Skip to content

Jay Cutler

The Browns Board
85 32 3.6k
  • WinstonLegthighW WinstonLegthigh wrote on last edited by
    #1

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

  • Dr.FootwearD Dr.Footwear wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Cutler is garbage and poison to a team. You don't want him.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    A whiny bitch prone to serious turnovers? We already have one of those at QB.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #4

    At a greatly reduced rate and in a run first offense, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Cutler would have to take a massive pay cut before I would even consider it.

  • At a greatly reduced rate and in a run first offense, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

    WinstonLegthighW WinstonLegthigh wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @logicisforsquares said:

    At a greatly reduced rate and in a run first offense, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

    Which is what we are trying to do if I'm not mistaken, run heavy with a great D.

    In that offense I think he could work.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Didn't Broncos trade him to pave the way for Teabag???

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #8

    No...

    No...

    ... and then...

    No.

    He's Jeff George reincarnate.

    ... and NO...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    great arm.

    no brains.

    not a good combination.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I'd take his wife

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    There won't be anything left of Jay when the MNF Postgame crew is done with him...

    So his wife should be available.

    On another note Cavs' highlights on SportCenter included a number of pinpoint bombs from Kevin Love to LeBron.

    They then CG'd "Love" to the bottom of the name-list jersey.. right under Johnnie's.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
    #12

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

  • Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    Amen!

  • Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

  • @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

  • @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tiamat63 said:

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    Uh....no?

    I'm saying that the three 4 is supposedly a better defense for stopping the run just by its design. And I am saying that makes it even shittier that we can't stop the run at all.

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    WSS

  • I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

    Id actually rather face Cam than DA this week, they seem "grittier" when Anderson plays.

    Not gonna matter if we don't put together a gameplan that the Muchkin can execute, they have a talented front seven, gotta get the ball up in the air quickly and effectively, no waltzing around holding the football up by his head like Joe College.

    Z

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Cutler = no thanks

    If we can condemn Johnny after one game, why would we think Cutler can do it after 9 years of futility?