Skip to content

I know you guys don't want old players again, but...

The Browns Board
5 4 703
  • If the Falcons release Keith Brooking I'd bring him to town in a heartbeat. High motor guy that is 33 years old.

    102 tackles in 2008. He could step in for "Just give me the money Willie" right now and it would be a huge upgrade.

    Brooking.jpg

  • Not sure how much he's got left in the tank.

    Sweet pic, tho.

  • If he was just good enough to fill a void for a couple of years and allow the Browns to look elsewhere in the draft this year.

    In his last 6 games this year this guy had 50 tackles!

    If they do let him go I think they Draft Laurintaitis. 7 year vet Cory Wire is behind Brooking on the depth chart.

    The Falcons already have a bunch of former OSU players.

  • An older guy or two isn't really a bad idea. Those guys are needed for leadership.

    The problem lies with choosing the correct veterans. We could have done worse than Willie McG. We're going to have to fill some roster spots with stopgap/bridge-to-the-future types. I just hope they can contribute effectively.

    I don't want some washed up chump just to "mentor" younger guys. Coaches can do that. I don't want a guy who is the 50th best SILB starting for us. There are only 32 teams, so a guy like that shouldn't be starting anywhere, let alone with the Browns. Jason Fisk was probably the 50th best NT in the league when we signed him. We have to better than that.

    -Al

  • Jason Fisk was probably the 50th best NT in the league when we signed him. We have to better than that.

    There were fat beer vendors at the stadium better than Jason "Don't call me Pudge" Fisk.