Skip to content

Connor Shaw

The Browns Board
115 42 7.0k
  • I want to see Shaw succeed but it will be next to impossible with dumerville and suggs camped out in our backfield all day. Every team out there has been able to penetrate the "ZONE BLOCKING" rendering our run game useless. We will be lucky to get 5 first downs this week. We need some serious upgrades on the OL if shanny is here next year and wants to run the zone blocking. It worked early on until teams figured out they just need to penetrate it and you stop it.

  • If Shaw looks good against the Ravens that will just be a bonus. I never want to put much faith in a 3rd string quarterback but I will say his former coach Steve Spurrier sure sings his praises. He may just prove himself to be an excellent back up which any NFL team needs to have. Spurrier compares Shaw to Russell Wilson but every quarterback seems to get compared to Russell Wilson these days.

  • he put up great numbers in the most competitive division in college football. My guess is mostly out of the shot gun and not from a pro style offense? We can only hope we find our franchise QB on the streets of UDFA, God knows we can't draft one.

  • I'm surprised the Browns were the only team to give Shaw a chance. Anyway I am pulling for him and he seems to have his head squared on and appreciates this opportunity:


    "The 6-foot, 206-pound Shaw ran a 4.66-second 40-yard dash at the combine, 0.02 seconds faster than Manziel, and finished his senior season with 24 touchdown passes to one interception, best among FBS quarterbacks. He’s the winningest quarterback in Gamecocks history (27-5). He made a big leap from his junior to senior year in the completion rate of passes beyond 25 yards downfield, from 22.6 percent to 45.9 percent.

    The Browns might have no idea what Shaw would do against Baltimore, but the opportunity is what Shaw has wanted since “I was 5 years old.”

    “It’s a dream come true if I’m able to start and able to play,” Shaw said. “It’s such a blessing. Such an awesome year for me and my family.”

    Shaw and his wife, Molly, whom he calls his high school sweetheart, have a 4-month-old girl named Mila. The Shaws married in June. Two months later, Shaw completed 8-of-9 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown in a preseason game against Washington, securing a practice-squad spot."

  • I give Shaw a chance at a solid game.

    Over the past two years, the Browns are 10-6 in games started by undrafted QBs and 1-14 in games started by QBs drafted in the first round.

    Z

  • Actually, if he shows he can run out of bounds without injuring himself he might be in the driver's seat for next year.

    Z

  • Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

  • Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

    How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

    It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

    Sad to say but there is no chance in hell he does good, the problem is not the QB. It's the OL and the scheme. No QB can produce in this zone blocking crap that we run when we don't have the OL to execute.

  • I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Give me a bad assed O line and I show you how an average QB can look great. Lets try something different for once.

    You mean more "bad assed" than the #1 O-line we saw play into the 2nd Steeler game?

    @tour2ma said:

    You mean more "bad assed" than the #1 O-line we saw play into the 2nd Steeler game?

    Uh....

    WSS

  • If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

  • I fully expect Shaw to perform admirably. However, it means nothing. All it means is that we'll have to sign him to the active roster next year or lose him.

  • Predict the stat line:

    21/23 7TD 0INT 376 YDS 103 RuYD 3 RuTD

    Shaw the holder of multiple NFL and browns franchise records after Sunday.

    Shaw me the money!

    Merry Christmas everyone...

  • 0/0 0 yards 0 interceptions 0 touchdowns.

    800 rushing yards.

  • I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    Zombo said:

    I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

  • Zombo said:

    I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

    C'mon, it'll be fun.

    Z

    --Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

    I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hopefully with not another Browns rope around his neck. 🥷

    Yeah the fans should definitely be reasonable about their pint sized CFL backup, right?
  • Had a dream his first two throws were INTs, then he picked himself up pretty well and ended up with like 319 yards or so.

    We lost the game in my dream 10 - 0.

    I need to stop reading this forum before I go to bed

  • If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

    What? We can't think Manzel's 6 quarters of starting football weren't comic relief they were so bad? BTW, Merry Christmas Ag.

    @bbedward said:

    Predict the stat line:

    21/23 7TD 0INT 376 YDS 103 RuYD 3 RuTD

    Shaw the holder of multiple NFL and browns franchise records after Sunday.

    Shaw me the money!

    Merry Christmas everyone...

    So says the Shawzealot. Yup Shaw me the money. Doubt he'll do the money sign though. 🙂