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #14

    @gftchris said:

    Well, he's also basically fucked his franchise by trading everything for RG3, disrupting the balance between GM/HC and QB, and now the team is in an utter state. But yeah, I'm sure it's mostly the political correctness thing...

    Snark aside I'm sure it is too.

    When the president asks the Department of Justice (or Treasury or whoever) to fuck with a professional football team, and the periodical writing the list [wholeheartedly support that President], I'd say politics has a great deal to do with it.

    Not to mention all the idiot Browns fans squealing for us to make that deal....

    WSS

    -edit

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Really? The Richardsons from Carolina are on there? Why? Idiotic list.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who gives a fuck what the Rolling Stone thinks?

    Unfortunately 'TopRightNews' and 'TheBlaze' have yet to come out with the definitive list, so until then, we're stuck with this.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gftchris said:

    Unfortunately 'TopRightNews' and 'TheBlaze' have yet to come out with the definitive list, so until then, we're stuck with this.

    Little smart ass brit!

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I can't imagine this has anything to do with football.I can see haslam if you're talking about the truck stop rebates.

  • Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @westside-steve said:

    Lol

    I smell some politically correct jerk offery here.

    Dan Snider @ #1.

    I wonder what criteria comes to play here...

    WSS

    LOL, the Rolling Stone's political bent comes into play in that list. For those who never pick up an issue, it makes Barak Obama look like a conservative.

    @tml1138 said:

    This list is weighted on politics. More than what they actually do as a sports team owner. Because you're right, Jimmy had a rough rookie year as an owner, but he made it right quickly.

    Rolling Stone figures those owners are so rich, they should give everyone free tickets to the games.

  • i got to agree that dan snyder is the worst....but to baltimore fans it will always be jim irsay, for sure.....hands down.....the cocksucking thief in the night.....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jim_brown said:

    i got to agree that dan snyder is the worst....but to baltimore fans it will always be jim irsay, for sure.....hands down.....the cocksucking thief in the night.....

    You mean Robert Irsay, not Jim.

  • @osiris said:

    I think Jimmy Haslam being on there is a stretch. He's 10x better than Randy Lerner. Where is the credit for firing Banner and Lombardi? For Hiring Pettine and promoting Farmer?

    For that matter what exactly was the problem with Randy Lerner? He spent whatever he was asked to spend.

    Actually did what the fans wanted by hiring real football people and keeping his nose out of it.

    What is the bitch with Jimmy Haslam? Cleaned up his mess didn'the?

    WSS

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @westside-steve said:

    For that matter what exactly was the problem with Randy Lerner? He spent whatever he was asked to spend.

    Actually did what the fans wanted by hiring real football people and keeping his nose out of it.

    What is the bitch with Jimmy Haslam? Cleaned up his mess didn'the?

    WSS

    I thought Lerner was disengaged, not interested in the franchise all that much. Disengaged people don't make the best hiring decisions, IMO.

    And I wasn't bitching about Haslam, I was praising him. 🙂