Skip to content

Jay Cutler

The Browns Board
85 32 3.6k
  • Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

  • Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    @westside-steve said:

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

  • @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    @westside-steve said:

    sorry if I wasn't clear.

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    Well again that was to somebody else. But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    WSS

  • Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

  • @westside-steve said:

    No shit! How the hell can a football team have success if turd running backs cut through the 3 4 defense like it was a stick of warm butter? What other reason is there to run a 3 4 in the first place?

    And I agree that injuries have taken a big toll on the offensive line and we do need some depth.

    WSS

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    @tiamat63 said:

    So it's your belief that any team running a variation of a 34 can't stop the run?

    I understood what he was saying. Although I don't agree anymore that any one scheme is superior to stopping either the run or pass...it's all on personnel. You get the best personnel you can and you fit the scheme to what they do best. I don't think we've done that here. There's zero reason to be standing up Kruger and Sheard almost 100% of the game like we do. They don't set the edge any better standing than they do from the 3 point. And both explode harder off the line with their hands down. So if we're not asking two 270'ish lb OLB'ers to drop much in coverage, why on earth are we standing them? Mingo you stand, I get it...cause he is a legitimate threat to drop back and be competent at it. No qb has ever looked at Sheard and Kruger standing up at the line and thought to themselves I wonder if they're rushing or dropping?......and changed the play one itota based on whether the guys were up or down.

    That's not to say I dont' think edges should ever stand...even in a 4-3 I wouldn't mind the DE's standing up in a two point run defense stance which lets them squat in the bounce lanes. Course that's predicated on the interior then doing it's job. Which ours hasn't.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Walter, that is a perfect word choice...

    So it's not just when I read your posts... 😉

    Well again that was to somebody else. But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    But were you confused about my 3 4 defense statement?

    What was the famous line from "Don't Say a Word"?

  • Weeks before the draft this past May, I was convinced they would take Mike Evans or Khalil Mack at #4 and Derek Carr or Garapollo at #26. But Farmer wasn't drafting who any of the experts or fans thought he would. So it's a bit disconcerting going into next year's draft knowing we could take a complete unproven in the first round. Did the Front office even show up at the combine?

  • Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

    @bbedward said:

    Lol.

    The bears were the team to overvalue Cutler, we weren't and still aren't that dumb.

    And Jimmy G is the guy I was hoping we'd draft to develop, over Johnny.

    I'm still mad the Patriots got him. Still think he was the best of the bunch too. Apparently, so does Belicheck
  • @walterwhite said:

    Cutler is the most apathetic QB I've ever seen.

    IF, and I mean if the Browns go a different direction from Hoyer/Manziel in the offseason,

    I already have a guy in mind but I think it would require quite a bit to get him:

    jimmy-garoppolo.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    @chicopee-john said:

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!
  • @chicopee-john said:

    He was a 3rd Round Pick, at least, by the Pats.

    Imagine if the Browns took Sammy Watkins with their first pick, the CB with their second pick in the first round and Garoppolo in the second round?

    IF JF proves to be a bust - and I do mean IF - the Browns' FO has to be held 100% accountable.

    Pretty soon, many of the team's key players will be hitting their peak or, even, start the downslide while the FO continues to look for an NFL QB.

    It's the FO (again)

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

    @opal312 said:

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

    Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

    Gilbert looks like he'll be a good CB talent, the Desir sighting was positive what we saw Sunday, bitonio is basically on a pro bowl level his rookie year, kirksey is a steadily improving good ILB, west is good.

    Not to mention the udfa and getting buffalos pick next year. Namely k'wuan Williams and crowell as udfa.

    Basically we got 5/5 guys who are/could be good-decent looking starters and solid depth and rotational guys in Desir and Kirksey - who may turn into more (albeit Desir only played due to injury in a deep backfield), 1 sure fire future pro bowler, a 1st next year and johnny manziel...

  • OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    No, no, and NO. You'd be getting a bum at Peyton Manning money. His contract is a cap killer. He had(s) Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte for skill position- and his record is?

    @jrb12711 said:

    I agree with all of that. Just know if you hear a faint "we want Anderson back" chant it's the 25 year old dude in a Browns Santa hat starting it.

    I have duly noted the return of Lumburgh- DAs #1 fan.

  • Egad. I'd rather sign Harvey Swartzman to play qb, than

    even think about signing Jay Cutler.

