Skip to content

Deep Thoughts ... By Berniedenslow

The Browns Board
166 38 4.2k
  • @mudfly said:

    So, my question to you is: What has changed in the FO between the time we were 6-3 and now?

    What could Haslem POSSIBLY have done to make us lose 4 out of the last 5?

    Probably can't answer that one - just seems with such an investment in Charlie Manziel, I only wonder if Hasbeen put any pressure on the staff to get him in. Coaching staff hasn't been around to really even guess.

    @berniedenslow said:

    Probably can't answer that one - just seems with such an investment in Charlie Manziel, I only wonder if Hasbeen put any pressure on the staff to get him in. Coaching staff hasn't been around to really even guess.

    I have no clue what you're even talking about with the coaching staff.....

    but I guess since you started the thread about "hasbeen", then I thought you might have an idea or opinion on why you're implying he's the problem...

    I think the whole world put pressure on coach to start JFF. But IF Haslem did(as you suggest), then what "changes" would he be making(as asked in the opening post?)....you think he's gonna change himself?

  • @osiris said:

    The subject line of the OP is wrong. He broke a Vikings record, not an NFL one. The quote, especially the last sentence, from this article illustrates why I wanted the Browns to draft him:

    "While most of the work on that game winning TD was done by Jarius Wright, who shook off more than a few defenders on his way to the end-zone, Bridgewater does deserve credit for calling the play to begin with. When he noticed an all-out blitz was coming his way, he audibled to the screen that ended up being the game winner."

    Yep, thanks for catching that. You wanted Bongwater over Charlie Manziel? I'd still take Hoyer over both of them.

    @berniedenslow said:

    Yep, thanks for catching that. You wanted Bongwater over Charlie Manziel? I'd still take Hoyer over both of them.

    I did want him over any other QB in this draft and I think he is going to be a better QB than Hoyer. Bridgewater has icewater in his veins and the goods between the ears. Everyone else was too busy thinking up clever nicknames for him to see how solid he is.

  • Zombo said:

    Ya, you're a pussy and we dont care. Im sure Brandon Weeden has rookie records too. Its what happens when rookies throw a lot of passes.

    Z

    I'll lose tons of sleep now knowing you don't care. What, we're only allowed to talk about one team here? The other 31 teams don't factor in?

    @berniedenslow said:

    I'll lose tons of sleep now knowing you don't care. What, we're only allowed to talk about one team here? The other 31 teams don't factor in?

    It's not "The NFL Board", dickwad.

  • Zombo said:

    You don't have to start a thread every time your Mom lets you play with her IPad.

    Who died and made you God?

    @berniedenslow said:

    Who died and made you God?

    Atenears.

    Zombo

    --Quinn fags did him in

  • How dare you like more than one team! How dare you like chocolate AND vanilla!

    @opal312 said:

    How dare you like more than one team! How dare you like chocolate AND vanilla!

    Not the same fucking thing. Chocolate and Vanilla don't compete against each other. NFL teams do.

    Liking two teams is very FRAKish.

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Who died and made you God?

    Atenears.

    Zombo

    --Quinn fags did him in

    Zombo said:

    Atenears.

    Zombo

    --Quinn fags did him in

    Funny thing is that the poor smuck won't even know the truth of this.

  • Manzealots have been trying to kill off Z, but the bastard's too mean to die. 🥷

  • Friend of mine put this amatuer song together in 1995, the year none of us will forget. Funny thing was, early in the season, the Frank Gifford of the MNF crew said before a Browns Monday night game that they had what it took to make the Super Bowl that year!

    The reference to "Alfonse" in this diddy refers to Modell sitting in his box with Alfonse D'Amato, former NY congressmen.

    So I guess things could be WORSE!

  • @berniedenslow said:

    "Were" is the key word there. Hoping they can pan out and a good one isn't missed in the draft. My guess is they'll go after a stud O-Lineman first.

    why wouldn't they was the question? what "besides" the line would cause 3(not 1) running backs to suddenly gain less yards?.....

    do you actually believe that running back is a need position? ....and we should use our 1st round pick on this position?.... even when we have - not 1, but 2 - rookies who performed really well there?

    @mudfly said:

    why wouldn't they was the question? what "besides" the line would cause 3(not 1) running backs to suddenly gain less yards?.....

    do you actually believe that running back is a need position? ....and we should use our 1st round pick on this position?.... even when we have - not 1, but 2 - rookies who performed really well there?

    As any football fan knows, all teams lean for their success on the O and D lines. This one was solid and when it was so was Hoyer and the rookie RB's. Think they'll pull the plug on them as they did Hoyer?

  • 1st wish for a cleveland brown board member is to have you banned because of your stooooooooopid fucking threads.

    put the black trash bags over your window and turn the ventilator up to high kid cuz the cops in WV can smell meth cooking from miles away.

  • 1st wish for a cleveland brown board member is to have you banned because of your stooooooooopid fucking threads.

    put the black trash bags over your window and turn the ventilator up to high kid cuz the cops in WV can smell meth cooking from miles away.

    @miktoxic said:

    1st wish for a cleveland brown board member is to have you banned because of your stooooooooopid fucking threads.

    put the black trash bags over your window and turn the ventilator up to high kid cuz the cops in WV can smell meth cooking from miles away.

    You run this fuckin' thing or what? What's with all the censorship threats here? You guys are about as humorless as a case of anal cancer............

  • Liven things up a bit...

  • Liven things up a bit...

    @manzier said:

    Liven things up a bit...

    Berniedenslow...

    Manzier just made a higher quality post than all yours put together and it only has 5 words. Take notes sir.

  • yer welcome 😉

  • @manzier said:

    Liven things up a bit...

    Berniedenslow...

    Manzier just made a higher quality post than all yours put together and it only has 5 words. Take notes sir.

    @bbedward said:

    Berniedenslow...

    Manzier just made a higher quality post than all yours put together and it only has 5 words. Take notes sir.

    Boy, you said a mouthful there! You da man, Manz!

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Probably can't answer that one - just seems with such an investment in Charlie Manziel, I only wonder if Hasbeen put any pressure on the staff to get him in. Coaching staff hasn't been around to really even guess.

    I have no clue what you're even talking about with the coaching staff.....

    but I guess since you started the thread about "hasbeen", then I thought you might have an idea or opinion on why you're implying he's the problem...

    I think the whole world put pressure on coach to start JFF. But IF Haslem did(as you suggest), then what "changes" would he be making(as asked in the opening post?)....you think he's gonna change himself?

    @mudfly said:

    I have no clue what you're even talking about with the coaching staff.....

    but I guess since you started the thread about "hasbeen", then I thought you might have an idea or opinion on why you're implying he's the problem...

    I think the whole world put pressure on coach to start JFF. But IF Haslem did(as you suggest), then what "changes" would he be making(as asked in the opening post?)....you think he's gonna change himself?

    Hasbeen made his zillions by being a shrewd, bottom line businessman. He's a player in this new era of get rich quick - quick results era. I don't think that applies to rebuilding a sports team. Remember the Herschel Walker trade Dallas made and the Vikings sold out tons of draft picks to them - and Jerry Jones put together a juggernaut with that? That took what, 2-3 years? Coaching staff? It's just about as fresh as a function machine as can be having just been put together by Coach Pedigree and they've done a hell of a job. There's no way to prove it, but I got to think that the staff was "leaned on" from the top to get Johnny Money in there at the first opportune moment, except that I don't think this WAS the opportune moment. I believe the coaching staff wanted to ride the storm out with Hoyer, and why not? Head Coach Pedigree knows football, knows Hoyer's struggles directly correlated with the team's struggles. Like I said, can't prove it, but I think that's what happened. And I'm sorry, rebuilding takes forward thinking in the long term and patience. I've seen neither with the Hasbeen era, nor any other era since 1999.

  • I still don't understand what haslam has done wrong and what you wanna do about it. Wanna buy it from him?

  • I still don't understand what haslam has done wrong and what you wanna do about it. Wanna buy it from him?

    @bbedward said:

    I still don't understand what haslam has done wrong and what you wanna do about it. Wanna buy it from him?

    If I had dumb money like him, heck yea, what football fan wouldn't? As for what can be done? I don't know - 8 home games a year, not like Hasbeen has to worry about filling the stands. I said over and over I can't prove anything and only going off what Bernie and Couch said and others have speculated, but he should leave football to the football people and no one else!

  • @bbedward said:

    I still don't understand what haslam has done wrong and what you wanna do about it. Wanna buy it from him?

    If I had dumb money like him, heck yea, what football fan wouldn't? As for what can be done? I don't know - 8 home games a year, not like Hasbeen has to worry about filling the stands. I said over and over I can't prove anything and only going off what Bernie and Couch said and others have speculated, but he should leave football to the football people and no one else!

    @berniedenslow said:

    If I had dumb money like him, heck yea, what football fan wouldn't? As for what can be done? I don't know - 8 home games a year, not like Hasbeen has to worry about filling the stands. I said over and over I can't prove anything and only going off what Bernie and Couch said and others have speculated, but he should leave football to the football people and no one else!

    Every owners going to have a finger in the pie. From what I've seen he's pretty much stayed out of football decisions leaving them to Farmer. Yes you could speculate he hand selected Manziel and forced pettine to start him. But that's just that - speculation.. From what I've seen almost everybody wanted to see Johnny after Indy. Our offensive coordinator has been praising him for weeks, why would you assume haslam was the only supporter of what was apparently an awful decision in Bernie's eyes, Couch's eyes, and your eyes.

    Also, what does Bernie Kosar know about Jimmy Haslam? Or Tim Couch? They have no association with him.

    We're on the verge of a winning season in really what's his second year of ownership, after how many losing seasons with Lerner?

    Give it a rest already. We're going in the right direction.

  • Farmer and Pettine are miles better than the fustercluck of HC/GM combinations we've had for the last 10 yrs.