Skip to content

Quarterbacks matter

The Browns Board
24 12 1.4k
  • Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft....😉

  • Of the 11 Qb's you have listed at the top of the conferences

    7 were high first round picks.. I include the rapist at pick 11 there

    1 at the top of the 2nd round

    1 in the middle of the 3rd round

    1 in the 6th round

    1 undrafted

    So I guess they can be found anywhere, but at the top of the 1st round they are found WAY more often

  • Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft....😉

    @mudfly said:

    Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft.... 😉

    It won't be tanking, just our normal effort

  • I can see 2 sides of that one....obviously Luck would look great here...no doubt about it.

    But I could never see the whole fan base accepting a tanked season. It would be outrage at it loudest.

  • Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

    On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

  • @mudfly said:

    I agree 100% with the luck part....you have to get lucky with who you pick in the later rounds....or get lucky by having "the" pick when one of the rare "cant missers" comes along......and its not often that they come along or you have the pick....

    I tried to remember how many QB's coming out were honestly considered cant miss type prospects.....and by that I mean there had to be a consensus on them (by everyone) that they would be successful....

    Every year there are guys we all debate....but very few we all say "yes, THAT guy for sure"....

    So, I went back 50 years and only came up with 5 QB's "I remember" as being cant miss picks that basically EVERYONE agreed would be great pros and had few(if no) detractors. All the rest, everyone of them, were debated, had flaws and, though they may have been rated highly, were still not consensus.....

    My 5....> Bert Jones(73), John Elway(83), Jeff George(90), Peyton Manning(98), Andrew Luck(2012)

    The odds of having that pick the one time per decade it happens....is extremely slim...... So, you pick and hope for the best....

    It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

    @brown_i said:

    It's funny that all five of your can't miss qb's were drafted by the Colts franchise. Almost kind of spooky...

    It is. Bert Jones injuries kept him from being la creme de la creme. Jeff George's brain, not is talent is what kept him down. A pre Cutlerish guy.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Consider a few things....

    1: Remember when D.A. had us on the cusp of Playoffs and the Queen fanclub was blowing the N.D. Princess? Remember we needed the Colts to win to make the Playoffs. The Colts rested their starters and tanked, and Dungy admitted gave a wink wink to I forget who it was, but it was the team we needed to lose. Dungy admitted they had a gentleman's agreement to rest their starters and put no effort into winning.

    2: Iray alluded to throwing the season several times in the Media until the NFL started threatening to crack down on teams trying to throw games. Obviously they wouldn't say that if they weren't suspecting Indy of doing so.

    The Colts tanked, period. All it takes is impacting one or two people to throw things outa wack. Besides they threw Painter to the wolves and didn't even try to get an upgrade for the season.

    The English Premiere soccer league has a solution to this: its called relegation. Essentially, the teams that finish in the bottom 3 in the league get demoted to the high minor leagues, and the best teams in the high minor league get put into the big league for the following year.

    We don't have any relegation in American sports.....but it could help with all this losing on purpose....suck for Luck BS. The same would go in basketball.

  • Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

    On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

    @tml1138 said:

    Not only that, but what if we started seeing improvement with Luck under the old regime of the Walrus and Shurmur? Sorry but I'm glad they are behind us. Luck might've been another Couch if they were still here running the show. All speculation. Let it go and look forward.

    On the QB subject, things like Manziel picks should be avoided in the future with the new FO too. I don't like what I've heard about Mariota and Winston. One is supposedly another diva "look-at-me" and party-boy, before he ever takes a snap in the NFL? If he really looks promising for the NFL without much risk, ok then maybe. Except I don't want to see the Browns getting that type of attention with yet another diva QB. The other is another Rapistberger...except we don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. All we know for sure is he's been accused of rape. Stay away from that. Far away.

    And convicted of crab leg shoplifting.

  • Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft....😉

    @mudfly said:

    Well, we could tank this week and move up at least a couple spots in next years draft.... 😉

    no worries there, we will more than likely get shut out and have a whopping 4 first downs and one of those will be by penalty.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Sounds like Frodo's cunt is still throbbing and Shaw is starting so we should actually be able to move the ball some.

    change of QB is not going to make the OL any better than they have been. Don't overlook the total # of sacks Elvis and Suggs have this year they are going to make JFF's performance look like a pro bowl performance.

  • Wtf? Fuck that pussy euro soccer bullshit. You fags should be banned for even considering such pussiness.

  • Wtf? Fuck that pussy euro soccer bullshit. You fags should be banned for even considering such pussiness.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Wtf? Fuck that pussy euro soccer bullshit. You fags should be banned for even considering such pussiness.

    Agree, Communist Kickball should never be discussed on a real footbal forum.