    And Harvey is about 68..... 😎

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    No, no, and NO. You'd be getting a bum at Peyton Manning money. His contract is a cap killer. He had(s) Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte for skill position- and his record is?

    @jrb12711 said:

    I agree with all of that. Just know if you hear a faint "we want Anderson back" chant it's the 25 year old dude in a Browns Santa hat starting it.

    I have duly noted the return of Lumburgh- DAs #1 fan.

    @hoorta said:

    I have duly noted the return of Lumburgh- DAs #1 fan.

    He was in full swing on this board right when I first started posting here. Oh how the years go.

  • OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

    @berniedenslow said:

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

    I think the difference is that "Mr. Lennon" was proposing a possible QB solution for the Browns, whilst your post had zero to do with the Browns.

    And, oh yeah, this is a BROWNS discussion board.

    See the difference now?

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

    I think the difference is that "Mr. Lennon" was proposing a possible QB solution for the Browns, whilst your post had zero to do with the Browns.

    And, oh yeah, this is a BROWNS discussion board.

    See the difference now?

    @manzier said:

    I think the difference is that "Mr. Lennon" was proposing a possible QB solution for the Browns, whilst your post had zero to do with the Browns.

    And, oh yeah, this is a BROWNS discussion board.

    See the difference now?

    How much is the membership fee?

    No shit he was talking about Cutthroat as the Browns new QB - I wish I would have thought of that!

  • I bet it hurts to be so stupid

  • @opal312 said:

    I screamed for two weeks about Ray Farmer and the draft. Now it looks like another bust!

    Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

    Gilbert looks like he'll be a good CB talent, the Desir sighting was positive what we saw Sunday, bitonio is basically on a pro bowl level his rookie year, kirksey is a steadily improving good ILB, west is good.

    Not to mention the udfa and getting buffalos pick next year. Namely k'wuan Williams and crowell as udfa.

    Basically we got 5/5 guys who are/could be good-decent looking starters and solid depth and rotational guys in Desir and Kirksey - who may turn into more (albeit Desir only played due to injury in a deep backfield), 1 sure fire future pro bowler, a 1st next year and johnny manziel...

    @bbedward said:

    Still don't think it's a bust, but wish buffalo won less.

    Absolutely agree, in total 2014 was nowhere near a bust. TR + Wheezy? Now THAT'S a BUST...

    While I agree Bito will improve, perhaps even to Pro Bowl level, it's fair to say that the loss of Mack and the long season have taken their toll. His recent games are not at the level of those he posted coming out of the gate.

    @calfoxwc said:

    And Harvey is about 68..... 😎

    6'8? Man... that's Ostweiller territory...

    @manzier said:

    I bet it hurts to be so stupid

    Scientific fact: There is a degree of stupid at which pain is no longer felt... the nervous system is too underdeveloped.

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    OK, I know most people's thoughts on Jay Cutler. He has sucked this year, and has some really bad moments. That being said, if/when the bears get rid of him, and if JF sucks ass the rest of the year (or even if he doesn't) would you want cutler?

    I was having this discussion with my cousin, and thought I would bring it here. At first I was hesitant to the idea, but I'm starting to come around. Cutler is usually a great QB, and he has one of the best arms in the league. I feel we are only in need of a few more key pieces and some depth, and we will be a powerhouse. A good draft of O and D line, a LB or two, and sign or trade for cutler. I dunno what his contract situation is but we could probably get him without giving much up.

    Anyway, thoughts?

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

    @berniedenslow said:

    Nothing against you Mr. Lennon, but I started a thread about Teddy Bongwater and caught hell - WTF? I'm glad yours about Jay Cutthroat was well taken.

    1. I don't make stupid nicknanes that make no sense

    2. I was talking about him as a possible option at qb (although now knowing about his huge contract I would never want him. I thought maybe we could get him for cheap.)

    3. I also caught hell in some sense, being that it would be dumb to get him. You caught hell cause who the hell cares about the vikings and some meaningless record by their rookie qb. Its a browns board buddy, go post that on a viking board.

    4. You also start way too many meaningless threads.

  • Most Anderson speculated on NFL Insiders this afternoon, that the Browns might be interested in Cutler as Daddy Shanny was a huge fan and wanted him in WSH. So if kyle is his father's son...

    I did throw up in my mouth just a little...