Connor Shaw
-
If you watch the few plays Shaw had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for four years at South Carolina. When Shaw takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
If you watch the few plays Shaw had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for four years at South Carolina. When Shaw takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
Sounds familiar.
-
If you watch the few plays Shaw had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for four years at South Carolina. When Shaw takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
If you watch the few plays Johnny had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for two years at A & M. When Johnny takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
Sounds familiar.
I fixed it
-
If you watch the few plays Shaw had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for four years at South Carolina. When Shaw takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
If you watch the few plays Shaw had during the pre-season game you'll see what we had for four years at South Carolina. When Shaw takes the field he's in charge and the team responds. He's a real leader, his gritty determination brings out the best in other players and he is not short on talent. He may not win every game but neither does Manning or Brady. His time on the field was the most exciting part of that pre-season game and he can bring that to every game he plays for the Cleveland Browns given the chance. We just want to see him play again and you will too.
Hey now we got Gamecocks to go along with the Aggies

Maybe we should make a thread Shaw vs Manziel and restrict it to the SC guys and the ATM guys.
-
Resigning Hoyer isn't an option. I think he's gone unless there's an under the table agreement to hand him the starting job for 2015.
Do we want that agreement??
I think we are in trouble at the QB spot for a while.
Do we want that agreement??
I think we are in trouble at the QB spot for a while.
hoyer was above average and led us to 7 wins this year. the competition read the book on him and with the loss of mack ergo the loss of the running game has led to our qbs getting bum rushed like people looting stores after a controversial ruling.
hopefully manziel looks better this week but if he still looks like shit the last 2 games i betcha they offer hoyer something. it's whether he accepts is the question.
slim pickings for FA QBs coming out, so if farmer decides to draft another QB it will prob be in the later rounds looking for a gem, cuz god knows there are some serious holes to plug on the lines.
oh but to answer the original question, i wouldn't start shaw. why ruin 2 rookies in 3 weeks?
-
You are right bbedward, we have no business posting here and I will let this be my last. I did not intend a Shaw vs Manziel comment. If Shaw has the stuff to make it in the pros, there's a coach somewhere that will give him the chance.
-
You are right bbedward, we have no business posting here and I will let this be my last. I did not intend a Shaw vs Manziel comment. If Shaw has the stuff to make it in the pros, there's a coach somewhere that will give him the chance.
You are right bbedward, we have no business posting here and I will let this be my last. I did not intend a Shaw vs Manziel comment. If Shaw has the stuff to make it in the pros, there's a coach somewhere that will give him the chance.
No reason to leave... it's just we've heard so much, so similar to your Connor post about "Johnny-kins" that we are very, very weary.
Shaw did nothing of note in pre-season. Played OK against scrubs... did not come out onto the field with his jock on over his pants... that's about it.
Not saying he can't develop... or even that he hasn't in the past 4 months. No idea...
-
You are right bbedward, we have no business posting here and I will let this be my last. I did not intend a Shaw vs Manziel comment. If Shaw has the stuff to make it in the pros, there's a coach somewhere that will give him the chance.
You are right bbedward, we have no business posting here and I will let this be my last. I did not intend a Shaw vs Manziel comment. If Shaw has the stuff to make it in the pros, there's a coach somewhere that will give him the chance.
Jeesh, too sensitive.
Your interest is Shaw, Shaw's a brown, so it makes sense to talk about him here (which we are doing)
I like his potential, but I don't think his chance is in the very near future and that's probably in his best interests for his long term future, IMO.
-
Some people can't handle this board and get shitty when they figure out its not like the official gamecocks forum where you can't say ass.
-
You have to give Manziel a few more games. If he still doesn't get it,
no harm in letting Shaw show what he can do.
Biggest reason? Manziel showboating on his own time, and not working as hard
as he should have.
Seems he SAID he worked to be ready. But he learned that NFL gametime is a different
deal than practice.
I really liked Garapollo in the draft. And Shaw. But Manziel may very well light it up in a game
or two, and everybody will be happy.
Ok, not on this board, but a lot of other places....@@
-
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
-
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
To me Shaw sounds a lot the same as Manziel, at least on paper. Missing most of the tangible physical tools, but has the grit & determination to overcome those things and win.
We've only gotten a glimpse, but he looked better than expected in that one small opportunity....so there is hope he will be something someday.....
