Skip to content

Re-Aligning the AFC

The Browns Board
21 16 1.4k
  • The Patriots are on the verge of winning their 11th divisional title in 12 years. I would like to see the Patriots in the AFC North. Here is hypothetical version of re-alignment.

    AFC North

    Browns

    Patriots

    Steelers

    Jets

    The AFC East

    Buffalo

    Miami

    Baltimore

    Cincinatti

    It's just a thought but the Patriots and Indianapolis are bound to win their divisions every year. I would like to see Indy play the Browns or Ravens instead of the Titans and Jaguars twice a year. I really think they should re align the AFC . WHAT SAY YOU?

    @opal312 said:

    The Patriots are on the verge of winning their 11th divisional title in 12 years. I would like to see the Patriots in the AFC North. Here is hypothetical version of re-alignment.

    AFC North

    Browns

    Patriots

    Steelers

    Jets

    The AFC East

    Buffalo

    Miami

    Baltimore

    Cincinatti

    It's just a thought but the Patriots and Indianapolis are bound to win their divisions every year. I would like to see Indy play the Browns or Ravens instead of the Titans and Jaguars twice a year. I really think they should re align the AFC . WHAT SAY YOU?

    Just NO. You want to realign- the Ravens move to the AFC East, and the Bills to the AFC North.

    If you want to kick the Bengals out of the AFC- fine- but there's no way the Lions would want to give up their historical rivalries with the Bears and Packers.

    As far as balancing the divisions- things change over time. NFC West champ got into the playoffs with a losing record a few years back, and now it's a Powerhouse.

  • Replacing franchise Modell with the Bills would do it for me!

  • I think a logical division for the north would be:

    Buffalo

    Cleveland

    Detroit

    Chicago

    But of course that would realign the whole nfl.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think a logical division for the north would be:

    Buffalo

    Cleveland

    Detroit

    Chicago

    But of course that would realign the whole nfl. - AGAIN

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh moved together for a reason. They have an almost magical bond. Until the realignment, the Pittsburgh game was special. It was played on a Saturday night at the end of October. Hell, that's why the very first Monday night game was played in Cleveland. We were used to going to at least one night game a year - make that 2 because we had the Cleveland Press double header preseasn game on a Saturday night as well.

    Y'all realize I'm remembering the 60's here

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh have to stay together.

  • I'm with Hoorta- the Ratbirds should have been put into the AFC East. Maybe Tagliabue didn't do it because of the Bills-Jets rivalry, but it is a slap in the face to Browns fans to play Balt twice a year. Add to that the Ratbird-Steelers rivalry that developed, I think the present AFC North line up is here to stay.

    The AFC South is real bland to me, nothing there seems like a rivalry at all. Two relocated franchises, and Jacksonville. Maybe they could add Miami and boot Indy, send Indy to the AFC North, then the Ratbirds to the East.

  • Cleveland Detroit Pittsburgh and Buffalo makes geographic sense but Id hate to lose Cincinnati.

    WSS

  • Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Indianapolis should be the AFC North.

  • Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Houston.

    And change Houston's navy uniforms to Love Ya Blue.

    And change their name to "Oilers".

    Zombo

    --No, I'm not good with change.

  • Browns

    Lions

    Bills

    stoolers

    all within a 3 hour drive

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think a logical division for the north would be:

    Buffalo

    Cleveland

    Detroit

    Chicago

    But of course that would realign the whole nfl. - AGAIN

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh moved together for a reason. They have an almost magical bond. Until the realignment, the Pittsburgh game was special. It was played on a Saturday night at the end of October. Hell, that's why the very first Monday night game was played in Cleveland. We were used to going to at least one night game a year - make that 2 because we had the Cleveland Press double header preseasn game on a Saturday night as well.

    Y'all realize I'm remembering the 60's here

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh have to stay together.

    @edwardejw said:

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh moved together for a reason. They have an almost magical bond. Until the realignment, the Pittsburgh game was special. It was played on a Saturday night at the end of October. Hell, that's why the very first Monday night game was played in Cleveland. We were used to going to at least one night game a year - make that 2 because we had the Cleveland Press double header preseasn game on a Saturday night as well.

    Y'all realize I'm remembering the 60's here

    Cleveland and Pittsburgh have to stay together.

    I hate Pittsburgh. I'm tempted to key every car that I see with Pittsburgh crap on it. I'd Be happy to get rid of them

  • i don't mind the Bengals and steelers in our division. ratbirds should be in the east. bring in buffalo

  • I hate all three of our division opponents and I like it that way. All 3 have a connection to our franchise.

  • I'm sure it has been mentioned but other states with two teams in the same division are the AFC West (San Diego and Oakland) and AFC East (Buffalo and NY Jets).

    I'm neutral about realignment. I like who we play but also think it would be interesting if they did do some realignment.

  • i don't mind the Bengals and steelers in our division. ratbirds should be in the east. bring in buffalo

    @lbc-mike said:

    i don't mind the Bengals and steelers in our division. ratbirds should be in the east. bring in buffalo

    Agree

  • @opal312 said:

    The Patriots are on the verge of winning their 11th divisional title in 12 years. I would like to see the Patriots in the AFC North. Here is hypothetical version of re-alignment.

    AFC North

    Browns

    Patriots

    Steelers

    Jets

    The AFC East

    Buffalo

    Miami

    Baltimore

    Cincinatti

    It's just a thought but the Patriots and Indianapolis are bound to win their divisions every year. I would like to see Indy play the Browns or Ravens instead of the Titans and Jaguars twice a year. I really think they should re align the AFC . WHAT SAY YOU?

    Just NO. You want to realign- the Ravens move to the AFC East, and the Bills to the AFC North.

    If you want to kick the Bengals out of the AFC- fine- but there's no way the Lions would want to give up their historical rivalries with the Bears and Packers.

    As far as balancing the divisions- things change over time. NFC West champ got into the playoffs with a losing record a few years back, and now it's a Powerhouse.

    @hoorta said:

    Just NO. You want to realign- the Ravens move to the AFC East, and the Bills to the AFC North.

    If you want to kick the Bengals out of the AFC- fine- but there's no way the Lions would want to give up their historical rivalries with the Bears and Packers.

    As far as balancing the divisions- things change over time. NFC West champ got into the playoffs with a losing record a few years back, and now it's a Powerhouse.

    Right, it is all cyclical. When Brady is done the Pats will be average or worse again.

  • I'm with Hoorta- the Ratbirds should have been put into the AFC East. Maybe Tagliabue didn't do it because of the Bills-Jets rivalry, but it is a slap in the face to Browns fans to play Balt twice a year. Add to that the Ratbird-Steelers rivalry that developed, I think the present AFC North line up is here to stay.

    The AFC South is real bland to me, nothing there seems like a rivalry at all. Two relocated franchises, and Jacksonville. Maybe they could add Miami and boot Indy, send Indy to the AFC North, then the Ratbirds to the East.

    @bob806 said:

    I'm with Hoorta- the Ratbirds should have been put into the AFC East. Maybe Tagliabue didn't do it because of the Bills-Jets rivalry, but it is a slap in the face to Browns fans to play Balt twice a year. Add to that the Ratbird-Steelers rivalry that developed, I think the present AFC North line up is here to stay.

    The AFC South is real bland to me, nothing there seems like a rivalry at all. Two relocated franchises, and Jacksonville. Maybe they could add Miami and boot Indy, send Indy to the AFC North, then the Ratbirds to the East.

    That would make the most sense.....geographically at least.

  • I say leave it alone.