Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Quarterbacks matter

Quarterbacks matter

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
24 Posts 12 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    Of course the fact that Quarterbacks matter in the success of a team is not news to any of you. It is just this year, despite a couple of anomalies, it is the team's with clearly the Best QBs that are going to be into the playoffs.

    Look at the AFC. Which teams with which QBs are in the hunt for the playoff? Those with the consensus best QBs:
    Brady with New England

    Manning with Denver

    Luck with Indy

    BR with Pitt

    Flacco with Baltimore

    Rivers with San Diego

    Dalton is perhaps an anomaly.....but with him it is like having the little girl with the curl, when he is good he is very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

    Those with bad QBs or rookies are in the bottom group:

    Jax with rookie Bortles

    Oakland with rookie Derek Carr

    Tenn. with rookie Zack Mettenberg

    Jets with Geno Smith who doesn't seem to be making it.

    Some teams with QB upheavals or with QBs not considered to be elite in any way are teams on the cusp of the playoffs, but look to be out
    KC with Alex Smith

    Miami with Tannehill

    Buffalo with Kyle Orton

    Houston with 3 different QBs

    Cleveland with Hoyer/Manziel

    In the NFC, it is the great to good QBs that have their teams in it:

    Green Bay with Rodger

    Detroit with Stafford

    New Orleans with Brees (he does have his team in it despite the record)

    Seattle with Wilson

    Dallas with Romo....who is have a good year

    Though one team with a very unfortunate QB situation is still on top: Arizona....definitely an anomaly.

    Philly is in it though their QB situation is in flux.

    Some teams with QBs that many think are elite are not doing that well:

    NY Giants with Eli

    Carolina with Newton

    Atlanta with Ryan.

    San Fran with Kaepernick

    A couple of teams with QB disappointments are disappointing:

    Washington with RGIII

    Chicago with Cutler

    And three teams with rookies or no real QB

    Minnesota with Bridgewater

    St. Louis with ???? it ain't gonna be Bradford.

    Tampa with ??? Glennon/McCown?

    I will state this however: it does seem that it is the AFC that has more of a disparity between older proven elite QBs and younger rookie unproven QBs.

    And it may be a couple of those AFC teams that get a hold of Mariota and Winston....unless Tampa gets one.

    So that would be more competition with new young QBs for the Browns and JFF, fair to say?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      The above begs the question of: Who would I like to see succeed?

      Well, I am tired of the old chestnuts ( AFC: Brady/BR/Peyton) Besides the Browns I would like to see Rivers in SD and Smith in KC step it up a level and overthrow that previous group.

      In the NFC I would like to see Stafford finally do what he is supposed to be capable of doing. Plus the guys in Philly.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Opal312 Opal312O
        • 2k Posts
        • 100 Reputation
        Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Talk in Tampa is Jameis or Mariotta. But these great quarterbacks like Brady and Luck have the luxury of playing the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Texas, and Tennessee twice a year. We should have beat Luck. Our defense played well and he stunk the whole game. Too bad we fell apart this year. There's an article on ESPN that quotes Bitonio's view of miscommunication on the O Line and talks about the injuries. If anything Pettine will be a better coach for the future. Things don't come easy in the NFL and our plug in play due to injuries finally took its toll.

        DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!
        Opal312O 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Opal312O Opal312

          Talk in Tampa is Jameis or Mariotta. But these great quarterbacks like Brady and Luck have the luxury of playing the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Texas, and Tennessee twice a year. We should have beat Luck. Our defense played well and he stunk the whole game. Too bad we fell apart this year. There's an article on ESPN that quotes Bitonio's view of miscommunication on the O Line and talks about the injuries. If anything Pettine will be a better coach for the future. Things don't come easy in the NFL and our plug in play due to injuries finally took its toll.

          Opal312 Opal312O
          • 2k Posts
          • 100 Reputation
          Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @opal312 said:

          Talk in Tampa is Jameis or Mariotta. But these great quarterbacks like Brady and Luck have the luxury of playing the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Texas, and Tennessee twice a year. We should have beat Luck. Our defense played well and he stunk the whole game. Too bad we fell apart this year. There's an article on ESPN that quotes Bitonio's view of miscommunication on the O Line and talks about the injuries. If anything Pettine will be a better coach for the future. Things don't come easy in the NFL and our plug in play due to injuries finally took its toll.

          I sure hope they don't quit in the next two games. At least play spoiler!

          DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 39k Posts
            • 9k Reputation
            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
            #5

            Sure quarterbacks matter.

            Fact number 2 most teams that draft a quarterback in the first round suck. And there are probably other reasons than the quarterback for that.

            Fact number 3 a decent quarterback on a damn good team looks like a great quarterback while a decent quarterback on a terrible team looks like shit.

            WSS

            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              VesnaKociper said:

              Gipper,

              here is my take. You know how much emphasis I place on the QB. I believe a great QB provides a lift to the entire team. Not just TDs, but less time on the field for the D, faith in come behind wins. I think a guy like Brady or Manning does a lot for the entire team. Is Hoyer that caliber guy? I think there is a more important issue here.

              I always used to beat the Steeler fans up because they had Neil O'dumbell and Kordell Stewart. Nobody every really thought either of those guys we the end-all QB. For ahilwe fans gave them the benefit of the doubt, but all along, Cowher had impressive, physical teams and despite playoff heartbreak, kept a core team going until they pilfered Big Ben in pick #11.

              I think Hoyer is at least as goof as those two guys were, and while we search for our stud, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Hoyer. Hell, we DID do worse, we got Manziel.

              Very well. I guess my entire point is that in reality there are probably only really 10-12 really outstanding QBs that play in the NFL at any given time. (I suspect if you went back to the 90s/80s/70s/60s etc. that you would find in those eras only about 1/4th or 1/3rd of the teams as having a really good to outstanding QB). And my other point is that a team can be somewhat lucky (or have a really astute evaluator) to get one of those QBs. The Browns have not gotten "that guy" since they took Bernie in the 1985 Supplemental draft. That is now 30 years without getting a guy.....and there have been numerous attempts. Johnny Football is the 4th first round QB we have picked since then. I mean, are we going to bat goose eggs in all that time with these picks? The Seahawks got a gem in the third round.....in Wilson. Pats got supremely lucky in the 6th round. A guy like Montana goes in the third round.

              What do we get in the 3rd to 6th rounds? Charlie Frye, Colt McCoy, Luke McCown, Spergon Wynn, Eric Zeier.

              I guess I am saying that getting that guy....that QB that has it is a lot of luck.

              As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck the Browns would have no luck at all (at picking QBs)

              MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                VesnaKociper said:

                Gipper,

                here is my take. You know how much emphasis I place on the QB. I believe a great QB provides a lift to the entire team. Not just TDs, but less time on the field for the D, faith in come behind wins. I think a guy like Brady or Manning does a lot for the entire team. Is Hoyer that caliber guy? I think there is a more important issue here.

                I always used to beat the Steeler fans up because they had Neil O'dumbell and Kordell Stewart. Nobody every really thought either of those guys we the end-all QB. For ahilwe fans gave them the benefit of the doubt, but all along, Cowher had impressive, physical teams and despite playoff heartbreak, kept a core team going until they pilfered Big Ben in pick #11.

                I think Hoyer is at least as goof as those two guys were, and while we search for our stud, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Hoyer. Hell, we DID do worse, we got Manziel.

                Very well. I guess my entire point is that in reality there are probably only really 10-12 really outstanding QBs that play in the NFL at any given time. (I suspect if you went back to the 90s/80s/70s/60s etc. that you would find in those eras only about 1/4th or 1/3rd of the teams as having a really good to outstanding QB). And my other point is that a team can be somewhat lucky (or have a really astute evaluator) to get one of those QBs. The Browns have not gotten "that guy" since they took Bernie in the 1985 Supplemental draft. That is now 30 years without getting a guy.....and there have been numerous attempts. Johnny Football is the 4th first round QB we have picked since then. I mean, are we going to bat goose eggs in all that time with these picks? The Seahawks got a gem in the third round.....in Wilson. Pats got supremely lucky in the 6th round. A guy like Montana goes in the third round.

                What do we get in the 3rd to 6th rounds? Charlie Frye, Colt McCoy, Luke McCown, Spergon Wynn, Eric Zeier.

                I guess I am saying that getting that guy....that QB that has it is a lot of luck.

                As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck the Browns would have no luck at all (at picking QBs)

                Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 7k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @the-gipper said:

                I guess I am saying that getting that guy....that QB that has it is a lot of luck.

                As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck the Browns would have no luck at all (at picking QBs)

                I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                The GipperT B 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • MudflyM Mudfly

                  @the-gipper said:

                  I guess I am saying that getting that guy....that QB that has it is a lot of luck.