Gotta say I HOPE we dont see him anytime soon, as that would mean we are down to Plan C and Im still holding hope for Plan B
-
I'd be happy to see him light it up if manziel sucks as much as the talking heads now say he does. But the fact that he's a practice squad qb doesn't bode too well for him.
-
Do yourself a favor and don't become a browns fan if shaw ever starts.
-
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
To me Shaw sounds a lot the same as Manziel, at least on paper. Missing most of the tangible physical tools, but has the grit & determination to overcome those things and win.
We've only gotten a glimpse, but he looked better than expected in that one small opportunity....so there is hope he will be something someday.....
Gotta say I HOPE we dont see him anytime soon, as that would mean we are down to Plan C and Im still holding hope for Plan B
To me Shaw sounds a lot the same as Manziel, at least on paper. Missing most of the tangible physical tools, but has the grit & determination to overcome those things and win.
LOL... just where did our paths diverge?
Sounds more like Hoyer than Manziel to me. I think of Manziel as having physical tools, i.e., arm and quicks, that neither Hoyer nor Shaw have.
-
To me Shaw sounds a lot the same as Manziel, at least on paper. Missing most of the tangible physical tools, but has the grit & determination to overcome those things and win.
LOL... just where did our paths diverge?
Sounds more like Hoyer than Manziel to me. I think of Manziel as having physical tools, i.e., arm and quicks, that neither Hoyer nor Shaw have.
-
Yes he does remind me of Alex Smith. I was aghast when they drafted Manziel also. But think we might give him a chance. And if we keep Connor Shaw that may end up a good thing. My pick was Carr or Garapollo. Considering we already had Hoyer, The rookie could sit and learn the first year. They didn't do that. Farmer passed on a stud wide receiver and then went with a media circus. It seems that we are just cursed no matter who's running the show. So I will pray Manziel or Shaw work out. I doubt it but hope they've learned a lesson and draft or at least scout better in the future.
-
To me Shaw sounds a lot the same as Manziel, at least on paper. Missing most of the tangible physical tools, but has the grit & determination to overcome those things and win.
LOL... just where did our paths diverge?
Sounds more like Hoyer than Manziel to me. I think of Manziel as having physical tools, i.e., arm and quicks, that neither Hoyer nor Shaw have.
LOL... just where did our paths diverge?
Sounds more like Hoyer than Manziel to me. I think of Manziel as having physical tools, i.e., arm and quicks, that neither Hoyer nor Shaw have.
Ha!...I should have said tangible physical attributes and prototype tools....you know, the stuff you usually hear when talking QB's.....like....size, strength, exp in NFL system, reading defenses, etc...
For whatever reason, I think of shaw as a smaller more mobile back and dont see Hoyer in that same light....perspectives are funny sometimes....

-
We start Manziel or trade him next year then it's back to the drawing board. Ugh is this painful. Why not just play him and get a veteran backup who could mentor Shaw or someone like Braxton Miller.
We start Manziel or trade him next year then it's back to the drawing board. Ugh is this painful. Why not just play him and get a veteran backup who could mentor Shaw or someone like Braxton Miller.
I think QB "mentoring" is fallacious. Other than setting an example of how to prepare, how hard to work there's little teaching. That's what QB coaches are paid to do. Ours, Dowell Loggains, big claim to fame as best I can tell is raising Jake Lockers game last year in TN.
So maybe we can do better. Bernie? Care to contribute rather than carp?
-
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
I'm not too sensitive and kiss my ass is as common in Gamecock country as Clemson sucks. I actually thought I was intruding on your board. I'm not a Browns fan yet. We don't get many Browns games down here. We do follow Shaw and would like to see more Browns games if he gets an opportunity to play. The Gamecocks had a similar record to the Browns before we got Shaw, Jefferies, Lattimore and Clowney. Even with Spurrier we basically sucked during his first years at South Carolina and we have started to suck again now that now that those guys are gone. Who knows, maybe the Browns will pull together some similar talent and maybe Shaw will be there to lead them. We hope so.
We have had a Connor Shaw type succeed here before: Mr. Brian Sipe was a 13th round pick back in 1972 (with now 7 rounds he would have been a UDFA just like Shaw). He took over for an overhyped first round pick (Phipps)....and became the Browns all time leading passer. Sipe stature is similar to Shaw's. So it is possible that a guy like him could succeed after a few year. Sipe himself spent 2 years on the taxi squad before being put on the regular roster.
So, be patient.....you never know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login