Skip to content

Hoyer

The Browns Board
114 32 4.1k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    College statistics Johnny Manziel's college statistics[37] Year Team Pass Attempts Pass Completions Completion % Pass Yards Pass TDs INT Passer Rating Rush Attempts Rush Yards Rush Avg Rush TDs 2011 Redshirt 2012 Texas A&M 434 295 68.0% 3,706 26 9 155.3 201 1,410 7.0 21 2013 Texas A&M 429 300 69.9% 4,114 37 13 172.9 144 759 5.3 9 Total 863 595 68.9% 7,820 63 22 164.1 345 2,169 6.3 30

    For the idiot who says he knows his college career. Notice that passer rating changing (155.3 to 172.9) AFTER the Heisman and those yards running cut almost in half as well as less than half the running TD's.

    Do you have any inkling why that is?

    Let me clue you in. He spent the whole off season doing everything he could to learn how to become a pocket passer because he knew he needed that for the NFL. He worked his ass off and became the leading pass %age QB in the nation his second year.

    So-you know shit about his college career.

    I think discussions about his excellent college career belong on A&M forums.

    No doubt though, it was an excellent college career otherwise he wouldn't have won the heisman. But we only have 1 NFL game to analyze so far. We'll get another one in a couple cays, I hope he shows aggressiveness, decisiveness, and intelligence on his way to 2 wins. But we'll see.

    No excuse for Sunday though, shitty rookie debut.

    @bbedward said:

    I think discussions about his excellent college career belong on A&M forums.

    No doubt though, it was an excellent college career otherwise he wouldn't have won the heisman. But we only have 1 NFL game to analyze so far. We'll get another one in a couple cays, I hope he shows aggressiveness, decisiveness, and intelligence on his way to 2 wins. But we'll see.

    No excuse for Sunday though, shitty rookie debut.

    I totally agree but when junkyard starts spewing crap about his college career I felt it important to point out there was a basis for picking him in the first place. Venom from him does not refute the quoted stats. Somehow people forget what that means for the future.

    It is a fact that he worked his butt off to change his game from his Heisman season to his second season. He could have just rested on that alone and done nothing at all, but the FACT is he worked with a QB specialist out in California to move towards a pro level game, not something anyone can achieve overnight. He will do the same for Cleveland if given the chance. Only a few here recognize both of those facts which ARE supported by the data and the history I provided. Why do you think Nick Saban told Johnny on national TV that he was the most competitive player he had ever seen on any level of coaching?

    Give this kid time to change. One game or even 3 mean nothing at all when someone is doing their best to learn something new. And how is it so many think he is doing nothing when his own HC says he is doing everything they ask of him. Some here have recognized what has happened in Cleveland since 1999. You want an instant cure for a losing culture. Running off every player who just might help will do nothing but perpetuate the same. Learn from your own history.

    And just for the record I felt Hoyer got screwed because this is really what hurt the Browns the most. It's a very good article. You can't lose the key to your O line and be the same QB.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_center_alex_m_11.html

  • @bbedward said:

    I think discussions about his excellent college career belong on A&M forums.

    No doubt though, it was an excellent college career otherwise he wouldn't have won the heisman. But we only have 1 NFL game to analyze so far. We'll get another one in a couple cays, I hope he shows aggressiveness, decisiveness, and intelligence on his way to 2 wins. But we'll see.

    No excuse for Sunday though, shitty rookie debut.

    I totally agree but when junkyard starts spewing crap about his college career I felt it important to point out there was a basis for picking him in the first place. Venom from him does not refute the quoted stats. Somehow people forget what that means for the future.

    It is a fact that he worked his butt off to change his game from his Heisman season to his second season. He could have just rested on that alone and done nothing at all, but the FACT is he worked with a QB specialist out in California to move towards a pro level game, not something anyone can achieve overnight. He will do the same for Cleveland if given the chance. Only a few here recognize both of those facts which ARE supported by the data and the history I provided. Why do you think Nick Saban told Johnny on national TV that he was the most competitive player he had ever seen on any level of coaching?

    Give this kid time to change. One game or even 3 mean nothing at all when someone is doing their best to learn something new. And how is it so many think he is doing nothing when his own HC says he is doing everything they ask of him. Some here have recognized what has happened in Cleveland since 1999. You want an instant cure for a losing culture. Running off every player who just might help will do nothing but perpetuate the same. Learn from your own history.

    And just for the record I felt Hoyer got screwed because this is really what hurt the Browns the most. It's a very good article. You can't lose the key to your O line and be the same QB.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_center_alex_m_11.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    I totally agree but when junkyard starts spewing crap about his college career I felt it important to point out there was a basis for picking him in the first place. Venom from him does not refute the quoted stats. Somehow people forget what that means for the future.

    It is a fact that he worked his butt off to change his game from his Heisman season to his second season. He could have just rested on that alone and done nothing at all, but the FACT is he worked with a QB specialist out in California to move towards a pro level game, not something anyone can achieve overnight. He will do the same for Cleveland if given the chance. Only a few here recognize both of those facts which ARE supported by the data and the history I provided. Why do you think Nick Saban told Johnny on national TV that he was the most competitive player he had ever seen on any level of coaching?

    Give this kid time to change. One game or even 3 mean nothing at all when someone is doing their best to learn something new. And how is it so many think he is doing nothing when his own HC says he is doing everything they ask of him. Some here have recognized what has happened in Cleveland since 1999. You want an instant cure for a losing culture. Running off every player who just might help will do nothing but perpetuate the same. Learn from your own history.

    We are all rooting for him, but there are signs ... from the Manning Camp, to admitting he prepared much harder last week than he normally does, that make you scratch your head.

    The best QBs in the league are gym rats ...Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, Rivers ... they are football nerds. It's really the only way to make it in the NFL. Hoyer probably has half the talent of Manziel, but he has the commitment part. We are hoping to see that from Johnny.

    Zombo

  • You cant make a call on a rookie in one game.That is insane! So many Johnny haters hard to believe. The kid sat behind Brian and never complained or spewed any negativety. Don't understand the hatred! I think a lot of the oldtimers cant deal with his celebrity status.Might as well get used to it,because that's how the younger players are now. Last weeks game was a joke on a team level.Disgusting! And I think I would like my money back.I love the Browns and want a winner. Hoyer got a fair shake,and if he would not have regressed,he would never have been pulled.Give Johnny a fair chance,and see what happens.He is a competitor,i think he will be fine.One thing everybody keeps forgetting is how we got paired to compete with the weakest division EVER,and we still got losses.and barely won the others!!

  • You cant make a call on a rookie in one game.That is insane! So many Johnny haters hard to believe. The kid sat behind Brian and never complained or spewed any negativety. Don't understand the hatred! I think a lot of the oldtimers cant deal with his celebrity status.Might as well get used to it,because that's how the younger players are now. Last weeks game was a joke on a team level.Disgusting! And I think I would like my money back.I love the Browns and want a winner. Hoyer got a fair shake,and if he would not have regressed,he would never have been pulled.Give Johnny a fair chance,and see what happens.He is a competitor,i think he will be fine.One thing everybody keeps forgetting is how we got paired to compete with the weakest division EVER,and we still got losses.and barely won the others!!

    @j-glasgo said:

    You cant make a call on a rookie in one game.That is insane! So many Johnny haters hard to believe. .... Last weeks game was a joke on a team level.Disgusting! ....... Johnny a fair chance,and see what happens.He is a competitor,i think he will be fine.........One thing everybody keeps forgetting is how we got paired to compete with the weakest division EVER,and we still got losses.and barely won the others!!

    You can't make a call on how his career will be, after one game....... and most people know that....

    The thing is, most of us are saying he looked terrible in the one game and the defenders are claiming we are condemning his whole future career(and thats really just a few nutz, not the majority)..... when the truth is we are only condemning last weeks performance....and playing time is the ONLY way anyone will know the ultimate outcome...

    So, it's a 2 way street.....I keep hearing from Johnnys camp how our WR's, O line and Defense sucked.....and from watching that game we could ALL see that is the truth....O line, WR's and D sucked.....

    So....why can we not say the same about JFF?.....he sucked too.....and saying that doen't mean I think he'll be a failure....and it doesn't mean I hate him......and it doesn't mean I love Hoyer.......and it doesn't mean I didn't see the other players play poorly.....

    It just means....that last week...he sucked.....The end.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    College statistics Johnny Manziel's college statistics

    Cool. Now quote his stats against top 50 defenses. Highlight Flordia, LSU and Mizzou, please. I'll wait.

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    Check the Stats and wins when Brady went down. The System had Cassel performing at the same level as Brady. Cassel leaves the system and turns to shit. It is what it is.

    "It" is a first ballot, HOF QB lock...

    You should not work so hard undermining any credibility you might have with off topic ramblings.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Cool. Now quote his stats against top 50 defenses. Highlight Flordia, LSU and Mizzou, please. I'll wait.

    I was going to go with improved record to go with the improved stats, but after you...

    @edwardejw said:

    I trust that Johnny will be more disciplined this week. All across Texas saw Johnny get his ass handed to him in his hat.

    It was a lot more of the country than Texas.

    I trust that he cannot get any worse... different side of same coin.

  • Well here's a little ray of hope. Note especially how bad all these very good QB's started in first games.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

  • You mean "midget" ray? 😉

  • @mudfly said:

    Ironic....because just 2 days ago Brian Billick said this.....

    To quote you from your 2015 Schedule OP... "wow".

  • This thread title is too gay, I have to change it.

    Z