Skip to content

Connor Shaw

The Browns Board
115 42 7.0k
  • Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

  • Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

    Sad to say but there is no chance in hell he does good, the problem is not the QB. It's the OL and the scheme. No QB can produce in this zone blocking crap that we run when we don't have the OL to execute.

  • I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Give me a bad assed O line and I show you how an average QB can look great. Lets try something different for once.

    You mean more "bad assed" than the #1 O-line we saw play into the 2nd Steeler game?

    @tour2ma said:

    You mean more "bad assed" than the #1 O-line we saw play into the 2nd Steeler game?

    Uh....

    WSS

  • If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

  • I fully expect Shaw to perform admirably. However, it means nothing. All it means is that we'll have to sign him to the active roster next year or lose him.

  • Predict the stat line:

    21/23 7TD 0INT 376 YDS 103 RuYD 3 RuTD

    Shaw the holder of multiple NFL and browns franchise records after Sunday.

    Shaw me the money!

    Merry Christmas everyone...

  • 0/0 0 yards 0 interceptions 0 touchdowns.

    800 rushing yards.

  • I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    Zombo said:

    I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

  • Zombo said:

    I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

    Yeah the fans should definitely be reasonable about their pint sized CFL backup, right?
  • Had a dream his first two throws were INTs, then he picked himself up pretty well and ended up with like 319 yards or so.

    We lost the game in my dream 10 - 0.

    I need to stop reading this forum before I go to bed

  • If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

    What? We can't think Manzel's 6 quarters of starting football weren't comic relief they were so bad? BTW, Merry Christmas Ag.

    @bbedward said:

    Predict the stat line:

    21/23 7TD 0INT 376 YDS 103 RuYD 3 RuTD

    Shaw the holder of multiple NFL and browns franchise records after Sunday.

    Shaw me the money!

    Merry Christmas everyone...

    So says the Shawzealot. Yup Shaw me the money. Doubt he'll do the money sign though. 🙂

  • Garrett Hartley will badly miss a 30 yard game-tying kick in the final minutes, Baltimore will try to chew it out and run the ball to end the game, Winn will force a fumble on an off tackle run that is picked up by Desir, then Shaw will come in and lead the team to victory as time expires.

    We'll call it... the Shaw-Shank Redemption

  • Shaw had some excellent stats with South Carolina. His coach Steve Spurrier has gone out of his way to say he is capable of being a good NFL quarterback. I am pulling for him to have a good game and hope the rest of the Browns play well enough around him to give him a shot at winning Sunday.

  • Garrett Hartley will badly miss a 30 yard game-tying kick in the final minutes, Baltimore will try to chew it out and run the ball to end the game, Winn will force a fumble on an off tackle run that is picked up by Desir, then Shaw will come in and lead the team to victory as time expires.

    We'll call it... the Shaw-Shank Redemption

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Garrett Hartley will badly miss a 30 yard game-tying kick in the final minutes, Baltimore will try to chew it out and run the ball to end the game, Winn will force a fumble on an off tackle run that is picked up by Desir, then Shaw will come in and lead the team to victory as time expires.

    We'll call it... the Shaw-Shank Redemption

    Lol now that's some funny shit!!
  • Nice article. thanks for posting.

  • That was a good read... also good was the read between the lines.

  • That was a good read... also good was the read between the lines.

    @tour2ma said:

    That was a good read... also good was the read between the lines.

    Joe Thomas choosing to say "He's a quarterback who belongs in NFL" says a lot to me.

    Dont think he said that about JFF, did he?