Skip to content

Jay Cutler

The Browns Board
85 32 3.6k
  • Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

  • Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

  • Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    Amen!

  • Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

  • I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

  • @browns1216 said:

    Cutler would be a downgrade from Hoyer. If the Browns defense plays like they played against the Colts, then all the Browns need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and can keep the offense on the field. They don't need a superstar, just someone serviceable. Between Hoyer, Manziel and Shaw they can find someone competent enough to lead the offense. No new QB, I'd rather see the Browns focus on bulking up the run defense or the O-line and draft a receiver who understands how to run routes and will fight for the ball.

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

  • @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    @tiamat63 said:

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    Uh....no?

    I'm saying that the three 4 is supposedly a better defense for stopping the run just by its design. And I am saying that makes it even shittier that we can't stop the run at all.

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    WSS

  • I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

    Id actually rather face Cam than DA this week, they seem "grittier" when Anderson plays.

    Not gonna matter if we don't put together a gameplan that the Muchkin can execute, they have a talented front seven, gotta get the ball up in the air quickly and effectively, no waltzing around holding the football up by his head like Joe College.

    Z

  • Cutler = no thanks

    If we can condemn Johnny after one game, why would we think Cutler can do it after 9 years of futility?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm being 100% serious that I'd rather cut Manziel and Hoyer and bring back Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy and Weeden to compete before having Jay Cutler.

    DA is 2-0 as a starter, where's Lumbergh when you need em?

    Id actually rather face Cam than DA this week, they seem "grittier" when Anderson plays.

    Not gonna matter if we don't put together a gameplan that the Muchkin can execute, they have a talented front seven, gotta get the ball up in the air quickly and effectively, no waltzing around holding the football up by his head like Joe College.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Id actually rather face Cam than DA this week, they seem "grittier" when Anderson plays.

    Not gonna matter if we don't put together a gameplan that the Muchkin can execute, they have a talented front seven, gotta get the ball up in the air quickly and effectively, no waltzing around holding the football up by his head like Joe College.

    Z

    I agree with all of that. Just know if you hear a faint "we want Anderson back" chant it's the 25 year old dude in a Browns Santa hat starting it.

  • Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

  • Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    @westside-steve said:

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

  • @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    @westside-steve said:

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    Well again that was to somebody else. But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    WSS

  • Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

  • @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    @tiamat63 said:

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    I understood what he was saying. Although I don't agree anymore that any one scheme is superior to stopping either the run or pass...it's all on personnel. You get the best personnel you can and you fit the scheme to what they do best. I don't think we've done that here. There's zero reason to be standing up Kruger and Sheard almost 100% of the game like we do. They don't set the edge any better standing than they do from the 3 point. And both explode harder off the line with their hands down. So if we're not asking two 270'ish lb OLB'ers to drop much in coverage, why on earth are we standing them? Mingo you stand, I get it...cause he is a legitimate threat to drop back and be competent at it. No qb has ever looked at Sheard and Kruger standing up at the line and thought to themselves I wonder if they're rushing or dropping?......and changed the play one itota based on whether the guys were up or down.

    That's not to say I dont' think edges should ever stand...even in a 4-3 I wouldn't mind the DE's standing up in a two point run defense stance which lets them squat in the bounce lanes. Course that's predicated on the interior then doing it's job. Which ours hasn't.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    Well again that was to somebody else. But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    What was the famous line from "Don't Say a Word"?

  • Weeks before the draft this past May, I was convinced they would take Mike Evans or Khalil Mack at #4 and Derek Carr or Garapollo at #26. But Farmer wasn't drafting who any of the experts or fans thought he would. So it's a bit disconcerting going into next year's draft knowing we could take a complete unproven in the first round. Did the Front office even show up at the combine?

  • Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

    @bbedward said:

    Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

    I'm still mad the Patriots got him. Still think he was the best of the bunch too. Apparently, so does Belicheck
  • @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    @chicopee-john said:

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!
  • @chicopee-john said:

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

    @opal312 said:

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

    Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

    Gilbert looks like he'll be a good CB talent, the Desir sighting was positive what we saw Sunday, bitonio is basically on a pro bowl level his rookie year, kirksey is a steadily improving good ILB, west is good.

    Not to mention the udfa and getting buffalos pick next year. Namely k'wuan Williams and crowell as udfa.

    Basically we got 5/5 guys who are/could be good-decent looking starters and solid depth and rotational guys in Desir and Kirksey - who may turn into more (albeit Desir only played due to injury in a deep backfield), 1 sure fire future pro bowler, a 1st next year and johnny manziel...