Skip to content

James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

The Browns Board
15 9 1.4k
  • I have looked through several pages of this forum and have failed to find a thread on this player .

    Is it the fact that he played in a 4-3 defense , or is it because he plays for the Buckeyes , or is it that people here think we draft to high to figure him into our plans ?

    He is a very good player and I feel he would compliment DQ in a very positive way . His preparation and football savvy is also a plus . Why is nobody pimping him here ?

  • Laurinatis.................6'3 240

    Maualuga.................6'2 254

    Matthews.................6'3 246

    Well I guess a couple trips to dunkin doughnuts would give him that extra poundage . He is a 3 time all american , scholastic all american , very high rated character . I would prefer an Ohio boy over the more flawed character of Maualuga . As far as Clay Jr. it is a toss up . But I really like Animal Jr.

  • @inspecta said:

    Matthews and Laurinitis both have really high motors, and I like the way they both play, however just going by my eyeball test of the games I've seen them play in, I really like Matthews a lot. He has a nose for the ball and I saw him taking on linemen pretty regularly and winning.

    Where is Laurinitis expected to go?

    We can get Matthews in the 2nd round (hopefully)

    I would have no problem with Laurinitis in the 2nd if we missed out on Curry, hell even if we took Curry.
  • I have looked through several pages of this forum and have failed to find a thread on this player .

    Is it the fact that he played in a 4-3 defense , or is it because he plays for the Buckeyes , or is it that people here think we draft to high to figure him into our plans ?

    He is a very good player and I feel he would compliment DQ in a very positive way . His preparation and football savvy is also a plus . Why is nobody pimping him here ?

    @neweradawg said:

    I have looked through several pages of this forum and have failed to find a thread on this player .

    Is it the fact that he played in a 4-3 defense , or is it because he plays for the Buckeyes , or is it that people here think we draft to high to figure him into our plans ?

    He is a very good player and I feel he would compliment DQ in a very positive way . His preparation and football savvy is also a plus . Why is nobody pimping him here ?

    Mostly I think it's due to the fact that most believe his future is going to be as a 4-3 weakside linebacker.

    He has all the tools for that position. Just not the kind of guy that would be as successful in the middle of a 3-4 due to the fact that one of his weaknesses is shedding blocks. But his strengths are fluid hips, latteral quickness, cover ability, soft hands and pursuit.

    I think the Falcons are going release 33 year old Keith Brookings. If they do this they will have a dire need for a WLB.

    My prediction is that JL ends up there.

    I think JL doesn't get past the Giants. I thought the Cardinals may go after him if was still there but it's looking like they are going to franchis Dansby. I don't think it'll matter. I think the Falcons draft JL.

  • Most of what I've read has him going mid-late first round. So unless he slips to the 2nd we aren't interested. I've watched him quite a bit and he never really got me excited. Not sure why to be honest. I guess I too see him as a better fit in a 4-3.

  • yikes! these thread talking about guys and their "fluid hips" skeeve me out. 🤔

  • most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

  • most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

    @alendor said:

    most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

    Whoever JL falls to is going to get a hell of a LB.

    If he's still there at 5 in round 2, we would be Retarded not to take him.

  • most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

    @alendor said:

    most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

    Well most people that say that are just down on The Buckeyes anyhow . I am really not interested in their opinions .

    I am a Buckeye through and through . Just like the Browns. Any other way of seeing it would be uncivilized . 😎

  • @alendor said:

    most peole bought into the whole over rated stuff about OSU and figured laurinaitis and everyone on the team is over rated too

    Whoever JL falls to is going to get a hell of a LB.

    If he's still there at 5 in round 2, we would be Retarded not to take him.

    AdaM said:

    Whoever JL falls to is going to get a hell of a LB.

    If he's still there at 5 in round 2, we would be Retarded not to take him.

    Boy, amen!

  • AdaM said:

    Whoever JL falls to is going to get a hell of a LB.

    If he's still there at 5 in round 2, we would be Retarded not to take him.

    Boy, amen!

    oldcow1945 said:

    Boy, amen!

    YEP! Fits the Mangini mold too.

    Mike

  • Whatever you think of Laurinaitis as a prospect, you have to admit that he's an incredibly class individual.

    Laurinaitis comfortable in the spotlight

    Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis has spent time around cameras his entire life. His father was famed professional wrestler Animal, one half of The Road Warriors (Legion of Doom) tag team and two of his uncles were also involved in pro wrestling.

    Laurinaitis met with the media on Saturday and looked comfortable and polished in front of all the cameras, giving articulate answers to every question.

    He said his favorite wrestler growing up was “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels and explained that his exposure to the media from a young age helped him deal with the spotlight of being a star football player at Ohio State and now at the combine.

    “It’s helped a little bit, to be honest. I don’t get shy among the cameras. I mean when you’re backstage with dad and you see him doing live promos and all this stuff, you’re like OK, that was just life as a kid,” Laurinaitis said.

    “It was an awesome childhood. You get a chance to see a lot of cool things.”

    Laurinaitis also explained his decision to return to Ohio State for his senior season, even though he was projected as a possible Top-10 pick in last year’s draft.

    He pointed out that “a free scholarship is something I think too many guys take for granted,” and seemed sincerely touched by his experience as a Buckeye.

    “I think I owed it to Ohio State. They gave me a chance. I was only recruited by two schools out of high school — Minnesota and Ohio State — and they offered me a scholarship and a free chance to go to school, get my education and play football at a place like that. I felt I owed them that fourth year.”

  • He is a true class act.

    Although he wouldn't say it, I think one of the reasons he came back to OSU for his senior season was the fact that he didn't need the income. Many, if not most of the players that leave early are doing so for one reason. They need or want the cash. The Animal senior has provided for his family, and then some. As a result I simply think JL neither needed or wanted the cash asfter his Junior year.

  • I have looked through several pages of this forum and have failed to find a thread on this player .

    Is it the fact that he played in a 4-3 defense , or is it because he plays for the Buckeyes , or is it that people here think we draft to high to figure him into our plans ?

    He is a very good player and I feel he would compliment DQ in a very positive way . His preparation and football savvy is also a plus . Why is nobody pimping him here ?

    @neweradawg said:

    I have looked through several pages of this forum and have failed to find a thread on this player .

    Is it the fact that he played in a 4-3 defense , or is it because he plays for the Buckeyes , or is it that people here think we draft to high to figure him into our plans ?

    He is a very good player and I feel he would compliment DQ in a very positive way . His preparation and football savvy is also a plus . Why is nobody pimping him here ?

    Relax. There are alot of experts out there that are smarter than you, me, or the other knuckleheads on this board. If he is good enough to be drafted, he will be....... and in the right spot too. Lauranaitis will be fine, wherever he ends up.

    i wish we'd found Joey Porter before Pittsburgh did in the 5th round.

  • Seems as though more and more drafts have the Giants drafting him.

    It would make perfect sense as I'm pretty sure Danny Clark is the WLB there. He was brought in to fill a void and He's older than dirt.

    JL would join fellow Ohioan Chase Blackburn