                  As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck the Browns would have no luck at all (at picking QBs)

                  I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                  I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                  Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                  So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                  My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                  The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @mudfly said:

                  I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                  I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                  Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                  So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                  My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                  The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                  And even with those.....you had one miss....in George.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Pats_Fan93 Pats_Fan93P
                    • 42 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    Pats_Fan93P Pats_Fan93 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Interesting thread Gip, I agree with how you bracketed those QB's- makes sense. Eventually the luck will come around and you will find your franchise QB, which I think is just what this team needs to really step it up. This year showed so much promise, if given a franchise QB who knows how far you would have gone this year.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MudflyM Mudfly

                      @the-gipper said:

                      I guess I am saying that getting that guy....that QB that has it is a lot of luck.

                      As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck the Browns would have no luck at all (at picking QBs)

                      I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                      I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                      Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                      So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                      My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                      The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                      Brown_I B
                      • 5 Posts
                      • 2 Reputation
                      B Brown_I wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mudfly said:

                      I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                      I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                      Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                      So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                      My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                      The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                      It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

                      MudflyM The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B Brown_I

                        @mudfly said:

                        I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                        I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                        Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                        So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                        My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                        The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                        It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

                        Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 7k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                        #11

                        @brown_i said:

                        It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

                        Makes you wonder.....the odds have to be millions to 1 for that to happen

                        They went 10-6, then 2-12 & got Luck, then went back to 10-6.....how does that happen?

                        And before you tell me they tanked, tell me how you get 54+ players to lay down & have intentionally bad years, just so you can draft someone.....

                        Nope...something stinks bad in Indy....

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          What if another team tanked too?...or had a worse record?....sounds like a risky move planning to go 2-12...I think they had help

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft....😉

                            Browns149B TopDawg31T 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 10k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
                              #14

                              Of the 11 Qb's you have listed at the top of the conferences

                              7 were high first round picks.. I include the rapist at pick 11 there

                              1 at the top of the 2nd round

                              1 in the middle of the 3rd round

                              1 in the 6th round

                              1 undrafted

                              So I guess they can be found anywhere, but at the top of the 1st round they are found WAY more often

                              "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MudflyM Mudfly

                                Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft....😉

                                Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 10k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mudfly said:

                                Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft.... 😉

                                It won't be tanking, just our normal effort

                                "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 7k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I can see 2 sides of that one....obviously Luck would look great here...no doubt about it.

                                  But I could never see the whole fan base accepting a tanked season. It would be outrage at it loudest.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • tml1138 tml1138T
                                    • 745 Posts
                                    • 16 Reputation
                                    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by tml1138
                                    #17

                                    Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

                                    On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

                                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • B Brown_I

                                      @mudfly said:

                                      I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

                                      I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

                                      Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

                                      So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

                                      My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

                                      The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

                                      It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @brown_i said:

                                      It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

                                      It is. Bert Jones injuries kept him from being la creme de la creme. Jeff George's brain, not is talent is what kept him down. A pre Cutlerish guy.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @junkyard-dawg said:

                                        Consider a few things....

                                        1: Remember when D.A. had us on the cusp of Playoffs and the Queen fanclub was blowing the N.D. Princess? Remember we needed the Colts to win to make the Playoffs. The Colts rested their starters and tanked, and Dungy admitted gave a wink wink to I forget who it was, but it was the team we needed to lose. Dungy admitted they had a gentleman's agreement to rest their starters and put no effort into winning.

                                        2: Iray alluded to throwing the season several times in the Media until the NFL started threatening to crack down on teams trying to throw games. Obviously they wouldn't say that if they weren't suspecting Indy of doing so.

                                        The Colts tanked, period. All it takes is impacting one or two people to throw things outa wack. Besides they threw Painter to the wolves and didn't even try to get an upgrade for the season.

                                        The English Premiere soccer league has a solution to this: its called relegation. Essentially, the teams that finish in the bottom 3 in the league get demoted to the high minor leagues, and the best teams in the high minor league get put into the big league for the following year.

                                        We don't have any relegation in American sports.....but it could help with all this losing on purpose....suck for Luck BS. The same would go in basketball.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • tml1138T tml1138

                                          Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

                                          On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

                                          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 23k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @tml1138 said:

                                          Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

                                          On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

                                          And convicted of crab leg shoplifting.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate