Skip to content

What A Year So Far

The Browns Board
13 9 577
  • @typicalbrowns said:

    Probably the best season to come around in a while.

    My favorite plays of the year so far are probably

    1. Gilbert's Pick Six

    2. Hoyers throw to Hawkins to clench fg against Saints

    3. The Luck fumble TD

    4. Haden's fumble recovery

    5. Crowells Falcons run.

    I am blessed for this board and the season as well, and blessed to be a Browns fan with the rest of you fine people/assholes/Johnny pedophiles.

    We all are at least United in a way. Let's go beat the piss out of Cincy again.

    Asshole reporting for duty, Sir!

    Cool post... and love the top-five play bit. I need to think on my nominees, but the 50+ yd catch and run by Cam immediately sprang to mind... closely followed by Austin's catch, short run and "surrender" to set up the clocking of the ball and Cundiff's winning FG vs. ATL.

    Question is... will any survive now that JM is starting? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Asshole reporting for duty, Sir!

    Cool post... and love the top-five play bit. I need to think on my nominees, but the 50+ yd catch and run by Cam immediately sprang to mind... closely followed by Austin's catch, short run and "surrender" to set up the clocking of the ball and Cundiff's winning FG vs. ATL.

    Question is... will any survive now that JM is starting? 😉

    Probably. But I do think (hope) there will be some SC top plays featuring JF. Good post OP, right there with ya
  • I thought long and hard Bout the plays that made my heart burst, Gilbert's pick six almost made me pass out.

    But I loved Cameron's long haul against Pittsburgh. Kruger also has improved ten fold, and Crowell has surpassed all expectations

  • We forgot the Haden tip to Whitner!!! At least I did...

    It's going to the top of my list. THAT one made me jump up...

  • We forgot the Haden tip to Whitner!!! At least I did...

    It's going to the top of my list. THAT one made me jump up...

    @tour2ma said:

    We forgot the Haden tip to Whitner!!! At least I did...

    It's going to the top of my list. THAT one made me jump up...

    Knew I was still forgetting some. You know it's a good year when it's tough to choose a top 5

  • Gilbert's pick six was a thing of beauty. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Certainly appears he's dangerous with the ball in his hands. I don't see any other member of the Browns defensive backfield getting that one into the end zone, certainly not Haden.

  • @tour2ma said:

    We forgot the Haden tip to Whitner!!! At least I did...

    It's going to the top of my list. THAT one made me jump up...

    Knew I was still forgetting some. You know it's a good year when it's tough to choose a top 5

    Yup... designed QB trap, but gGilbert's leap and catch looked effortless... as did his run. Had a kinda Greyhound quality to it.

    Which raises the whole returner question again... although Benji seemed to regain some of his early form last week.

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Knew I was still forgetting some. You know it's a good year when it's tough to choose a top 5

    lol... yup... way better than starting a 2013 list where Wheezy backhanded INT is the clear #1.

  • I was of course excited in that split second when he caught it but when I saw the number of who caught it I immediately shouted GILBERT!

    Was a great moment. Cam's TD against Pitt up there too.

    It has been a good year and unfortunately should have been even better.

  • In no particular order, some of my favourite plays/moments:

    Whitner's forced fumble against Oakland that rescued the game

    Haden's first INT, in the endzone, bobbled and caught

    Crowell's TD run against the falcons

    Manziel's TD drive (no, not a fan boy, just enjoyed the spark of hope)

    Strip sack/TD of Luck

    Bryant's back-to-back sacks of Dalton

  • Gotta go with Gilbert. Major hope of things to come as the rook adjusts to the NFL. Damn what a great defensive day that was!

  • ray farmer's imprint on this team has just begun. the gilbert pick was brilliant. of course others would say we shoulda coulda done something diff. with everything that has happened in the last month or so i would think that/this is exactly what they had expected IMHO.